[Shaded LH] Dido

The normals on the arms are flipped (pointing inside)

This does go unnoticed for most of the time, but animation will cause you to look at the "back side" of polygons at some points.

I dont know if it can be fixed in NifViewer/Scope - i dont think so.

The normals on the arms are flipped (pointing inside)

This does go unnoticed for most of the time, but animation will cause you to look at the "back side" of polygons at some points.

I dont know if it can be fixed in NifViewer/Scope - i dont think so.

This will have to be adressed in max or blender I think.

Normals flipped? That is a simple fix in blender. Select the correct vertices and go mesh/normals/flip..

Yep, fixing that on the model is easy. However, after re-exporting it would be necessary to merge her with the animated files again... I dont really know how to do that (not sure about exporting shader either.)

Ok, I see, that would be a bit of work then I think.. Though can you not just directly export LH's from Blender?

Yep, fixing that on the model is easy. However, after re-exporting it would be necessary to merge her with the animated files again... I dont really know how to do that (not sure about exporting shader either.)

That's(merging anim) not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is the rexportation of the shaders. Ploeper did a clean export with max, and he's reallu busy now, so we would need someone with max to reexport it.

I am working with max. I did however not found out yet, how to export properly - yo dont happen to have the needed shader settings ?

I am working with max. I did however not found out yet, how to export properly - yo dont happen to have the needed shader settings ?

Check the tut (Part 2 (Shaded LH) With Ploeperpengel) in my sign that I wrote with Ploeper. It explains how to export with right shaders.

Fixed the Normals and on the Shaded version. She should work ok now, with animations that do move/show arms.
The Non-Shader one seem not to be brocken in the first place.

When assigning Smoothing, i had Ambrox reskin in mind. I did however not had his texture at hand. If i can have the texture, i might be able to do better on smoothing. (the DL in post 15 seem brocken - i get the rar, but can't open it.)

Edit: The EYES_TARGET Problem seems to be in NifScope only.
I noticed another oddity - the Eye-target bone get de-rigged - this causes the eyes to look a bit odd (the pupils do not move properly).
It's rather minor - only noticeable which animation that to turn the head very far - like Cath'ys - the eyes will look all white for the moment - till the head is aligned to look forward.
Not my fault :mischief:
Was this done on purpose to fight some other problem ? Or just got lost when exporting/rerigging ? If it was accidental i could try to fix it.

Below only the fixed nif. I did not change nothing else.

Great!!! :goodjob:

the DL in post 15 seem brocken - i get the rar, but can't open it

I made a new reskin in post #34 (or 39?) but I didn't attach it.
I'll try your nif with all existing LH animations also.

Which tool did you use to fix her?

I use max. Blender would work too, but - so it seems - only able to export non-shaded version.

A minor note to your skin - she might look better, if you make the top reach down further. The geometry does not really support a cut where you made the top end, so the bottom boarder of the top looks painted.

It should either reach to the last row of polygons (I made a cut in the smothing along that line) or perhaps be a dress, rather than a top.

EDIT: About that eyes thingie... My bad.
Nif-scope does complain about it, and it looks somewhat odd in there. But it does the same with the unchanged Izzy files, so i guess it's a NifScope issue.
The Eyes do look OK in-game.

She seems to work on Izzy's or Cathy's (Need eyes and Teeth to be pushed back a bit in NifWiewer) animations. Did not tried other.

I went through all the animations on her, trying only Greeting + Pleased - those are the easiest to try.

Obviously Liz and Isabella will work. (C.Roland used Liz)

Others:
Victoria, Cathy and Boudica are ok. All need the eyes fixed just a little bit.

Montezuma would need Eyes and Teeth fixed, but should be doable.
FDR looks surprisingly good - the eyes need to be pushed just a tick back.
Asoka is somewhat edgy, and a bit odd around the chest...

Also Homewhat human did look:
Mao and Bismark.

Others ranging between glitchy and freaky, so i would not even bother to try.

Eyes need fixing depending on the animation - no point doing it however, before settling on which one is going to be used.

Starting from Refar dido_fx, I just attached a mini-rar (Dido WorkInProgress) containing updated dds (dif and norm based on my reskin) and two shaded nif specifically edited (using nifscope) for Izzy and Eliz animations, to fix eyes/teeth/lashes problems.
They are close to be completed ;)

Attachments

• Dido_wip.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
Nice job guys !

I haven't really time right now to test all your work, but I will this weekend. What anim do you think she should use ? Maybe boudica (I haven't see the result, but BtS anim are less usend than vanilla anim).

What do you think ?

A minor note to your skin - she might look better, if you make the top reach down further. The geometry does not really support a cut where you made the top end, so the bottom boarder of the top looks painted.
It should either reach to the last row of polygons (I made a cut in the smothing along that line) or perhaps be a dress, rather than a top.

The never-ending Dido's story continues.... :)

I made a reskin using the original C.Roland dress to solve the Refar issue, removing Dido's top.
I can't say if she looks better or worse.
It's matter of tastes...

I attached reskinned (shaded) dds files

Attachments

• dido_originaldressed.jpg
    dido_originaldressed.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Dido_dds.rar
    769.8 KB · Views: 139
bg looks great..the best so far. is that a greyscaled then white version of charkemagne's clothes. I think I used that on my popes. Looks good on her.

If you guys are going all out editing maybe reshaping the hair will help, like on top. instead of pulled back bring some to the front.

damn...I don't want to get sucked into this. :)

PS I have beads from Asoka separated if people are thinking of adding ornaments/jewelry to her.

Top Bottom