SGOTM 9 - jeffelammar

I wish I had time to play, but I don't. And really I think denyd should do the honors.

Ghandi wasn't very cooperative, but I've enjoyed playing with all of you.

Jove said:
Pre-flight: I think I'll just let Ghandi have some oil, there isn't much that can really happen with 15 turns left.
Well at least he can waste another 15 turns building oil-based units :(
not that it would really matter :mischief:
Jove said:
Well, there are exactly 9 turns left. I've switched all production to nuke-you-ler missiles. Who would like to do the coup de grace?
I wouldn't. I guess I don't like playing games I cannot win. :mad: :rolleyes:

Go ahead guys!

Jove said:
Complete the Manhattan Project.

What did Ghandi switch to when we beat him on that? Did we manage to convince him to build an SS piece or did he switch to a nuke?

I didn't do the espionage, sorry. Last I checked, still no space parts in progress. With over 100k gold in the bank, the staff should hardly care if you open the save and look around...

Ok, by popular demand I'll play this one out.

Plan is to complete the final SS part in 2049 AD just after nuking as much of Gandhi as possible. I think an SS win is probably slightly more fulfilling than the other options. If however Gandhi does decide to start build SS parts, I'll only nuke non-SS part cities.

I got it and am playing now.

Here's the save for any brave soul who wants to review the carnage:

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm9/Jeffelammar_SG009_AD2049_01.SAV

Turn Log 10

Turn 0 – 2041 AD – First a look around shows that Gandhi still hasn’t started the Spaceship – Sabotage the ICBM Gandhi was building in Trondheim

IBT: Celts complete a SS part

Turn 1 – 2042 AD – Sink a pair of AEGIS Cruisers – Note that the Celts have started a 2nd SS part – Set Washington to completes SS part # 10 in 2049 AD

IBT: Lose a Nuclear Sub – Spot Indian invasion force

Turn 2 – 2043 AD - Not much, bomb the Indian invasion fleet but the transport survives, let’s set what he brought

IBT: Gandhi lands 2 Mechs & 4 TOWs

Turn 3 – 2044 AD – Indian invasion force is gone – Ours sets sail for Madras – Trade The Laser to Brennus for MPP (why should we be Gandhi’s only target) – Most of the pollution is cleaned up – Sabotage Indian nukes in Stavanger, Aarhus & Trondheim – up the luxury rate to 60%

IBT: Indian bombardment brings Celts into the war – 1st ICBM is complete

Turn 4 – 2045 AD – 1st Tactical Nuke sent to India – Pollution cleanup

IBT: Just AEGIS bombardment

Turn 5 – 2046 AD – A couple more nukes come on line – pollution cleanup and bombarding of Madras

IBT: More nukes coming on-line

Turn 6 – 2047 AD – Another tactical leaves port – Madras is probably too much for our task force, but I’ll try anyway

IBT: Last round of nukes complete

Turn 7 – 2048 AD – Time to launch – Withdraw the Invasion Fleet to a safe distance – Launch all tactical nukes – Now for the ICBMs – Gandhi now glows in the dark

IBT: Complete final Spaceship Part and Launch (also a bunch more nukes finish)

Final Score 5225 – Spaceship win in 2049 AD

After a quick look at the scoreboard, we're top of the stack for the Conquest teams :D

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 170
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Final_Demo.jpg
    Final_Demo.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Final_Splash.jpg
    Final_Splash.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 159
I have to wonder if being in Fascism was the reason the Gandhi never build any SS parts. With only 3 cities Brennus built one part and was 3 turns from his second with very limited resources and only Delhi as a viable production site. If I had unlimited time, it would be interesting to go back to 1950 AD and let Brennus have all of Spain and see if he would launch in time.

Oh, well on to COTM 24 & SGOTM 10

Thanks for finishing it off Deny.

I just want to say that it has been a blast playing this game with all of you. I know things dragged at times, but I really did enjoy this.

For those of you who I've been playing with for a while, it was a great run. For those new to the team for this game, well played.

I'm going to take some time off from Civ, though I will probably follow the progress of SGOTM 10.

Happy Civing.

Thanks Jeff! I had a good time too. Thanks to everyone, I think we all got along just fine :salute:

Hey Jeff, since you're about to have all this free time, how about you writing up the final spoiler for us?

Once again thanks for wearing the Captain's Hat :salute:

Yes, nice final punch. Moron Gandhi finally got what he deserved for his lack of cooperation! :sniper: :nuke:

I'd also like to thank you guys for hosting me in your team. I learned a lot and had fun in gaming and conservations :)eek: EDIT: also in conversations :D ).

I really enjoyed the game and feel more like being part of the civ community now :D

c u in other threads,
Paul#42

Top Bottom