SGOTM3 Rome - Team Ankka

Didn't get a writedown of the remaining turns, but these are the plans:

The intervention force is stationed next to London. Ships are sailing around us everywhere, so i expect the intervention force soon to be needed.
Railroads should be made to connect York and also 1 tile into enemy territory so that we can bombard the english and take their last city on our continent with the intervention force.
Note, when moving onto the railroad in enemy territory, the movement point is lost for the arties. Next turn they can move again after the english city is captured, but capturing that city will cost all movement point of the arties. Therefore shoose a moment of safety for this invasion. The cavalries will always be available to move in and out as they want though, so a few invaders can always be handled by those.

Then, you can try to get techs for peace from the english, if they don't want to pay, they can be wiped of the planet with their last city in the south of the small continent.

The western stack is moving for Washington.

The other stack can take babylon. They don't want to pay techs for peace, but another option would be to make a peace treaty and pay our gold for their techs. Then destroy their last city in the same turn and liberate their gold.

I sold salpeter to the germans for 49 gpt since they will be the last to be destroyed on our continent anyway, we can have 20 turns of peace with them. I did not sell them rubber for militairy reasons.

keep an eye on the luxury slider, war weariness fluctuates with all the wars going around and sometimes peace being made.

Oh, after playing my turns, instead of saving at the end of the turn, i accidentally pressed enter. So the save is at the start of next turn. Nothing is done yet.

WackenOpenAir said:
Turn3:
I sell granaries in cities that are size 12 already.

Question here.

Are you doing this because we're not building hospitals or is this something I should do always?

I thought the granary had an effect on growth and food storage past size 12.

Yes they do have effect beyond size 12, but i sell them because the cities won't grow beyond size 12.
Maybe some could be a little larger, but not worth the investment for a hospital.

Shoe35 said:
HI, everyone.

I have just been hired and need to be away for three weeks.

I will check in as I can but will be unable to play.

Good luck I am sure you will all do well.

I guess shoe won't play ?

WackenOpenAir
shoe35 ---- Seems to be away
EL OSO
Jeff1787
waitingtoderail
Ankka ---- When do you want to play again ?

so now its EL_OSO's turn.

Ok I grabbed the save. I'll probably get this done sometime tomorrow.

I was hoping this would finish up before mid September. I'll be gone most of the rest of the month.......Jeff

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm3/Ankka_SG003_AD1425_01.SAV

Turn 0: 1370 AD Redlined some foot soldier invaders. Eliminated an Englsh counter attack. Moved forces into position to take the last English cities. Traded 1500 gp and WM to Russian for Corporation.

Turn 1: 1375 AD Nothing noteworthy took place.

Turn 2: 1380 AD Captured Washington but sufferred heavier losses than expected. Changed production in some cities to replace the Cavalry lost in the battle. Army is in place to attack Cantebury and remove England from this continent.

Turn 3: 1385 AD Germany and England sign an alliance against us. Cantebury is caputured with one loss. City was reduced to one citizen. Raised luxury slider to 10% to compensate for war weariness. Signed peace with Japan for 20 gp. Russia wants 1590 gp + WM for Scientific Method. We'll have it in 4 turns for less than that.

Turn 4: 1390 AD Nothing noteworthy took place.

Turn 5: 1400 AD Germany captured Miletos. More cities start to riot. I guess 20% wasn't enough so I bumped it to 40%.

Turn 6: 1405 AD Ur was captured and Babylon eliminated. They had a MPP with Japan so we're back at war with them.

Turn 7: 1410 AD Nothing noteworthy took place.

Turn 8: 1415 AD Oxford was captured and Elizabeth was eliminated from the game.

Turn 9: 1420 AD Washington flipped back to the Americans. I had moved the force that took it minus 2 infantry and 5 artillery. I figured that was enough to prevent a culture flip, but apparently not. I've moved a stack into place to retake Washington.

Turn 10: 1425 AD Captured Atlanta. There is a force almost in place to take Boston. I have fortified the force to retake Washington in the mountains because I don't feel there is a large enough force to retake it at this time. I just pounded it with artillery. I figure as soon as Boston is ours, a force can be moved to retake it and Philadelphia.

