[BTS] SGOTM 25 Pre-Game Discussion and Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is fine that the mapmaker wanted each team to make a decision on what difficulty to play. He/she has put effort into balancing the three difficulties and it seems unrespectful to just throw out the work.

If you choose deity level, you’ll get more units ... including a bomber, a great spy and a great prophet.

Could we have a complete list of units. It seems a little unclear how big the advantage is. Or should it be
If you choose deity level, you’ll get more units ... consisting of a bomber, a great spy and a great prophet.

How does our choice of level affect the AI start units, start techs. and time until barbs show up? How does our choice of start level affect barb start techs? There is too much unknown to make an informed deciscion on start level, and leaves too much up to a mapmaker.
Spoiler but... :
Those who have played with the mapmaker and have insights into his/her thinking could be able to gain advantage. :groucho:

Sadly, I'm unable to play as I don't have any computer that can run Windows. However, I am curious about how the scoring system works, so I crunched some numbers., which are available as a Google Doc at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tia3vYVED0KfCdHJTKtBhMPi1zmhSbU44XcXWsFnHs0/edit?usp=sharing (that's a "commenting" link, if you'd like editing privileges just ask).

Is my interpretation correct?

Note in particular that I found an error in the Military formula shown in the first post of this thread for eliminated+vassal civs. It is clearly wrong, as multiplying by 0.40 (aka 40%) results in a whopping half a point per civ.

There's also a question that Gumboldt asked about how the Economy formula works which hasn't been answered. Is it (total cities on map with at least one corporation) / (total cities on map)?

Also, it may be intentional, but the Diplomatic numbers look funky to me.

Last edited:
I think he means 100 *(your cities with corp/total number of your cities.) That would allow a maximum 100 points.

I think it's pretty clear that "total cities (except barbarians)" means all cities in the world, except barbarian cities.

Since I signed up, I will unabashedly post a gratuitous HOF spam message to encourage folks here to play the BUFFY 005 Beta Gauntlet here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/help-test-buffy-005-beta-gauntlet.625310/

before this SGOTM starts. The beta is setup for a quick game to test the mod out. BUFFY 005 is potentially the future of all these games here, so it's worth taking some time to check it out. It should be stable, but we need to make sure we iron out any possible issues...thanks

Sadly, I'm unable to play as I don't have any computer that can run Windows. However, I am curious about how the scoring system works, so I crunched some numbers., which are available as a Google Doc at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tia3vYVED0KfCdHJTKtBhMPi1zmhSbU44XcXWsFnHs0/edit?usp=sharing (that's a "commenting" link, if you'd like editing privileges just ask).

Is my interpretation correct?

Note in particular that I found an error in the Military formula shown in the first post of this thread for eliminated+vassal civs. It is clearly wrong, as multiplying by 0.40 (aka 40%) results in a whopping half a point per civ.

There's also a question that Gumboldt asked about how the Economy formula works which hasn't been answered. Is it (total cities on map with at least one corporation) / (total cities on map)?

Also, it may be intentional, but the Diplomatic numbers look funky to me.
I think he means 100 *(your cities with corp/total number of your cities.) That would allow a maximum 100 points.

For mil, it should be 40 points, not 40%. I'll send message to SGOTM admin to revise.
For eco,
cities with corporation=cities with 1 or more corporations
total cities (except barbarians)=total cities on the map (except barbarians)

per Culture.... it's top 3 cities / 150,000.... for 100 points. but if you happened to have a city with 75,000 / 40,000 / 35,000 you'd still get 100 points; right?

or does a city get capped at 50,000?

per Culture.... it's top 3 cities / 150,000.... for 100 points. but if you happened to have a city with 75,000 / 40,000 / 35,000 you'd still get 100 points; right?

or does a city get capped at 50,000?

The formula as shown makes it clear that the cap is 100 points and not per city. You could have three cities at 75,000 each and score 100 points, or play a one-city-challenge and have 100,000 culture and score 66.66 points.

Apologies, I've been absent for a while. I've extended the signup deadline two days and posted new schedule in the signup thread.
sossos and I will finalize the scenario/map over the next few days.

Are we definately using Buffy version 5 here? Or did you decide to stick to version 3? I need to install this if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom