Short fun game (immortal)

Considering Roos's land is the fastest way to reach DG, and we have to smack them both down anyway, I don't think that's a hard choice ;) One question is, can we afford to cap Roos and not go over the Dom limit? I guess we can, and if it takes us over just gift a bunch of stuff back.

We have 57 galleon slots atm and 54 cossacks, so we could put some more Frigates in the mix for bombarding coastal cities (or mix in some Cossacks in the coastal ones as well :p )

And damn, there's a ton of cottage-pillaging to be done :D Are the bonus points worth the chore?! :p

I think we've kept the spirit of the bonus points. Pillaging cottages on quick is a huge pain though, given the number of turns it takes... I'm fine if people don't want to micro to pillage all the remaining cottages around.

I don't think Roos has enough land to push us over domination - he only has about 16% land and we have about 20% to spare right now.

Nicely done, shyuhe!

Well... I guess this wasn't really in doubt. I think the remaining turn-players can just play through whenever they have time. We can just gift Hamburg back or something if we happen to approach the dom limit. I don't see why we'd need to pillage the cottages. Just farm over whatever we can and avoid working the rest.

Doesn't look like we can expect the SGOTM any time soon...

Mysty must be shirking his duties because it's just boat building and transit that's coming up :mischief:

Roster:
shyuhe just played
mysty skipped (let me know if you're around)
Silu - UP
Ras (on deck)
bbp

Well I'll say... Last turnset I played was just before we started warring, and last turnset in the Taxman SG I played was a 10-turn forced peace in the middle of a 60-turn war :lol: Suits me just fine, though, I'm more of a scientist/merchant in Civ terms than a general :D

Well, I kinda played it already :blush: And there's a hitch... I probably shouldn't have played this late but I thought might as well get this over with. And, well... report in a few.

--- 1620AD ---

I made a quick check, and we'd have 3 + 4*2 + 10*3 + 16*4 = 105 manturns of pillaging if we'd want to rid ourselves of the cottages... No thanks, I'll just avoid working them. Actually this would starve a couple of cities, I'll just terraform over them ASAP.

Replacing our Cossacks guarding former India with Axes and Warriors.

Put EP on Roosy, we can see his research in 4 turns. The old chum doesn't seem to be focusing much on espionage.

Put Mao on Biology from useless Economics, with him we can actually trade since he doesn't have everything we do. Techs are pretty irrelevant (except blimp-Physics), I know, but they boost our score!

I kinda totally kafuffled the GS, I didn't notice the comment about sending it in a Caravel as a scout until too late... I saw almost no way that guy would have helped us (no time for a new GA for example). So I settled it in Moscow to give extra EP to shave a turn or two of seeing Roos/DG's stuff. Well, had I sent it in a Caravel I would probably have neglected sending a Frigate along with it (seriously, who takes Privateers into account? :blush: last time I saw an AI Privateer was maybe 30 games ago...) and gotten it killed in vain.

Put the Kremlin up, 6 turns... Maybe a waste of hammers, but it increases our score!!11

I founded a military hospital in Moscow, bringing all the wounded ones there to one of our supermedics and every turn putting healthy ones to the ships.

The Great Famine of Yakutsk is over in 1640AD.

We have 1.6x Roosy's power. He might even peacevassal to us if he wasn't Furious with us due to WE hate and vassal hate :lol:

Roosy is also a tech away from AL... Still without Rifling though, so he can't really mess with us with a single tech.

--- 1650AD ---

I nearly crap my pants when I send the first batch of Galleons and a Privateer of all things comes and attacks them... Good thing I sent them Frigates with, almost didn't. :) There's another one approaching as well.. Seems Roosy is using his time constructively.

--- 1665AD ---

Finally lights on in America... The damn MF is a turn away from Assembly line. And he traded Rifling from someone!! Unbelievable. I could have bribed our every vassal to stop trading with him, but it would have delayed teching (not Physics though) - I guess I just sorta assumed he wasn't on trading terms with our posse since he was goddamn Furious with us... And I sure as hell wasn't expecting for him to be so close to AL :( So the damn bastard has Infantry, and it's partly my fault, sorry.

We can land in 2 turns with our first wave of 33 Cossacks (with supermedic) if we want, that gives him 2 turns to upgrade stuff before we can hit Philadelphia and Washington. Our second wave is 24 Cossacks (without supermedic) 2 turns behind that. Third and last initial wave is 15 Cossacks (with supermedic) a turn after that.

I played with autopilot on sorta, but should have seen that coming and made some bonehead Steel<->stop trading with Roosy trades, sorry. Anyway, here's our forward train a turn before I ended and a black-clad groupie.

--- 1670AD ---

People are having WAY too much fun with Privateers. WTF? I've never seen an AI produce more than 1-2. Now they're everywhere and almost threatening to sink our troop-carrying Galleons if a couple more pop out of the fog! Roosy has sent around 5, Mao is sending his third (really threw a curveball there), random straggling units here and there I'm not sure whose they are...

