Site Pop up

Yohan_The_Brave

Chieftain
Ok I'm still getting a pop up on the main page of this site even when I have my browser setting maxed to stop everything. Both Firefox and IE fail to block them. Does anyone else have this problem and or know how to fix it? I understand that web pages use pop up ads to pay for bandwidth, but if people are taking the time to block them do you really think they're going to click the ad if it gets through? I've been trying for two days to find a patch or something that will stop it. I don't want to use a third party blocker if I don't have to. (Looks like I might though)

I am actually getting a popup for mobile ringtones everytime I go to civfanantics.

I haven't ever had any but I think I have a pop up blocker thing it works well I never get any.

No pop ups here, no matter the browser.

MeteorPunch said:
I'm getting it a lot...with Mozilla. :eek:
You didn't configure it properly. Go to Tools->Options->Web Features and select the "Block Popup Windows" checkbox. If there are sites you want to allow pop-ups, simply add them to the "Allowed" list.

Well, if you could give the link to the site that causes pop-ups...

Well, no popups here from that link...

Maybe you have adware.

All the ones I get are from yieldmanager. I'm doing this from my work computer and my company has a good system for checking spyware/adware stuff. I tend to get it only in the afternoon, but sometimes it shows up earlier in the day.

Top Bottom