sheepish, stupid question

Hellfire

Prince
How do you take a screenshot in Civ4 mac? :blush:

I just installed a new door in my house and it took way too long since I'm not that handy, so I just can't think any more and can't seem to search out the answer. Sorry :(

"Shift" + "Apple (Command)" + "3" will take a screenshot for you (saved to desktop).

"Shift" + "Apple (Command)" + "4" turns the mouse cursor to a target icon, which allows you to down-click, drag & release the mouse to take a screenshot of a specific area (hit escape to cancel).

[x-posted]

I just use the system facility that has existed on Macs since 1984:

Cmd-Shift-3 puts a full screen PDF image file on your desktop.

Cmd-Shift-4 allows you to select a rectangular area and puts an image file on your dessktop

Add Control to these combinations and the image goes to your clipboard instead of a file.

I don't like desktop clutter, so I normally use Control-Cmd-Shift-4 to put a selected area on my clipboard. I can then paste it into a mail or other document, or use Preview's New with clipboard menu command to make a file I can save somewhere as jpeg or png or whatever.

You can also use Grab, which I like because it pops them into their own windows immediately. Since my most common reason to screenshot is to build a composite image of my empire for dotmapping, that's very nice.

I thought there was a method within Civ. What's odd is that I tried the Mac function and I didn't get any sound during Civ4 so I thought it wasn't working but it turned out it was. And in my case I didn't get PDFs I got JPGs.

Man I was working too hard yesterday :(

I thought there was a method within Civ. What's odd is that I tried the Mac function and I didn't get any sound during Civ4 so I thought it wasn't working but it turned out it was. And in my case I didn't get PDFs I got JPGs.

I *think* when we're running fullscreen, we have to manually deal with the OS screenshot keys which is why it's silent and jpg - we're doing it ourselves. Don't quote me on that though; it's been years since I looked at that code in our library.

Top Bottom