SGOTM 23 - Orient Express. Pre-game Discussion Thread

You'd better clarify this! You are now saying it IS allowed to purposely allow barbarians to raze your capitol as a means of moving it; it is only BUILDING a NEW PALACE that is technically forbiden, Seriously?:scan:

No, BSP is saying you have to re-settle the exact same spot and re-build your palace there.

You'd better clarify this! You are now saying it IS allowed to purposely allow barbarians to raze your capitol as a means of moving it; it is only BUILDING a NEW PALACE that is technically forbiden, Seriously?:scan:
I'm assuming the point is the railroad has to go from X to Y to Z at the end of the game, with X being the original location of your capital. Whether you move your capital in between 4732 times or not is irrelevant. Just don't shorten the path of the railroad, that is, you must re-establish your capital in its original location to satisfy the rr requirement at game's end.

I'm assuming the point is the railroad has to go from X to Y to Z at the end of the game, with X being the original location of your capital. Whether you move your capital in between 4732 times or not is irrelevant. Just don't shorten the path of the railroad, that is, you must re-establish your capital in its original location to satisfy the rr requirement at game's end.

ok, that's another way to look at it and brings up a question:
Can we connect the RR to the original capital location even tho we've moved the palace? In other words, does the Palace have absolutely nothing to do with the requirement of connecting x-y-z.

Can we connect the RR to the original capital location even tho we've moved the palace? In other words, does the Palace have absolutely nothing to do with the requirement of connecting x-y-z.
This is how I understood it based on the rules. Connect original capital, no matter where current capital is. But now I'm confused by BSP's "Just don't move it" comment. This needs clarification.

If you lose your capital, rebuild it at the same place and make it your capital again asap. If it seems you try to abuse it: You get DQed.

Will this game be with BUFFY 3.19.003 or the new version?

Buffy 3.19.003, as stated in the game announcement.

As far as I know, we are not yet using v4 in xOTMs. There was some problem with it, and I have not heard any news about that being resolved. Perhaps you know better? (I've only used v3 when building your BOTM start files.)

Let's not be guinea pigs for .004. Too much effort by too many people to have the whole SG loused up by some trivial bug.

One suggestion. I like the idea of electing captains when someone starts a team. So when you say I wish to join a team a captain must be named from start. This way you have someone to invite players and rally the troops. Otherwise players should opt for unallocated. Any reason why teams can't ask the unallocated players to join?

This way teams can be built around players. Then you also have someone to actively contact players to join like PR did. We need leaders here.

Was going to put this in sign up thread but a bit off topic.

Is the Salon the most useless UB in the history of civilization? +1 free artist. Gee thanks for spoiling my gene pool. :cool:

Any restrictions on where or when we build our capital?

Top Bottom