[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Pro Tip: When running 0%, unless you know you need the beaker, run it on a 0% multiplier tech, like Mysticism.

If you totally geek out, you can also avoid some beaker loss upon completion of a multiplier tech.

What happens if we don't find a city spot in the first 13 turns? Would 5 turns at 0% and then 100% until AH is done slow down when our workers could start to pasture? In other words, we need AH on the turn the worker from Cows completes and 2 turn before the worker from Gems completes.

T14 with ease. T13 would require some tricks we don’t want to do. (Like working wines and coast a couple turns)

What I’m seeing with the 5t delay gambit is that it allows us to work the cow tile instead of the river plains tile. Then work the river tile at max beaker multiple later.

You can do that same thing with a 4t delay too, right? I just want to be sure that we get AH on the turn our workers could first use it.

Yep. With 4t at 0% and then 100% until we learn AH, we should have AH on the turn the Cows worker is born. (EDIT: even if we don't find a 3rd city spot)

Are you planning to play today? I'm anxious to find juicy city sites!

Pre-Play Plan, Turnset 1, T0-T13?

Research: 5t delay, AH, binary

Cities:
Gems (Science?) capital, build worker
Cows: build worker

Scouting:
S3 + S4 nw, unless settling cows indicates end of world on south side of nw.
S5 west along coast
S7 ne
S2 nw central north or nw

MM: optimize beaker and hammer output

Diplomacy: Note turn AIs met, only DoW if snarky

Demo: Note T3 AI expansion (creative)

Pause: when appropriate, T3-5 to discuss research options, if possible city 3 site spotted

With 4 turns at 0% correct? And you're sure when to commit to AH and not let Sid pick, right? ;)

Do you need to change any of these Ws to Es?
Yes, sure, tested on your test save. Not sure about 4t 0%. Scout first then decide.

Shut up! 2 and 5...btw, before you ask, no, I never get lost.

I just ran a simple test. You HAVE to select the tech on T5 (with T0 being the first turn), otherwise Sid picks for you.

I ran 4 turns at 0% working the cows.
I then went to 100% and worked a 1:commerce: tile in Cows for 3 turns.
After that, I switched back to a 3 FH tile (i.e. cow resource).
On T13, I learned AH and both cowboys were born. No OF hammers in Gems, 2 OF hammers in Cows. No OF beakers. 5 gold left.

We can pull in AH to T12 but it doesn't help with anything since the soonest we can pasture anyway is T13. Keeping research at 0% for 4 turns allows us more time to find city spot #3.

I think this is what you were doing, LC, or some variant of it.

I know it wasn't you but settlers 2 and 5. See, settlers aren't used to scouting and have trouble with directions. Had they been proper scouts, you could listen to what they say. But ALWAYS ignore a settler (and LC) when he tells you east or west because it's wrong half the time.

BTW, I often get E and W wrong when I post as well so be on the lookout. We do need to be careful because it would be a shame to settle a city at copper-E when everyone else thought the city was going to be copper-W.

Luckily I don't get N and S messed up unless I'm in Seattle. I grew up north of Seattle and for some reason, as a kid it always felt like I was headed north when going to Seattle. So when I go back there, I still get on I-5 or I-405 going the wrong direction because my childhood messed me up (in more ways than one). haha

I forgot to say: Green Light from me. If you think you might play, I'll try to monitor my phone in case you reach a stopping point and need input.

Thx for all the feedback, Mitch. Probably play tomorrow since I’m not getting any other fast green lights tonight.

I'm still a red light if you're considering picking first tech with 5/500 showing. I need to test I could have sworn it's 4 / 500

Top Bottom