[Shaded LH] Dido

Nice job Amb !

bg looks great..the best so far. is that a greyscaled then white version of charkemagne's clothes. I think I used that on my popes. Looks good on her.

If you guys are going all out editing maybe reshaping the hair will help, like on top. instead of pulled back bring some to the front.

damn...I don't want to get sucked into this. :)

PS I have beads from Asoka separated if people are thinking of adding ornaments/jewelry to her.

No, it's not Charlemagne cloth, I made a custom robe for her, but the moddif wasn't egnough visible because it was to shinny. The guys, sorry I don't know wich one, there are so much people that worked on it, make it less glossy so the design is more visible. Also, the have added gold band (that I think are from Isy's costume and played a bit with my original dress patern to make it more visible.

I'm really enjoying seeing you guys craft a LH. Very good information here.:)

The textures are definately fitted to be worn the way Refar sez. off the shoulder is sexy, but three textures to cover five locations on the model is an endless challenge. I'm finding it fairly impossible to get a fluid texture match; considering how many pieces need to mesh so as to be invisible to the eye. In otherwords I've failed to make a flawless off the shoulder Señorita texture so far ...

I like the newest thexture - seems to faciliate the geometry the best. I also think a full dress does fit her more than the tanktop thingie.

There is a way to make to a skin texture / look continouos despite having multiple partitions - this would involve fully or partially remapping her - Can be done, would make re-using existing texture parts rather difficult however. Then either the new texture can be used directly, or - if it was only partial - converted onto the existing mapping via "Render to Texture"

Since i had the mesh imported, i messed around a bit more with her, trying to give her some more contemporary (from her time) clothes. Julius was a true gentleman and borrowed her his Toga..
I think it fits her better than Izzys dress. Besides, iirc we dont have a toga-wearing girl yet.
I hope you dont mind, C.Roland ?

There are some minor glitches in the animations yet (Elizabeths - not sure if i can make the toga work on others). And i also want to add a needle or somethig alike on the shoulder to hide the stain on the Togas texture. And fix the BG of course.

But once that's done...

-----

Btw. Does someone know, how to attach a rigged item to the nif, without replacing something that is already there ?
I hat to merge the Toga with the body mesh to make it work... Would be more practical to just rig the toga on it's own, and attach it with Nif-scope, but it seems to be impossible, without messing upthe rig.

to give her some more contemporary (from her time) clothes. Julius was a true gentleman and borrowed her his Toga.

I agree. Toga (or a similar ancient cloth) is the right way to dress she ;)

her chest doesn't look like it's there with the Toga. Would there be a way to fix that?

But i agree, a Toga is much better then the dress.

"TOGA, TOGA, TOGA" John Belushi - Animal House (1978)

Too bad Julius is so flat chested

Hmm the geometry is where it got to be. I bent Julius toga to accomodate the increased cheast measurment. A toga can of course not be as tight fit as a bodypainted top.

I think the real problem is the texture - it's quite unpleasant to handle becaouse of the seems, so the result looks somewhat flat. I am not one of the texture people howewer, so not sure how much i can improve it.

Just so you dont think she lost something, a render from a different angle. Pehaps it would be possible to turn her for the animations as well - would however cause her to look in a slightly wrong rdirection.

@Refar. yup I think that you are right about the textures so blindly I modified julius_nonshadder.dds and saved it as a jpeg. I got rid of that deep fold across the front, but I'm not sure about how well I've tweaked the toga, but it can be done easily. It's possible to change the toga to look even more full.
Spoiler :

Hmm the geometry is where it got to be. I bent Julius toga to accomodate the increased cheast measurment. A toga can of course not be as tight fit as a bodypainted top.

I think the real problem is the texture - it's quite unpleasant to handle becaouse of the seems, so the result looks somewhat flat. I am not one of the texture people howewer, so not sure how much i can improve it.

Just so you dont think she lost something, a render from a different angle. Pehaps it would be possible to turn her for the animations as well - would however cause her to look in a slightly wrong rdirection.

Excellent Job with the toga Refar !

Btw. Does someone know, how to attach a rigged item to the nif, without replacing something that is already there ?
I hat to merge the Toga with the body mesh to make it work... Would be more practical to just rig the toga on it's own, and attach it with Nif-scope, but it seems to be impossible, without messing upthe rig.

It's easy with nifskope, you do not have to merge the object with the body. You only need a skinpartition and than, you make the mesh(the toga) a child of the scene root and everything should be fine. It is how the vanilla leader's object are attached (like Justinian crown for example).

When you'll be done with it, can you send it to me plz ?

Thanks @Mourndraken - that stain on the toga was really annoying - even with the broshe thingie it was visible (i did not want to make the brosche as large as Julles.) I will use your texture.

I will forward it to you C.Roland as soon as i fixed the last clipping issues - will take till weekend i think - thats the most time consuming part. There is also a odd animation issue with her left (to the right side in the screen) biceps - it was already there on Izzy's model (i looked up hoping to find out how to fix it...) but become somewhat more prominent, after removing those puffy arm thingies from the dress...

@Refar. I started to write a description about what to do as a comment. I took a long time to write... and it made no sense. I whipped off that texture in 5 minutes. I'm certain that texture can be tweaked after I see it on the LH. I wanted you to concentrate on this amazing LH and not get slammed by a texture non-issue.

@everybody. really nice LH. I can't wait to see Dido in game.

Yes, i know what you mean - and yes - i am focusing on the geometry - that's why i commented on the bad textures in the first place. Yours is still better than what i have now, using the unchanged - other than the color - Julius texture.

I hope to finish her over the Weekend.

She's done on my side. Got clothes, a bit different hairstyle and some jewelry.
I send the files to C.Roland a couple of days ago (and a update right now).
He will look at it when he got time.

The last image is what i got when i tried to export the nonshaded nif. Isn't non shader supposed to be simplier ? :confused: Any idea how to fix it ?

Spoiler :

she looks very good it the first three pictures.

you guys have done a terrific job getting her to this point.

She's done on my side. Got clothes, a bit different hairstyle and some jewelry.
I send the files to C.Roland a couple of days ago (and a update right now).
He will look at it when he got time.

The last image is what i got when i tried to export the nonshaded nif. Isn't non shader supposed to be simplier ? :confused: Any idea how to fix it ?

Spoiler :

The things is probably a material propriety problem. I'll fix it tommorow before the Relase. She's very nice, good job on this ! If you want to collaborate again with me on a LH, I'm fine with this, you realle made this one a lot better.

i cant recall exactly how i fixed it when I did that one time but I thik it involved removing the alpha channel from the trishapes in nifskope

Just saw the end result: very nice, an ancient babe! (No wonder Ulysses stuck around for a bit...):goodjob:

Top Bottom