SGOTM3 Rome - Team Ankka

Maybe C3C is different. I've gotten bad rep hits for no apparent reason on a number of occasions and I'm just trying to figure out what I did to get it.

Turn 0: 700 AD Turn received. Trade Iron for Ivory with Japan.

Turn 1: 710 AD Trade Incense, Silks, and Spices to Russia for 21 gpt.

Turn 2: 720 AD Nothing happening.

Turn 3: 730 AD Nothing happening.

Turn 4: 740 AD Did some micromanaging. Found clowns where they weren't needed and either put them back to work or changed them to scientists. Our gpt with England is over and I had to move the science slider down to compensate for the 40 gpt loss.

Turn 5: 750 AD Decided to keep building units for the upcoming war with England. Might think about some trades with Germany when the gpt runs out in 3 & 8 turns. I'm not going to trade Theory of Gravity for Democracy, but I'm hoping someone will have Magnetism. I changed the science slider so we have a positive income and research Magnetism on our own in 8 turns. It's the last tech we need to advance to the Industrial age.

Turn 6: 760 AD Terrible News... Marseille flipped to the Babylonians. It looks like the AI was researching the Theory of Gravity because its not available for trade now. Other than that, nothing else happened.

Turn 7: 770 AD Continued to move troops into position. Bumped science slider up to try and get Magnetism before the AI. France contacted us and requested Theory of Gravity for a World map. I told Joan to shove it. She only has 68 gp and I think the tech is worth more than that.

Turn 8: 780 AD Traded Saltpeter for Furs to Russia

Turn 9: 790 AD Traded Silks to Germany for 20 gpt. Game crashed while I was at the Foreign Advisor screen. Argh!!!! Fortunately, I found the auto save and only had to redo a few worker turns here.

Turn 10: Not much happening here. Saved the game for the next player. We have 3 stacks ready to attack England. Two in the north and one in the south.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm3/Ankka_SG003_AD0800_01.SAV

Good job. :)

WackenOpenAir
shoe35
EL OSO - UP!
Jeff1787 - UP!
waitingtoderail - on deck
Ankka

WackenOpenAir
shoe35
EL OSO
Jeff1787 - just played
waitingtoderail - UP
Ankka - on deck

Turn 1...810 AD...Captured Warwick without any casualties.

Turn 2...820 AD...Preparing to attack Newcastle and Nottingham.

Turn 3...830 AD...Captured Nottingham and Newcastle, no casualties. Moving toward London.

Turn 4...840 AD...Still moving toward London.

Turn 5...850 AD...Germany declared war and attacked Rheims, no casualties. I am moving cavalry toward that area. Traded physics to America for 23 gold and 12 gpt. Traded physics and military traditon to Babylon for democracy.

Turn 6...860 AD...Captured Hastings, lost 1 cavalry. Traded magnetism to America for free artistry and 6 gold.

Turn 7...870 AD...Babylon declared war on us....yikes!!!

Turn 8...880 AD...Orleans was captured by the Babylonians. Captured back Orleans with no casualties. Captured Uruk in the south from Babylon with no casualties and got a leader and created an army. Starting moving the army north.

Turn 9...890 AD...Iroquois declared war on us.

Turn 10...900 AD...Captured Akkad from the Babylonians in the east with no casualties. Captured London and lost 3 legends and 1 cav. Then got a peace treaty and they gave us steam power. I hope that wasn't a mistake!! Captured Munich with no casualties and got a leader and created an army. Babylon will sign a peace treaty. I'll let the next player decide what to do. Also, not sure what to research next, so the next guy can decide. Russia and Germany have nationalism. Also, we can trade steam power for gpt if we want to, before the next turn. Altogether we captured 8 cities and didn't lose too many men. We lost Orleans but won it back on the same turn.

Please some comments.

Our score is 1374.

Here is the save.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm3/Ankka_SG003_AD1000_01.sav

Played turns - highlights

Lots of war weariness and several cities rioted at various times, even with slider up to 40 or 50.

Luncatorium flipped to Aztecs.

Lost 1 calvary in fighting at Marseilles.
Captured Ellipi.

Germany was about to attack Gonzominum, Herakleia and Munich. As I wanted to concentrate on Babylon, I paid them 40 gold to go away.

Took heavy losses at Marseilles - 2 calvary & 1 knight, before capturing the city.

Lost a few skirmishes outside the city, 1 calvary, 1 musketman, and one knight.

Made peace with France and get 115 gold plus world map.

Rioting gets more frequent, so I make peace with Babylon for a minor amount of gold (forgot to write down amount, but I think it was about 40).

Gozmonium flips to Greece.

I've begun to move fighters in place against Greece. I did a little scouting - the best defenders in the cities to the northeast are spearmen! It should be relatively easy to roll over Greece.

