[Shaded LH] Dido

She looks really better now! :goodjob:

I know that vertical crest lines on her chest can't be addressed with reskin :(

I just have to take a break but I'm sure that I can get the skin tones to match. It's just very time consuming. The Queen, Dido is worth it though and I want to get this right. What a hot character ...

@mourndraken - giving her some king of necklace might help making the difference in the skintone less noticeable. You will still have to make the color closer - as right now the difference is too striking.

But by adding a separating element, you would avoid the necessity of hitting exactly the same tone, which is often hard.

@Refar - she's going to get darker before I try putting jewellery on her. The whole point is to not have anything around the neck. ambrox62's terrific version, posted earlier in this thread, already does what you suggest. I'm trying to achieve a different result. The entire cleavage area is 5 pieces, using 3 texture patterns; the process is a lot like juggling, where if one piece is dropped, then the whole thing falls. The process means that you make one subtle change, save it, then start up BTS and have a look. Exit BTS and make another subtle change, save it, then have a look, ...

Thanks for the comments. lets see 2 like her, one doesn't .. if this was an election, this would be a landslide victory. I'm taking a short break from perfecting Dido the Magnificent, I'll take another shot at getting this right later this week. In the meantime, I want to finish Imhotep of Egypt, which will be my first unique LH, so stay tuned.

Yes, of course, but YOU are the creator and my name isn't necessary at all. :)
Before uploading she needs noshader version fix, game button and xmls support.

However I am not 100% satisfied with reskin.
I dislike the shining white color of her cloth. Perhaps she needs a different light setup or a more grayed tone of her cloth.

Furthermore there is another problem that I wasn't able to resolve.
In the attachement below, white arrows point to graphic transparence bugs using izzy animation (actually Dido uses elizabeth animation instead).
What are they caused from? Model? Animation? Bad reskin? :confused:

The problem is that the model isn't suited for this animation. We will have to try other anim. If you want to test more anim, it will save me some time. Remember that you may also use men animation from her.

Hi C. Sorry I didn't mean to throw this at you, but what do you think of Dido's New Skin ?

The problem is that the model isn't suited for this animation. We will have to try other anim. If you want to test more anim, it will save me some time. Remember that you may also use men animation from her.

Yes, I will try men animations.
Surely Izzy and Cathy don't work.

Hi C. Sorry I didn't mean to throw this at you, but what do you think of Dido's New Skin ?

I like it for a noshader version, but I think (correct me if I'm wrong), that the screen you posted is without shaders. The lightning effect that you did is simulated by the shaders (well, it's supose to be, the shaders map of this one isn't the best). It'll be good for the nonshader version.

Hi C. thanks for the feedback. I'm new to this modding hobby in 3D, so the majority of your comment just flew right over my head. But yes, I only changed isabella_nonshader.dds . If there are any changes that are needed to be made to your graphics for this, let me know because I'd like to help.

Hi C. thanks for the feedback. I'm new to this modding hobby in 3D, so the majority of your comment just flew right over my head. But yes, I only changed isabella_nonshader.dds . If there are any changes that are needed to be made to your graphics for this, let me know because I'd like to help.

I think your video card (or graphic card, I never know how it's called in english) isn't strong egnouh to display shader so the version displayed in your pc is a noshader one.

If you want to know a bit more about shader, you can check this : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=258966

yeah. I've known for a while that my graphics card is feeble. Vista says it's a 1 out of 10.

However I am not 100% satisfied with reskin.
I dislike the shining white color of her cloth. Perhaps she needs a different light setup or a more grayed tone of her cloth.

Does she look better now? :confused:

Attachments

• dido2.jpg
    dido2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 300
:goodjob: looking good. her breasts look a little uneven though. can you do a vertical mirror and copy the left side over to the right side ?

can you do a vertical mirror and copy the left side over to the right side ?

I will try to do that ;) (the "left side" means the Dido right side, right?)

Could you release a final version of your noshader Dido dds?
I would apply my clothes on your dds to have a whole version of LH (both shaded and no-shaded).
Then I'll test for a better animation... :)

@Ekmek
I think mourndraken was talking of simple dds reskin, not swapping model part with blender

Nice job Ambrox !
She look better like this !

What anim do you use for her ?

blender doesnt let you do mirror or even cut 'n paste :( as far as i can tell. you can just edit and move the polygons around though.

Press "d" in edit mode and it will duplicate the thing, horewer, you'll have to redo the rigging. (but in case of brest, it will be simple because it's all on the torso bone).

ambrox62> Nice job. I'll get that second coat done up tonight.

What anim do you use for her ?

Elizabeth animation (same as the original Dido that you made)

I made test with all animations and attached below a rar containing several jpgs.
As you see, Dido suffers serious anim problems on her arms (something bugged in the model ?)
Izzy and Cathy anims seems near to be good, but when she shows her arms during animation they appear bugged as well...:(

I think Eli is the better animation for Dido. Poor but regal. As a queen requires :)

Attachments

• Dido_Screen.rar
    497.8 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom