Shocked, and suddently hating the patch

Actually, I think this is quote reasonable. You ended the war by taking control of lots of cities filled with people from your enemy's civilization. And you imposed your own puppet rulers over those people. Why don't you think those people would revolt? You really don't think that there is a chance that some of them might decide to start planting IEDs to attack your soldiers?

Exactly. Even worse, they're own leader abandoned them, and left them to their enemies bidding. I couldn't think of a worse reason to revolt. Okay ... I probably can.

Revolt and general unhappiness, in that case would probably work better on a per-city basis, then. 'Cause, you know, otherwise this means everybody is angry.

Hey, wait. :X

The solution to happyness.

Garrisons. Social Policy.
Connected Empire. Social Policy. New patch has cut this effect in half. Somebody should be shot for this.
Build Colloseums in every town.
Build Circuses everywhere you can.
Get as many luxuries as you can.
Find natural wonders.
Build the happyness wonders. Forbidden Palace is #1 here.
Build courthouses as fast as possible.

I rarely raze towns. I almost never puppet towns.

I frequently have happyness rates of over 50. Have hit 150 happy faces as a warmongering Ghandi.

Remember. Civ has almost always done everything possible to deter warfare. In some ways it is in tune with history. Winning a war is not always the best thing one can do. Being at war is a bad idea. They never have quite got this right.

If you are in the red at all. Wait until you are not in the red. Being at -10 or worse kills production. New patch has made winning wars even more painful then it was. As usual, Civ is doing everything possible to deter us from having fun acting like barbarians.

Top Bottom