SID on pangaea

DM looks pretty good.

We need more workers for roads so settlers could travel faster; also few more enkidu's for MP.
How about 3 or 4 workers from Sumer and then granary for a worker factory?

While Ur and Sumer emphasizes on settlers and workers other towns should build few enkidu's for MP and then barracks for some veteran units in case Germany attacks.

Pre-Turn
reassign tiles at capital and alpha is down to 18 turns
swap Sumer to a worker

1. 2510BC
found Lagash, start EW

2.2470BC
Ur grows to 6 ,adjust so we get settler in 2 with growth

3. 2430BC
zzz

4. 2390BC
we get a settler and worker

5. 2350BC
we get another EW but needs some time to ge to the front

6. 2310BC
Inca and Egypt have alpha now
it drops to 6 turns for us

7. 2270BC
found Kish

8. 2230BC
Ur grows and takes forest to finish settler on time
Sumer produces another worker
Mongols finished Colossus

9. 2190BC
Lagash finishes another EW, start a rax that should be chopped

10. 2150BC
settler is in position to settle last red/green city
we meet Persia, up all techs including alphabet (only Germany lacks it)
due to his alpha is done next turn at 20% science

we need to explore our immediate surrounding

are we attempting to get SoZ? If yes, we need to go for maths next

Nerovats up.
I think:
1) At preturn we may trade Alpha for 10 from Persia, say.
and trade Alpha to Germany for Masonary+Cash, or Cash only.
2) Research Writing on Max.
3) We may have more 2 warriors, Barracks and worker may wait for next round.
But I am not sure about that.
4)MCM Sumer, for 4 SPT
5)MP UR with 2.
6)Workers may build Road network first, mine later.
7) We have chances to settle on Red dots, I think (Road!)
8) Settle on spot, but next settler may go futher West.

1) looks ok, will cost 4 gold but bigger chance of trade
2) sounds ok, Germans have ivory so very small chance of SoZ, maybe GLib?
3) at least 1 maybe 2, would like curagh as well
4) ofcourse
5) won't help yet, but with another warrior is ok
6) for now yes, do think we should make Sumer SF after couple of workers
7) maybe.
8) why not send this settler to dyes, next settler on this spot. Settle SE of dyes and not on hill will claim them. No defensive bonus, but we still are behind the river.

Can play saterday

We are to weak now, and don't have writing but could start war with Cleo later, sign pact with Germany to weaken them both. Don't expact a lot of Egyptians getting through to us.

Again GLib would be great but need warrior/curagh to explore our surroundings

2) May be, but TGL also difficult. Let's see how fast all get Writing.
3) Curragh on pangea: Interesting idea, but why not?
8) I am affraid it will be too seductive to Germany. Let's see where they will settle.

Even on pangea lot of AI will be on coast especially on SID they will expand towards it. And they move faster.
It's just 1 extra tile to grab the dyes, or did you intend to use hill city as trap. On hill with wall is 100% defensive bonus?

Even on pangea lot of AI will be on coast especially on SID they will expand towards it. And they move faster.
It's just 1 extra tile to grab the dyes, or did you intend to use hill city as trap. On hill with wall is 100% defensive bonus?
Yes, you right about Curragh. Abot Dyes don't know it is so far away...

I like the idea of GLib very much. For ~50 turns we accumulate cash and when time comes we upgrade horses to knights and go to kill some AI's :spear:.
Kish is pretty good for a prebuild: 4bgs, forest and a growth without aqueduct;also just ~30 % corruption.
I believe we need just 12 towns to get 300 shields prebuild on a large map.
Also literature is not that popular between AI's.

Will we try Phylosophy -> Literature or Lit straight? All this "prebuild buisiness" needs accurate calculations. But looks that we can start "now" (If manage to trade Masonary from German).

Sorry if I sound pedantic or make too obvious of statements in the following.

Even though I haven't played Sid yet, from my experience with Deity max-agressive pangea maps, I'd suggest trading for Masonry and starting your pre-build on the GL now. Kish unfortunately will experience a fair bit of corruption. Sumer might work for the GL, but you'll do without too many workers for a while.... just enough of a crew to develop the land around Sumer. I often play this way on Deity. But, I actually think it better to at least try to have Kish build The Great Library. Send (almost) all of your workers for a while to either Kish and develop it as soon as you can. Once you've got those tiles worked seriously consider adding in workers into Kish. If Kish hits size 7 with natural growth by that time, you'll actually use less food this way. I wouldn't gamble going for Philosophy... especially since even if you get it that will pick up the tech pace, while researching just Literature helps to slow down the tech pace. Keep an eye on the Palace pre-build. You might have to decrease shield output in Kish... but hey... it's got a coast and if you have workers around Kish you can always add them if you lose population.

I know I once built it in something like 1125 or so in my Iroquois Deity game. Here it looks like it'll come later, of course. With any bit of luck you'll need only 6-10 turns to finish The Great Library via your palace pre-build and from adding in workers at the right time. From my experience of Deity pangea max-agreesive behavior (huge maps), you want as little time between learning Literature and finishing The Great Library... that way Caesar or Bismarck does demand Literature. I think when it reads "1" for The Great Library, you can safely sell Literature at full price then, as the AI can't build it before you then even if a ToA cascade hits, right? I usually sell it then myself. Selling it could have nice economics benefits... then again, the AIs can then build libraries which picks up the tech pace again.

