SID on pangaea

Finally played, accidentally lost turnlog.

Kish built FP, then library. Other high commerce towns like Ur and Sumer built libs->barracks>horses.

Settled 1 more town in the north, I think there's also space for one more town at 3N,NE from Ur.

Trade route started being available in 900BC. Our ivory or horses are worth around 180 gold. Made these deals: ivory+2gpt for gems with Russians; ivory for 11gpt with Persians (if trade route is gone we won't lose our rep i guess).

Stopped after playing 9 turns. Have been researching Republic at 90% and borrowed money all the time (mostly from Germans). Republic is in 7 turns, -70gpt, 70 gold in the bank, producing 101 bpt.

The concern is that AI is running away with techs: Germans are already building Sistine's Chapel and at least 3 other civs Knight's Templar.

We need Republic ASAP. Are we allowed to sign many peasants to taxmen and buy Republic? Then revolt and switch citizens back to "normal".

What do you think about this? For example there are some wines available to buy from Inca: we buy wines and Republic for x gpt, then disconnect trade route (pillaging some tiles) getting our gpt back; then connect trade route again, buy wines and other tech for x gpt from Inca, then again disconnect trade route getting our gpt back. By doing this we could get many techs for free.

Attachments

• Gilgamesh of the Sumerians, 775 BC.SAV
    377.8 KB · Views: 104
What do you think about this? For example there are some wines available to buy from Inca: we buy wines and Republic for x gpt, then disconnect trade route (pillaging some tiles) getting our gpt back; then connect trade route again, buy wines and other tech for x gpt from Inca, then again disconnect trade route getting our gpt back. By doing this we could get many techs for free.
Unfortunately it is 1 time buisiness. After that rep will be lost. But may be Republic worse it.

No, Inca will lose rep; we are buying lux, not selling. We can use it as many times as we want, but some players call it an exploit. Lord Emsworth found this one out, it is allowed in HOF i think.

I think the tactics we are now talking about are highly dubious. Do we really won to win that way?
I would try and start a war with Germany as a buffer, so that the AI burns their units. I guess it will come down to a ROP TGL rape or something of that sort

No, Inca will lose rep; we are buying lux, not selling. We can use it as many times as we want, but some players call it an exploit. Lord Emsworth found this one out, it is allowed in HOF i think.
May be, but at Vanila it causes reputation lost. Also it is very tricky to disconnect trade route with Inca but have route with others (Russia ets.) Anyway I continue "normally". Babs have Republic and at 690 BC it drops to 2 turns. Inca declare to Germany, but we are not ready to war yet. May be emassy in Berlin and MA vs Inca? Or may be better idea how to use it?

I'm back.
Don't like the idea of breaking traderoutes all the time, also think of it as an exploit.
Could sign MA but Inca have direct access to us, don't we have the units yet. Could sign MA if other units have to pass through Germany.

I have finished, but forgot to copy file.
We are at republic, at war with Inca (captured 1 City)
without MA. Germany and Egypt made MA vs Inca,
Inca and America vs Egypt. RoP with Germany.
No GA yet.
Will submit later today. What roster we use?
May be as before?
Ignas
I.Larkin (just played)
TheRat up
Nerovats.

Borrow money from Germany for 12 gpt. Hit Enter.
1 750*BC ""*" "
IBT zzz
2 730*BC ""*""
IBT zzz
3 710*BC ""*"Borrow money from Germany for 12 gpt"
IBT Inca declare Germany and attack Brandenburg. All dei, German Spear promote.
4 690*BC ""*""
IBT Egypt make MA with Germany vs Inca. Galleys figt. 3:1 for Inca.
5 670*BC ""*" Borrow money from Germany + Republic for 19 gpt. Embassy in Berlin. Revolt. 5 turns Anarchy.
IBT Inca make MA with Americans vs Egypt.
6 650*BC ""*" Germans will not pay for MA vs Inca.
IBT Many galleys sails around.
7 630*BC ""*" Pull troops to inca.
IBT Russia starts Copernicus.
8 610*BC ""*"Move troops to Inca. Make them furious, but they don’t declare.
IBT Inca asked remove or declare, we declare.
9 590*BC ""*" Capture City. RoP with Germany.
IBT We are at Republic.
10 570*BC ""*"" Move forward. Scout Germany.
IBT zzz
11 550*BC ""* Move forward. Scout Germany.

Not sure, that we want penetrate deep. May be better to concentrate horses near Leipzig and strike suddenly after RoP just expired to keep reputation.
Don’t know if we want continue to borrow money to maximize research if we capture TGL anyway.

