1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Actually, I can green light u til t4

2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Please get busy testing because this will become a barrier. Mitch and I both tested this yesterday. I’ve been doing this for most of the years of my CIVing.

Also, may I politely ask you refrain from swearing in front of children...although I admit it might accelerate Mitch’s maturation into full adultery. :mischief:

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  3. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Okay. Hopefully I will before you awake. :thumbsup:

4. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

OF = overflow

5. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Dramatic example of my post above on the 5t Delay. Following your instructions, the test save gave me 155/156b on T13.

[(4+13)*1.4 + 13*1.4] + 13*1.4 + (12*1.4)*6t = [23 + 18] + 18 + 96 = 155

What you must have actually done is the 1b better sequence:

[(4+12)*1.4 + 13*1.4] + (13*1.4)*2t + (12*1.4)*5t = [22 + 18] + 36 + 80 = 156

In the delay cycle, 17*1.4 yields 2c with no bonus, whereas 16*1.4 yields only 1c with no bonus. Later, the sub-optimal only has 2t remaining at 18bpt, whereas the optimal still has 3t at 18bpt.

In other words, the MM is: 5t on cows, 3t on river, 5t cows. Or simply 10t cow, 3t river, which I like because it leaves open the possibility of a T12 cowboy.

Interesting that my long-sought solution to T13 ah+cowboy lay in the 5t delay (and the consequent 4t at 0%).

6. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Turnset 1, T0-T13 (cont)
    T0
    Science is our capital
    Cows our second city. It reveals a 4th fur tile, tundra. NE lower area all coastal. Possible coastal city sharing all 4 furs.
    Research at 0%, no tech selected

T1
    Blue circle appears for 4-fur city site. S4 could settle on T2, but without thorough defogging. Risky. S3 could settle there T3 with more thorough defogging.
    S5 goes 2e to blue circle, 1clam, could settle to share rice and 1gem. Further east is a tundra coastal river, also possible site for clam.
    S7 (ne) shows blue circle on ph. Can’t arrive this turn.

Research at 0%, no tech selected

Thinking over scouting moves...

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  7. WastinTime

:old:Wow. I was wrong. I had to test it twice more to believe it. I guess my memory is not what it used to be. Beware team members, I haven't played (more than once) since 2018.

8. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

I’m a bit perplexed with the scouting moves already. How critical is it that we settle absolutely as fast as possible? Or do we want to take a turn or two extra to be thorough in scoping things out?

9. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

For example our scout down south could reveal one more coastal tile next to the offshore land tile. It’s a useless site on our side I think but it would tell us that we might want to settle that offshore tile asap if there’s fish there for example. But it delays that scout who is already way off track a couple more turns.

10. WastinTime

pictures please.
    I would like to scope things out. I still feel that the mapmaker wants us to have megalopolis's that don't overlap, so I want to see the area before commiting to cities that share tiles.

11. WastinTime

I don't want that much scouting. If we can't use the tile until we get a galley, we can wait to find out if it's seafood.

12. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

But there’s a stupid blue circle one N. which connects only a jungle Jim’s and the deer and nothing else, just missing out on that hidden offshore tile. By contrast we could settle on the flat land to the south of that hill connecting the jams again and that mystery coastal tile. I’m thinking that the stupid blue circle algorithm values hills so much over flat land that it might value that stupid deer over a fish. But I don’t know the algorithm so I don’t know if it’s telling us there isn’t any seafood there perhaps.

13. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Ok

14. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Next question is to the north west. Up by the furs and north. The problem here is due N is much closer to our capital where there is a coastal region. So the settler who’s already up there could dip to the west and defog that fur area, loop around and cover the due northern coastal area, where by the way there are no blue circles. Or the settler to the south of cows could come up and defog the northwest furs area on a one turn delay allowing the northwest settler to go up and to the east clearing that coast much sooner. What do you think?

15. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Next question is north east. That settler has a blue circle two tiles east on a PH. The question is dip under or go over? I’m leaning go over because that’s north east and it allows the settler down at the bottom who’s already defogging the coast to rapidly handle that southeastern area.

16. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Remaining question is the silly settler due south. This is the one who could defog that offshore tile, but you said no. The question is send him north east or east? Northeast just helps defog that ne area if needed on a few turns delay. Due east possibly settles in a nice spot the settler ahead of him to the east finds, allowing that seller to move on to a Choice spot, if that makes any sense.

I guess I’m leaning toward ne first but trying to leave both options open for now.

17. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Argh. Means a trip. Okay, will do. I had planned to set up my cell phone as a router but that plan fell through because it’s iPhone SE and it is too primitive. :mad::mad:

18. WastinTime

Mitch was much more dialed in to the scouting. I was taking a back seat on this. I can't follow without the screenshot. Hopefully MirrorGuard will chime in too.

19. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Save uploaded. Hopefully it will open with the only settler I've moved selected to protect against mistakes. As always, be careful,, guys!

20. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

To be honest, I thought it was on T4 also. And I haven't actually played a game since SGOTM-16 or so... :mischief:

I did play the last BOTM just to remember the basics. It's funny how I completely forgot the UI and where all of the different screens were.