There's probably way too many clowns. I turned a few into scientists.

Our score is 1524. We've fallen behind the other nonvariant teams. :cry:

Ok... :)

WackenOpenAir - UP!
shoe35 - on deck
EL OSO
Jeff1787
waitingtoderail
Ankka

HI, everyone.

I have just been hired and need to be away for three weeks.

I will check in as I can but will be unable to play.

Good luck I am sure you will all do well.

Ok, there it goes:

I see quite large cities in the conquered area's. They should not get any improvements like libraries though, that is a complete waste. I'll just have them build artillery and settlers.

Settlers should bui build to fill in the gaps in the conquered area's asap, they can also be rush bought.

Don't have too many (or any at all) units in cities with high flip risk.

In the conquered area, tile improvement is unimportant for the corrupt cities. Only do we need to build a railroad infrastructure asap to move our armies, then we need to railroad every tile in our old homeland.

Preturn:

I move the lux slider down from 50 to 10%, gaining 257 gpt. Some marketplaces are started in not totally corrupt cities that have problems with happiness or will soon have. Corrupt (conquered) cities get clowns.

Since science is going well atm, and the research was started already anyway, i research industrialisation in 4 turns now. After that i will reevaluate.

I change productions in all conquered cities further away than paris (fully corrupt) to settlers. I might rush some later.
Also change to cannons in some cities without barracks.

I build embassies to check out babylon and greece. Babylon has riffles, we should not attack those without a good number of artillery.
Greece is defended by rifles.

I move stacks of units outside conquered cities so we dont lose them in possible city flips.
Moving cannons and cavalry north to prepare an attack on babylon.

Turn1:
Moving some more troops to greek borders.
Since just about everyone in history who tried to conquer europe or more crumbled after having 2 fronts, i am kinda in doubt but lets go for it :D. While preparing war against babylon in the north, i declare on greece.

Conquer Thermoplea at the cost of 1 knight.
Conquer Pharsalos.
Conquer Mycenea

Turn2:
Aztecs declare on us when i decline to give them steam power. Good thing is they are on a continent far away. We probably wont see much of them for a while. This is not gonna interfere with our wars.

Lose one cav in an attempt to take Athens. Also one retreat. City not yet taken.

Turn3:
Oops, i'm a nuthead, worker captured at the lone city on the long island.
Conquer Athens.
(When loading armies, i advise to only put fast or slow units in one army, not together as not to waste the speed of the cavalry.)
Conquer Knossos
Conquer Argos at the cost of one cavalry

Turn4:
Conquer Rhodes
I lose a cav and damage 3 others in an attempt to take Delphi
Conquer Deplhi at the cost of one cav.

Turn5:
Peace with Iroquois hoping that will help combatting war wearines.

Turn6:
War against Babylon is hopeless. After shooting 10 cannons at Babylon city, only 1 hit. Meanwhile a 14 HP army attacks and kills the rifle with only 4 hp left. I am not gonna waste cavalry by attacking their cities. :(
I will keep standing my army next to their city though and bombard a little. Maybe kill some loose units or get some luck with the bombardments.

Turn7:
Conquer Ephesus. Greeks are of our continent.
Greeks want peace and they give me a vilage for it, but they refuse to give nationalism. I take the deal.

Its time to go sleep now. I upload after 7 turns played.

For near future:
-Get all cities conected by RR.
-Move forces northward
-Build many more cannons and some musketmen, but no more cavalry. When artillery is available (we might wanna speed up research for that) we can upgrade the cannons.

Oh no, sorry i was not aware, i thought i had looked in the diplomacy and saw no deals. Must have looked wrong :(

Ouch, i feel stupid.....

Well, i guess next played can take a look to see if we can still get any gpt somewhere, but i guess not since i could already not get any at the beginning of my turns, so it can only be worse now.

Think that makes it time to totally trash our reputation and do without it from now?
It would be a bit too early, but i doubt if it's usefull to keep whats left of the reputation now.

Oh, well, everybody makes mistakes. :)

WackenOpenAir - just played
shoe35 - UP!
EL OSO - on deck
Jeff1787
waitingtoderail
Ankka

Since Shoe35 won't be around for a while does this mean I'm up?

i would think so, but he said he was going to upload after 7 turns played.

Yeah, i'm a bit busy lately, don't always have time, and was too tired. I had to go sleep so i just uploaded after 7.
EL_OSO's turn now i'd say.

I know Wacken is a good player, but 10 turns is 10 turns....sounds a bit primadonna like to me...I don't like it.......

I'm sorry, if you guys want me to play all 10, i will.
I just uploaded it after 7 so that you guys don't need to wait until i can play the remaining 3.

Sorry for being confusing.

For now however, i am asuming EL_OSO started his turns.

Top Bottom