[BTS] Shadow Game Livestream / Screenshare

Hesha

Prince
Would anyone be interested in doing this with me? I really want to get better at this, but I feel I have picked up so many bad habits from all the hundreds of hours of playing badly, that I'm really having a hard time. I've read most guides, I've watched some of Lain's Let's Plays and I have finished one and started two shadow games here on the forum. I'm keen to play and sometimes the shadow games can be very slow moving - for obvious reasons.

If anyone is interested in doing this, please let me know. It could be a one-off or, if we enjoy it, we could do it again.

EDIT: Oh, some important details: My time zone is CET (GMT+1) and I speak both English and German fluently, so either would work. Oh, and I am very flexible in how I can use my time, so... whatever works for you should be okay.

Never done a team game before, what kind of hard- and software is needed for that?

What is your Civ4-Level & what kind of mods do you generally use? (I do prefer IMM and the BATmod with Blue Marble....)

Time zone and language skills are equal, and I am rather flexible too.

Hey there! I didn't really mean a team game, I meant something like a shadow game, only in real-time. Like... either me playing, you watching and giving tipps or you playing and explaining what you're doing and why - all while screen sharing. I have the screensharing software, that should not be a problem and shouldn't require installation on your end.

We could definitely try that one day, but I do not play these days, end of January looks good. Maybe each of us will play an opening, up to 4-5 cities, while the other one comments from time to time (not every single move, won't we?). I am not sure yet what I will need besides the Civ 4 software and maybe a mod we both agree with....?
I like the "Lain"-style, not knowing anything about the map and the set-up, proving that one can adapt to any given situation (or on the other side proving that one CANNOT ;-)
so fractal is nice, normal speed, NHNE, mostly without Tech Brokering, once in a while I am also playing with Unrestricted leaders (for even more unpredictable development and sometimes unexpected synergy effects between leader and civ)

Last edited:
I agree. Just be away that I'm not a deity-level player here like all the other guys. I can beat the game on Emp, never won on IMM (but only tried that 3 times).

I usually play fractal small, all settings default, except NHNE. If playing with unrestricted leaders, I think it would be a good idea to also enable random personalities.

Hey Hesha, I am playing again these days. But my current project is to play several Deity-openings. With random leaders and random starts. Most of these games won't be finished, because I will make too many mistakes beforehand, but it is more of a learning process than to win 7 out of 10 Immortal games. I wanna face the premium level and I know that I will learn a lot. Immortal kind of bores me in half of my games, even if there can arise very tough situations as well.

I think that is an excellent idea, Tobiyogi. Don't forget to share your experience. :)

Top Bottom