1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Welcome Center

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by peter grimes, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

Ich spreche auch ein bisschien Deuts. Lesen ist besser dan schreiben.

2. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I'm really glad to see what an international team we have! :D

Canada,
    USA,
    Holland,
    Germany,
    Spain...

Did I miss any?

3. cujo376

cujo376 Chieftain

My Name is Alex and i'm from Ontario,Canada.I enjoy Golfing,Hockey and Baseball and have played cIV warlords for about 2 months.I normally play Noble and like playing on archipelago maps becuase i enjoy "ruling the seas with an iron fist".

4. ruggi

ruggi Chieftain

Substitute "37" with "35", and "TinkerBell" with "Ruggi" and that basically sums it up as a start. (I am the friend Tinkerbell is mentioning).

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

Welcome Ruggi! :king:

6. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Prince

Hey Everyone, I am Neil and I live about one hour away from Ottawa. I have been playing Civ since III and also have Alpha Centauri. I am a grade 11 student currently taking: Chemistry, Physics, Math, English, Computer Science, Communications Technology, Art, and Philosophy. I like the play Civ peacefully and build up my own empire and only go to war when i can crush the opponent quickly. I play Civ IV on prince difficulty and rarely play multiplayer.

Also irrelevant, I play rugby, practice archery, and do 3D modeling in my free time.

7. topas

topas Prince

Hi everyone,
    I'm topas and I'm from Germany. Some kind hind in the german civforum.de by (probably) hummel made me aware of this game. While I do have some first experiences in democracy games from the ISDG and another DG at the civforum, this is the first DG I participate right from the start.

8. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Welcome :)

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I think there are more German speakers here than any other language :D

10. JoeyDawt

JoeyDawt Chieftain

Hey Lord Neil I live in ottawa as well interesting team we have indeed, Ich mochten sprech duetsch besser denn mine ist schlect

11. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Prince

I actually live in the small town of Pembroke and please just call me Neil and as for German I have no idea but I am going to guess that says: "I can speak German better then my first language"

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

My guess:

I could speak German better then mine is poor. :crazyeye:

13. JoeyDawt

JoeyDawt Chieftain

I was going for "because mine is bad" and really that was just a general comment i just didn`t really say it well

14. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

Hi partners.
    I'm a 65 years old,retired man and live in Lisbon, so at TMG.
    I play civ games since their begin, 1991 I think. Usually I play single games at
    Immortal level (sometimes I win,sometimes I lose). It's easier to me the builder
    part of the game then the war or diplomacy or information gathering.
    I know little of English and nothing of computers.
    I played several Pitboss simultaneous, but no Pitboss sequencial, I guess not
    much different, but truly do not know.
    I can be turn player, if needed, while I am more interested in learning, so see
    the game, post and read about. But please remember my poor English shall make
    poor reports and I cannot do that spoilers and special maps tricks, due to my
    computer' lack of skills.
    Best regards,

15. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Hi Fed! :wavey:

Glad to have you on the team. Immortal players are always an asset, no matter what skills their computer may lack ;)

From your post above, I'd say your English perfectly fine for posting turn reports.

It's good to know that we have several possible turnplayers here... If only we could get a couple from Australia, Japan, New Zealand - somewhere 12 hours opposite! Then we'd be covered to handle play at just about any time of day.

16. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

Hi Fed,

Welcome! Happy to have you on our team.

17. crashcrush

crashcrush Chieftain

Hi Everyone,

My name is John. I've been playing Civ since Civ II (usually on the middling levels). I've never played multiplayer/democracy so this'll be new.

Personal info, I'm 37 with two daughters and I live in Massachusetts. I work in high tech too.

18. ruggi

ruggi Chieftain

Hi Crash,

Welcome to the club!

Ruggi

19. tomasjj

tomasjj Emperor

Hi fellas!
    I am Tomas, from Norway, social anthropologist by profession.
    Basically I joined this game to learn more about Civ4, as I have not yet fallen in love with it after years of Civ3 gaming.
    I have participated in one DemoGame before, on the same team as Peter - The Council. That game is still ongoing.
    I thought that was a great experience, and also very educational, so I was hoping for the same from this game. I will try and offer any input, if I can, but please bear with me as the questions and suggestions might be on the more ignorant side. :)

20. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

:wavey:

Glad to have you here, Councillor ;)

If you have BtS, patched up to 3.17, then feel free to take over one of the AI civs in our Warmup Game. It's an open game, so even if you're playing you can read the other player's spoilers. It could be a good way to learn a little more about BtS.