Attachments

• Sid_pangea_550 BC.SAV
    416.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Berlin1.JPG
    Berlin1.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 239
I think nerovats is up actually..I still have the other game to play.

Is our reputation intact if we move into someone's land and declare?

I think nerovats is up actually..I still have the other game to play.

Is our reputation intact if we move into someone's land and declare?
Ok, let do it this way.

Ignas
I.Larkin (just played)
Nerovats up
TheRat on deck.

GPT Reputation is OK, not sure about RoP rep...

So, do we agree with idea bring as much as possible Horses to Leipzig and strike at 170 BC?

Capturing Leipzig seems good idea. Will continu to scout Germany, see were their resources are, so we might be able to pillage them.
Will play tomorrow instead of now. Turns will be slow during war and I'm tired.

Strike Leipzig if you think we will be able to fend off German attacks and won't be overrun.

MM a bit, optimize shields, get 15 in Ur
1 city was on govener ??
Just get's me the last few gold I need, science to 0 as I can't even borrow gold.
Change Der and Isin from harbor to rax
Send current horses towards Inca, will try to build army to invade Germany
IBT
Cuzco finishes Sistine
530BC
Kish Rax->horse
lose 2 horse during attack
IBT
lose 1 EW and 1 EW wins->we have golden age.
Russians complete Copernicus
510BC
Start science again, since we got gold now.
MM cities, serveral 2 turns horses now.
490BC
Change Ur to settler, get 1 ,or city to south, we are waisting serveral good tiles.
IBT
Russians and Persians start Leonardo
Egypt boots us
470BC
Not much
IBT
lux deals end, can't get gpt from persia,
renew deal with russian get gems and 3gpt for ivory
450BC
Apparently something went wrong, deal with Russian was not made. Don't understand. Kish riot, cycle trough other
cities to adjust happiness.
Settle Kuara->rax
Kill Inca MI get elite.
Inca will talk but they want Riobama, Think we should and save our units to aim for Leipzig.

We still have 2 ivories to sell, only Persia will buy for currency and gold. The others won't give currency or don't have gold.

Stop here now.

Do we make peace with Inca or not. There now sending 4 knights and 2 MI our way. I think we need all the units we can get to take Leipzig. Maybe we could just get gold rom Persia and pay Inca with that.

View attachment Sid_pangea_450 BC.SAV

Apparently something went wrong, deal with Russian was not made. Don't understand. Kish riot, cycle trough other
cities to adjust happiness.
Most probably Persia declare to Russia and broke trade route. Our Reputation gone. gone.

Inca will talk but they want Riobama, Think we should and save our units to aim for Leipzig.
may be MA vs Germany may help? Or may be just pay gpt?

We still have 2 ivories to sell, only Persia will buy for currency and gold. The others won't give currency or don't have gold.
So, why not to get currency?
Will you continue?

I opened save and really it was strange. Germany in peace with Russian and our Reputation is OK. Probably we will not hold Inca, but better retreat horses and just to try hold with EWs. Germany will kill some Inca and soon, I belive, peace will cheaper.
Problem is RoP. If we make Peace with Inca Germany will want to cancel our RoP.
Therefore, to keep reputation clean we have to put "renegatiate deal" OFF, at the turn when it expire cancel it ourselvs and strike. Sure, we have prepare to defence,
pillage resurses, roads...

Didn't understand it either, really weird.
Don't have energy to continue today and won't have time tomorrow. Can play monday but if someone else wants to pick it up it's ok.

Get currency and 219 gold from Persia for ivory
We get mono as free tech, raise science to for Fued.
IBT
Lose 3 EW to Inca, all enemy's redlined but no chance to get even.
430BC
get some more horses
Will try and lure Inca into German territory
Peace is now 100 gold, since they can't attack, will wait.
IBT
Russians start Magallagan
410BC
Retreat for Inca
390BC
Kua duct->rax
Kill Inca Horse, peace now 60 gold, we wait.
IBT
Germany and Inca make peace, now they'll come for us.
370BC
drop science for 1 turn to get more gold and make peace next turn
350BC
Marad lib-rax
Changed Ur and Umma to cat's (1 a turn). Should have done that earlier now we can get just a few in time into Germany. We have stack of 21 horses now and more comming, should have 40 in time near Leipzig.

Have NOT made peace yet but we should price went up to 80 again.

View attachment Sid_pangea_350 BC.SAV

TheRat up. Have not seen sav yet, but probably Peace with Inca is a good idea.

Top Bottom