SGOTM 17 - Unusual Suspects

I ran a quick test. Land units cannot cross water via a railroad, and water units can cross railroaded tiles.

I'm not sure what to make of this. :confused:

As long as it does not lead to certain doom. :mwaha:

That would be a quick way through the jungle...

Edit: and will probably lead us to an AI.

Wtf??

A railroad.... yes, follow the yellow brick road.

edit: and yet more bananas!

kcd: putting the eXplore back into 4X

agree, archer SW, SW and ride the rails
play until settler built or another reason to stop

I would like an archer exploring south (SE along isthmus) asap as well. Here P is practical, (not as soon as possible).

Is the scout needed to actually defend our cities if barbarians appear? Because we don't need him to fog bust. Here's the map:

Spoiler :

The settler will move NE N on the first move, then N FoundCity on the second move. Unless a barbarian is sitting directly on the 1/2 road square, there should be no problems - the new city's culture will bounce any animals away from us.

I'd like to propose that the scout instead move southwest around the small lake and explore the rice/banana city site.

Alternatively, we hold him back and have him fogbust the NE corner of the map for the rest of the game and don't use him to explore.

I prefer exploring.

Thoughts?

If we can get the settler to the elephants site without needing to fogbust, then I am OK with the scout checking out the rice/bananas site.

I think so - I think 1E of that would also work. We'd lose an unchopped forest but gain a hill. I'd have to look over the thread to be sure.

I'm currently busy at work, so I'd wait for a second opinion.

Scoutexploring is fine for me, and definitely the 1/2 road spot to settle.

Turn 57, 1720 BC: Buddhism has been founded in a distant land!
Turn 58, 1680 BC: Mansa Musa converts to Buddhism!
Turn 59, 1640 BC: Will Sign Open Borders: Mansa Musa

I also found some copper for us.

Mansa says "Hi."
Spoiler :

There are a few animals wandering around, and Mansa's scout is next to our proposed second city site (fogbusting for us!).
Spoiler :

We found copper.
Spoiler :

I learned that we don't have bridge building yet, so even though it's a railroad, crossing a river stopped the archer dead in his tracks.
Spoiler :

Save is uploaded for your review. If we decide what to do about Mansa, I could play one more turn and send the archer down the railroad tracks. The settler will be complete next turn.

Holy cow - copper! And close! With bananas! I think we found city #3 site.

I would OB with Mansa. I think you can play one more turn. :popcorn:

Awesome, copper.... and what looks like to be a dividing sea. At least we aren't isolated and we have Mansa to trade with. Sign open borders for sure.

I don't think it will be city 3, as we need both IW & Calendar for Copepr city, but it will not be far behind.

Top Bottom