1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Shadow Game Livestream / Screenshare

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Hesha, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Hesha

Hesha Prince

Would anyone be interested in doing this with me? I really want to get better at this, but I feel I have picked up so many bad habits from all the hundreds of hours of playing badly, that I'm really having a hard time. I've read most guides, I've watched some of Lain's Let's Plays and I have finished one and started two shadow games here on the forum. I'm keen to play and sometimes the shadow games can be very slow moving - for obvious reasons.

If anyone is interested in doing this, please let me know. It could be a one-off or, if we enjoy it, we could do it again.

EDIT: Oh, some important details: My time zone is CET (GMT+1) and I speak both English and German fluently, so either would work. Oh, and I am very flexible in how I can use my time, so... whatever works for you should be okay.

2. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

Never done a team game before, what kind of hard- and software is needed for that?

What is your Civ4-Level & what kind of mods do you generally use? (I do prefer IMM and the BATmod with Blue Marble....)

Time zone and language skills are equal, and I am rather flexible too.

3. Hesha

Hesha Prince

Hey there! I didn't really mean a team game, I meant something like a shadow game, only in real-time. Like... either me playing, you watching and giving tipps or you playing and explaining what you're doing and why - all while screen sharing. I have the screensharing software, that should not be a problem and shouldn't require installation on your end.

4. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

We could definitely try that one day, but I do not play these days, end of January looks good. Maybe each of us will play an opening, up to 4-5 cities, while the other one comments from time to time (not every single move, won't we?). I am not sure yet what I will need besides the Civ 4 software and maybe a mod we both agree with....?
    I like the "Lain"-style, not knowing anything about the map and the set-up, proving that one can adapt to any given situation (or on the other side proving that one CANNOT ;-)
    so fractal is nice, normal speed, NHNE, mostly without Tech Brokering, once in a while I am also playing with Unrestricted leaders (for even more unpredictable development and sometimes unexpected synergy effects between leader and civ)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  5. Hesha

Hesha Prince

I agree. Just be away that I'm not a deity-level player here like all the other guys. I can beat the game on Emp, never won on IMM (but only tried that 3 times).

I usually play fractal small, all settings default, except NHNE. If playing with unrestricted leaders, I think it would be a good idea to also enable random personalities.

6. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

Hey Hesha, I am playing again these days. But my current project is to play several Deity-openings. With random leaders and random starts. Most of these games won't be finished, because I will make too many mistakes beforehand, but it is more of a learning process than to win 7 out of 10 Immortal games. I wanna face the premium level and I know that I will learn a lot. Immortal kind of bores me in half of my games, even if there can arise very tough situations as well.

sampsa likes this.
  7. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

I think that is an excellent idea, Tobiyogi. Don't forget to share your experience. :)

Tobiyogi likes this.