Physics is in, took Biology with it (Biz took it in a trade from somewhere, not the Rifling fiasco though). Due to mismicro Gandhi researched it for a turn and doesn't want to trade Democracy for it.

We should probably trade for all of Roosy's cash in exchange for MT before declaring. Maybe the idiot will make a few Cavalries and at the very least it will take away some of his upgrade cash (like AIs need that). I'm fairly confident (read: I dearly hope) we can beat him easily even though he has Infs... At least after we capture a city and get our own blimps across the ocean. A teeny-tiny comfort is that his upgraded Infs won't have full fortify bonus... Yeah, not that big of a comfort.

Frankfurt is in English revolt, I didn't bother with gifting that to Churchill yet. Probably should have, noting how he is researching Steam Power for us.

Going DG first is one option, but I think that will make things only harder for us wrt Roosy. Another option is to wait until we can land all 70 of our Cossacks at once. Dunno whether to DoW next turn (33) or 3 after that (70).

Cowboy Knight / Crime Punisher up (hey, those would be good wrestler names or something)

Attachments

• Short quickie AD-1670.CivBeyondSwordSave
    324.3 KB · Views: 67
:whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

Hmm.... :whipped:

Autopilot = :nono:

Ok, now that's out of my system :D

I'm not too concerned - we have enough in numbers to slog through infantry. They're not that much harder to dislodge than rifles considering the 25% bonus against mounted (17.5 vs. 20). So I would definitely declare as soon as we can and strike for a (relatively) unguarded city. Once we get some airships in place, he should still fall like dominoes.

The next player should gift Frankfurt to Churchill and research democracy enough so that we can pick it up from Gandhi. Then we can broker it for steam power :lol: 3.19 vassals really are broken in this regard. Not that we'll make it there, but I'd try to research towards flight and have our vassals go towards combustion.

Roster:
shyuhe
mysty (?)
Silu just played
Ras - UP
bbp (on deck)

edit: I'd ignore those privateers. AI frigates will hunt them down eventually since they're rather indiscriminate about who's privateers they go after.

Sorry for lack of input... had not seen Shyuhe's save... I've seen Mysty online today... he is prolly busy with civrev :rolleyes: :whipped:

Got it... Cossacks against infantries? Nice! :D (plan tmr)

Ras

Didn't even cross my mind Roosevelt could get to AL at this point. :lol:

Haven't looked at the save too, too closely, but I think we should be able to plow through with sheer numbers. Wish we had some scouting for his stacks already. It doesn't really matter, though. Luckily his top 3-4 cities are all closely spaced at our landing point, and on the way to DG. If we can grab those, he should fold pretty quickly. I'd attack immediately, with the 30+ cossacks we have ready, and pile in other troops as they come. Philly should fall right away, and then Washington gets hammered by 50+ units.

Kremlin? :confused:

We'll lose two happy resources when we declare on Roosevelt. Unfortunately, there's nothing we might want available from the vassals.

Looked at the save. I'd unload 1NW of Philly and scout Washington to see which is easier to take. And yeah, we should try to rob Washington of his upgrade cash if possible. MT is basically useless for him at this point (heck cavalry would be easier to kill).

edit: I'd ignore those privateers. AI frigates will hunt them down eventually since they're rather indiscriminate about who's privateers they go after.

Yeah, except they won't go after their own Privateers :lol: and because of this cockblock of a continent no one's there except Mao. Not very dangerous, those (unlike Roosy's ones that try to sink our Galleons) but damn annoying.

Shiny! Me like shiny! :mischief:

Skipping it would have given 1-2 more Cossacks in the third wave... I did the math :)scan:) and came to the conclusion that Kremlin helps boost our winning score more :lol:

Of course I did. Here're the formulas I used (Psi is the benefit given by each choice, 1 is building Cossacks, 2 is building Kremlin):

Did I mention I kinda played on autopilot? You can really notice, I even confused upper and lowercase lambdas...

^^ he meant t=0 -> 1500 prolly... marathon can feel as double infinity :lol: *disgusted lurkers closing thread*

Ahh, the confusion is understandable. In the first function nu (looks a bit like v) is a unit step function, values being 1 for game turns (0-330 for Quick) and 0 for any index outside this range. Tau is quite small as well.

In that case, you have to provide the distribution graph, if you don't want dumbies like me to be confused :D (ok that was my last spam post...next one should have a PPP included :sarcasm:)

Sorry for no notice, been kinda busy :groucho: and forgot to say something. So ras will play next, I can mob up afterwards... I doubt roosie is much of an issue.

Yeah, been playing some civrev hehe (on the iphone)... kinda strange, as I'm used to cIV - and I know which one I prefer... ;)

Top Bottom