Show me your colonies!

Schmiddie

Emperor
Do we really have no thread for screenshots?

Well, here is one...

It is around 1630. I play the English on gigantic map with historic starting places for Europeans and Natives. The Swedish have their main colony nearby and therefore I built a strong fort to secure my southern colonies. We will see what happens...

Virginia, New York and Maryland are growing fast. Pennsylvania and The Carolinas are behind. A war with the Cherokee thwarted the development in the south.

Development of a colony...

Regards

Schmiddie

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG
    742.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
    741.1 KB · Views: 671
  • Civ4ScreenShot0076.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0076.JPG
    768.4 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
You do not need to "generate" a historic correct map. Start a single player "scenario" and choose RaR "gigantic" map with historic correct starting places.

Fun Bernadotte baguette... ... and flattened all my town guards in one blow. What would you do in this situation?

Not use town guard ;) They are crap. All they are good for is to give your settlements a false feeling of safety.

Fun Bernadotte baguette... Wish I could have seen how this one would end ... but purple loin got mad and flattened all my town guards in one blow. My Colonist unarmed guards at least survived one turn. What would you do in this situation?

How is it possible that you had a swedish colony in the middle of unknown territory (everything around was black/unexplored... Normally at the very least the coast is explored and for inland cities the way the settler came...

How is it possible that you had a swedish colony in the middle of unknown territory (everything around was black/unexplored... Normally at the very least the coast is explored and for inland cities the way the settler came...
I love the fresh new game new world feeling of an unexplored map so I turned the Fog of War levels down to almost black. The great thing is that my memory has gotten so bad that I can explore the same spot over and over and get nearly as excited about my discoveries every time.

Jul, 1631

By the Grace of the King our colonies thrived.

Meanwhile our friends the Danish, the Portuguese and the Spanish have decided to abandon America.

1631-TheNorth.png
1631-UpperMainland.png
1631-TheNorth.png
1631-UpperMainland.png
1631-LowerMainland.png
1631-SouthernColonies.png
1631-AngloRussian_War.png

The Swedish have their main colony nearby and therefore I built a strong fort to secure my southern colonies. We will see what happens...

Have you ever been invaded by a European player? How will the fort help preserve your southern colonies?

Top Bottom