• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 20 - The Shawshank Redemption

No worries, Jastrow. Sid giveth and Sid taketh away...

BTW, on which turn did you OB with an AI? I'm trying to track this in an early post for future diplo purposes.

I am still around for a couple of hours... If there is a concensus to go ahead and attack again, then I certainly could, but... I thought LtC was very much against that. Unless he agrees in the next couple of hours, then I think it is right to wait...

Note that I am not passing the turn because of a bad RNG role... It is just that my play window closes in about 2.5 hours for several days, and I dont want to delay things, but I also dont want to rush things now, since this is a big enough devellopement that I think we need to give everyone (and especially LtC and his calculations) a chance to opine on how we proceed.

BTW, on which turn did you OB with an AI? I'm trying to track this in an early post for future diplo purposes.

Now, T51... Writting just came in, and the warrior was in position, and as already stepped into AI culture (using his movement for this turn.)

I'm out of business for the next few hours. Tough luck on the battle, Jastrow. First strikes are known for that occasionally. I'm happy to trust WT with his plan, whatever it is. Good luck!!!

Great, let's promote and go in with C1. I read the code, and if we try again (3 on 2) and fail to do some damage, then we get a 2nd chance next turn of 3 on 2. He will not 0h whip in that situation.

Its this the long explanation you were promising? ;)

I didn't want to complicate the discussion unnecessarily, but I did plan to share my code diving eventually. Like I briefly stated above, I found in the code that the AI won't 0h whip normally. Only if he is in "Panic" mode. He does call DoPanic() in our case, but if we lose another chariot, he will calculate that he should not force a whip. Our power needs to be more then 1.4x his defense to trigger that.

That would be 12 : 10.25 (if we do no damage), or 1.17
Even if our chariot withdraws at 1.0 health it's: 13:10.25 = 1.27
And if we barely scratch the archer, we can still get under the 1.4 threshold.

Well, I suck at war, but... apparently once and a while the RNG smiles upon me.

Chariot #2 died, but did get 3 hits in before doing so...
Chariot #3 then had 80+ percent odds at the archer... VERY barely won, and is deeplyu redlined, but archer go bye bye :)
Chariot #4 is only ~70 against the warior, but fairs better... He is only Yellow, and sitting INSIDE ISTANBULE!!!

Chariot #5, because istanbul culture has disappeared, has enough movement to go to cow, and pillage road.

So:

-we own Istanbul.
-Cow is pillages (Road and pasture gone)
-Istanbul has no buildings... I assume granary first, but we have 6 turns of revolts to decide.
-We got ~120 fail gold, so MORE than enough for Sailing... 100% research into sailing...
-Citizen in ruins fired... Sailing in 5 turns.
-Capital... Extra hammers in library... PLan for Settler... I understand...

Two decision are needed for me to play on a bit:

1- Do we cease fire Istanbul-guy (Mehmed?) now? (I would think yes)
2- LIbrary of WB in ruins? I am tempted by WB, but have no strong opinion... I guess we have no choice by to let it grow into unhappy, right?

Excellent work, Jastrow! You are now officially a war monger! :king:

I would CF in the hopes of picking up another worker or more on the cows.

I can go either way on the library or WB in Ruins IF we have a fool-proof plan to get the WB out of the harbor. I'm still unclear on how that will work 100% of the time.

If there is a risk of losing the WB, I'd rather get the WB from Istanbul.

EDIT: Please wait for additional feedback before playing.

:goodjob:
I agree CF so we can steal workers.

library in Ruins (my GLH plan is coming soon now that we're over this hurdle).

Sailing 5 turns is awesome! We should have a connection to Nappy. Does it show the little arrows icon?

120 gold, meh. Woulda liked more, but It's great for now. And it's way better than ZERO:sad:

Remember not to jump on the first worker that shows up. Let him put a couple there. That's why we knocked out the road.

Do victorious chariots still have movement points left? If so, move them into Istanbul this turn so that they can start healing next turn from inside the city. Makes worker stealing safer with full-health troops, obviously.

Okay, then we're building the GLH in Ruins.
*Hm...GLH will be hard to build very fast anywhere...argh.

Agree. GLH surely has to go in Ruins like you said. At least we have some hammers there, but if we want GLH, we actually need to start on it "now". By 'now' I mean hammers need to start going into whip OF builds

But lighthouse OF has to be first to enable GLH. We can whip other stuff, but it would have to be taken out of the queue and resolve later.

GLH Plan

We can put 4 turns into a Library (28 hammers) (3 whip)
1 turn into a wb
(Sailing comes in)
whip Library, but remove from queue

We can put 3 turns into a lh (42 hammers) (1 whip)
Probably 2 more turns into wb
This is why we have to do Sailing first to start on the lh, and to get +3 or +4 trade rts.

Once we know Masonry is coming:
T-2 Masonry : resolve lighthouse
T-1 Masonry :resolve Library
T-0 : OF into GLH

We can 1 whip the chariot and/or wb when appropriate.
In a couple turns, we can chop that one last forest after borders pop.

Should be able to get GLH ~T70 or the early 70's. I didn't calculate yet.

OK, lets start a library now... I agree we need sailing, and LH as soon as possible.... 2 turns in LH, whip.... Overflow into GLH, then 3whip library asap... Overflow... Overflow charriot... We cannot do much better for now...

No chariots have moves left, but charriot #5, sitting on cows now, is 100% healty, and will teleport into istanbul when we cease-fire, so worker stealing is completly safe.

Am I green to go MItchum, or should I still wait for something?

2 turns in LH, whip.... Overflow into GLH,

Remember, we can't resolve any overflows until after Masonry.

Let's track when Edirne borders will pop. he's getting 3 cpt now that the palace moved.

Edit: It's T51. I think it has 16 15 culture (monument T35), so in 29 turns, we lose tiles.

Top Bottom