I know the game has started, but I'd like to join. Team Cavaleiros if possible since I recognize more names there than anywhere else but I'll take any team. Thanks to Oyzar for the invite. Hope I'm not screwing anything up by doing this :)

Thank you :) I'll probably watch more this game than actually have input, at least for a while until I learn the situation. But next time, I'm going all in, from the start!

Hi, although I'm going out of town for a week, a certain oyzar has pulled me into this and I'd like to sign up for Team Cavalieros - similar reasons as CCRunner (we both migrated from Forum Games).

Hi. I would like to join this.

No team preference so feel free to assign to whoever needs/wants another player.

As for a bit about me, well I've been into civ since I got it on SNES back in the day... I was a totally cool 9 year old and learned about babylonians and phalanxs while everyone else was rotting their brains playing mortal kombat and street fighter. I've been a fan of the series ever since, playing lots of civ 2, test of time, alpha centauri, civ 3, civ 4, etc.

I have been though more or less strictly a single player guy, with the rare exception of a few multiplayer games played with some rl friends. I also admit that while I've been aware of and occasionally visiting websites such as this one, apolyton, etc., I never really got involved and never even read much about strategies or optimization or whatever as for some reason I really dislike reading about people saying what they would/should/did do and greatly prefer to watch someone do it to learn. For example, I frequently play warcraft 3 but I never read about strategies or crap, though I constantly will watch replays to learn new things. So I did enjoy reading some of the more detailed posts with screenshots and crap to learn things, but even so its still hard to see all the little things and small decisions players make throughout the game.

I guess that's a big part of why I finally registered/posted here; this seems like a good opportunity to see different people's ways of reacting to specific in-game situations and what sort of dialogue they might have in their head when they are making game decisions. Beyond that, the whole multiplayer aspect of it is quite appealing to me as the biggest turn-off to civ multiplayer was always how the games generally wouldn't be as long or epic as they tend to be in single player due to the difficulty of getting the same group of people to commit for such a long period of time.

As for what you can expect from me, I'm as I said primarily a single player, play my games usually on monarch, though as mentioned I have little to no experience in multiplayer or demogames. So from a game-decision perspective, I'd see myself taking a step to the background at first and trying to learn how demogames work, how the team is run, and differences between SP and MP. That being said I consider myself a fast learner and my schedule will generally allow me to at least put some time into the game/forums every day. Other than that, I'm fairly good at data management/statistics and could see myself organizing information/intel into easy readable/accessible charts, graphs, documents, whatever.

So yeah, unnecessarily long post but looking forward to joining the community here. :crazyeye:

Terrific first post, comet. :goodjob: I think you'll enjoy the game, and perhaps even the post-game period, when all team forums become public. The PitBoss setup is really conducive to the multiplayer aspects you mention, with a nice pace of play.

I've placed you on the Mad Scientists, so if you follow the directions in the first post and join their team group, I can give you access to their private forum. Have fun!

What team needs active members?

Saturn could always use more active users, we only have about 5 - 6 who actually post about the demogame. Depends if you want to play the underdog. ;)

Hmm...underdog sounds fun.

Aye! I should of joined the group. I think I did, anyways...

Yes, thank you!

Is it too late to join? I've requested to join Madscientists if tey'll have an emperor level player who is a democracy game noooob.

never too late to join..

Top Bottom