In short, I suggest a pre-build now and go Writing-Literature.

if you settle on the one full plains square near the ivory, you can allow ships to move on/to either side of the peninsula. Depending on the rest of the land form that can save many, many ship turns. it is worth the reduction in land tiles for the convenience.

Lurkers Comment: That could also be a inner sea though.

I'd say go writing->literature. By doing this we will delay literature and AI's won't get it too fast.
Sumer should build few workers for improving tiles around Kish, joining them this town.

Of course trade with Germany alphabet for masonry so we could start a prebuild.

300 shield palace prebuild is our friend, but I believe we need 12 towns for that

Pre-turn
mm Sumer,
Get alpha from Persia for 10 gold, sell it to Germans for Masonry and 50 gold (nice)
Writing due in 38
Lagesh to curagh
2110BC
Kish->palace
Settle Umma->EW
Sumer worker->EW (with growth can get EW + worker every 4 turns)
Up sliders writing in 32
2070BC
Ur settler->settler
Send settler toward dyes
IBT
Babylon Finishes Pyramids
America finishes Oracle
2030Bc
Just MM
1990BC
Most AI have writing now
Sumer EW->worker
1950BC
Germans settled near the dyes, we can still go for hill on DM
1910BC
Lagesh curagh->worker
Ur setter->settler
send settler north of Sumer
1870BC
Sumer worker->EW
IBT
Inca boot us
1830BC
Change Umma to worker
1790BC
Umma worker->worker
Settle Bad-tibira->EW
Settle Agade->EW
Spot brown border
Egypt has monopoly on Math, can't buy
1750BC
Lagesh worker-worker
Sumer EW->worker
Contact Russia, they got same techs: The Wheel, WC, CB, IW and Writing
Writing due in 10 now.
Can buy writing, but Prebuild is long way. As all AI are building lots of wonders I expect we should get Glib, because of cascades.
Haven't moved settler yet, nor worker in Lagesh
Do mm between Sumer and Ur.
Where to expand? Go west then fill in gaps and claim ivory seems best idea, as luxslider won't do much damage.
I prioritize improving Kish a bit. May found next city so Kish can use the 2 BG's to west? Or go even further then fill in gaps, to maximize territory.
View attachment Sid_pandea_1750BC.Sav

Road network goes only west. What worker in the forest going to do? To cut forest? But settler arrive too late. I think the best plase to settle at hill nearby. We need more worker to make road to Ivory and to Nord-west. continue Writing at Max, may be sometime we manage to buy it for resonable price. I think 1 EW from Lagassh may go West.

Since it is still only 4 of us, ignas is up again

Worker in west is supposed to road, mountains take longer and this ay we can settle near the road. We also need more workers to road ivory, but we don't have them yet.
If we want shot at GLib, we must improve those tiles and then join the workers.

Finally played

1750 BC: settler to west;
worker from Lagash goes to help improve tiles near Kish;

IBT: nothin

1725BC: Kish had grown this turn and now works a forest as bg is not improved yet;
exploring

IBT: Sumer worker->enkidu

1700 BC: workers working

IBT: nothing

1675BC: not much to tell

IBT: Ur settler->settler;
Sumer enkidu->enkidu;
Bad-tibira enkidu->barracks;
Inca's building the Lighthouse

1650BC: Erech settled W,W,SW from Kish so 2 more bg's go into Kish' radius;
settler from Ur goes south to settle near sugar at distance of 7 from capital so it won't increase corruption in Kish (later we could fill in the gaps)

IBT: Lagash worker->barracks;
Germans building SoZ

1625BC:

IBT: Sumer enkidu->worker;
Persians building Lighthouse

1600BC:

IBT:

1575BC: go to Egypt and buy writing for 36 gold (we were 2 turns from researching it);
start lit at max, due in 24;
all known civs up Map Making;
join one worker to Kish to work a forest (Kish needs 4 food to grow and it's producing 3, so 2+2 with working a forest and for 2 extra shields)

IBT: Catherine boots our troops;
Ur settler->settler;
Sumer worker->enkidu

1550BC: found Isin 4N,NW from capital;
settler from Ur to west;
agressive exploring pays off and we meet Babylon deep into Inca's territory;
Babs up same techs except for MM and Math;

IBT: Inca boots us from their territory;
oops, German archer moves toward Agade;
Umma worker->worker;
Agade worker->worker;
Egypt completes ToA, Germans complete SoZ, some civs building big Lighthouse

1525BC: Kish grown this turn, join one more worker to Kish, Kish size 6 now and producing 9 uncorrupted shields;
up lux slider because of Kish;

IBT: Sumer enkidu->worker

1500BC: 2 workers joined to Kish; Kish is size 8, producing 15 shields (11 uncorrupted), has 86 shields in the box;
we need 50 % lux tax because of Kish

settler unmoved so we need to decide where to settle another town;
Kish might work one more forest;50 % lux tax is needed to keep it productive so I'd say to join one more worker to work as a clown (a bit of startvation but lower lux tax)

Attachments

• prebuild.JPG
    prebuild.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Gilgamesh of the Sumerians, 1500 BC.SAV
    222.9 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom