Sleep reaper

citizensoldier7

Chieftain
Im sure Im not the only one to experience this phenomena but I'll ask the forum anyway.

Everytime I belly-up to my PC for a "quick" session of Civ III, video crack Ilike to call it, I will go about my civic responsiblities feeding my people and keeping the pesky Frech away from my iron. When I think I have accomplished enough for the day I log off only to find that 4-5 hours have passed, Ive missed dinner and REALLY pissed off my wife. How could this be? I was only playing for an hour tops!

Explain this to me Sid!

it's the crack... it affects your sense of time and reality. I, too, have the same problem - Say I'll stop at 11, cause I should get up and go job hunting the next day, end up playing til 5 AM... It's the Addiction, the JOMT Syndrome.

I can also easily go a day without eating if I have Civ to occupy my time, and no one else asking, "Aren't you hungry?"

Now that you mention it... could you get me some lunch while I kill off these damned Mongols?

Oh Ya, Civ 3 is addicting. I am only surviving without it because I am in Grade 12, and I cannot afford to screw things up Mark Wise by playing lots of Epic Civ 3 games. As my Sig shows though, I have lots of PBEM's to tide me over . . .

This disease is called OMT (one more turn syndrom).

there is a self-help group also in YOUR city ;)

Its my belief that Sid has somehow discovered how to warp time and space, and has intergrated that ability into his Civilization games.

Ya, just one more turn, then I'll go to bed...

Originally posted by Ville
Raze that city:lol:

Originally posted by Sunblade
The rioters in my city threw the self help group out and destroyed their building .

You can only be helped if you really want to :)

Support your local Civ Watchers Group!

Hey, that OMT (one more turn syndrom) is not all bad. I think I've lost like, 20 lbs from playing CIV. I'm like the Jerred of CIV or something.

Hey, that OMT (one more turn syndrom) is not all bad. I think I've lost like, 20 lbs from playing CIV. I'm like the Jerred of CIV or something.

Every since I've started playing civ I've lost weight and my grades are dropping. DAMN YOU SID!:mad:

:lol: well I've been playing since CIV2 came out on the Playstation, so its been many years and I'm not exactly sure how its affected me besides that DAMN!!! one more turn syndrom, lack of sleep, and so many lost hours

I always think to myself DAMN!!! I can't believe its morning already or I can't believe I've spent that many hours playing this accursed game :lol:

Once you've became addicted to this site you'll spend less time on Civ.
....Maybe not.

Would any of us be on this forum if we were NOT addicted to this game???

Top Bottom