Score is: 2496

Note: Several settlers were built during my turns. I had no idea why these were built or what to do with them so they are fortified in the cities in which they were built. Luxury slider is still at 40% and some cities are still rioting.

Militairy is not really a way to prevent flips unless its a pretty huge stack, like half the army. If it is too little, you also risk losing your army.
Therefore, it is recommended to have either your whole army in a city, or only one unit or none at all.

The settlers i started to fill the gaps between conquered cities. We need to get to the 66% asap, so we need to cover all the land possible.

Is jeff1787 still available ?
please let us know if you can play or not.

I'm leaving in the morning and with packing etc I don't honestly think I'll have time to play. I apologize, but I really thought we would be fininshed long before this. I'll check in when I get back in about 10 days.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm3/Ankka_SG003_AD1475_01.sav

OK -\

1425-1430
Began moving around settlers, made peace w/Germany (+100 gold), who were poised to take our cities on the middle island. Founded Selevcia to bridge gap between bablyon and Ellipi. You may disagree with me on this, but as much of the work has been done, I set all my workers to automate. I began bombardment of Washington. Japanese capture Eritria.

Bombard Washington & Boston. Found Artaxata. Capture Washington. Japanese offer peace, I refuse in hopes I will recapture Eritria on the next turn.

Move units towards Philadelphia. Capture Boston. Jeruselem flips to the Germans!

Found Aurelianurum. Recapture Eretria, make peace (+100 gold) with Japan.

Begin bombardment of Philadelphia. Found Hippo Regius. Russia demands I withdraw for the 3rd time on my march to Chicago. I declare war!

Found Nicopolus. Buy refining from Japan for 3282 gold.

Nothing of note, just troop movement.

Aztecs demand suffimentum, I capitulate. Don't want war with them yet. Russia shows no fear in attacking.

Capture Odessa. Germans are making some interesting troop movements.

Continue attack on Philadelphia, their artillery units are proving quite resiliant. I have lost some troops in attacks, should shore up the offensive units in that stack. Move a new small stack towards St. Petersburg and the Odessa stack towards Chicago.

Thanks for the clarification on settlers. Since Annka isn't playing that means Wackenopenair is up and Shoe35 follows. I'll check back in a day or two to see if it is ready yet.

K, i'm playing my turns now (but need a break again)

I see a dark could hovering over this game. The aztecs are growing in power as we do, and we will have a tough over sea fight with them. I have no doubts about victory, but about the time it will take to achieve it. But lets not give up before time is over, so there goes:

I have destroyed america.
Rusia down to one city on an island in the north.

I signed peace with russia. I gave them 300 gpt for a tech (don't even remember wich it was). I declared war immeadiately after. I safely stole another tech, hoping to trade it, but since the germans had a monopoly on electronics, the trade was impossible also with all our gold added.
We should get to tanks asap and upgrade again. We will need them against the aztecs. After "aquiring" electronics one way or another, we might max reasearch it ourselves instead of waiting for the AI to do so.

The idea is now to remove germany from our continent. Then remove the russians from the plannet. Then move over to the other continents.
Meanwhile repeating the peace and tech for gpt trick.

The aztecs are our most dangerous opponent. We should not give them any technology, the should be as backwards as possible. Also do we need to build a navy decent enough to secure a route to the other continent for our forces. I started building ironclads in horbor cities.

Every tile on our continet should be claimed, settlers can be rushed if needed.

First German city is taken. Cities can now be taken quickly due to railroads. A city every one or 2 turns.

I have done the gpt for peace and tech again on russia to get electronics. I chose not to research Motorized at max. It would be 11 turns, but with war weariness we can expect to need spendings for lux. The research would be slowed down so much i prefer just waiting for the AI to research it.

The stack near minsk i used to intercept incomming forces, it can be used against the germans, but needs to stay on our railway system.

With our exces luxuries, i bough some wars between our competetors. I did so primarily because i hope they will destroy much of eachothers navies. There are way to many boats around.
I also traded for 1 luxury from the aztecs. It being the 7th, it should help a lot for happiness.

Top Bottom