1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoother Difficulty 1.4

Better difficulty curve for Civ VI

1. steelwarrior77

steelwarrior77 Chieftain

It would be great to have a version also with culture and science that starts of with a small science and culture bonus - but each era increases it significantly...so it always stays exciting but I can also win wonder races in the Ancient times...
    Like starting with 20% bonus but then adding 12% per Era....
    If the same would be possible with production and gold bonusses it wpould make for a completly different game - one that allows to compete in early game with the AI and that makes the AI still compete with you ib mid and late game...
    Something that the flat bonusses were never able to do in CIV Vanilla...
    Checking ot the production bonusses - I guess the King difficulty would be great for a science and culture bonus like above...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Atlas627 likes this.
  2. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

The gold production bonuses are the same as the vanilla valued just shifted one down. Immortal vanilla is 60% and 80% in this mod. It's a 20% linear scale.

You can select the gold/production bonus of the AI by difficulty level and then edit the values of that set initial science/culture/faith bonus for that difficulty level as you wish. Again it's a linear scale, it is currently set at 12 and multiplied by the difficulty level. Prince is level 1 up to omniscient level 7. So if you wanted to play against 60% gold/production and a 30% initial science/culture you would choose emperor and change the 12 to a 10. Per era science scaling is another linear progression. Adds 1% gain to each difficulty level starting at Prince. Emperor gets 3% bonus per era but you can change it to 6% by changing the linear scale to 2. A scale of 3 would be 9% per era. Combat bonuses are similarly adjusted.

Disclaimer: I think that is how it works but I'm not completely sure.

clack likes this.
  3. steelwarrior77

steelwarrior77 Chieftain

Thanks for the help - but I am somewhat not so able as modder would be great if someone could mod it for me ;-D Gold/production bonus around 20% - starting tech/Culture bonus around 20% - scaling like 12% per Era ....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. clack

clack Chieftain

Which file should I adjust to change the production bonus?
    Many thanks!

5. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

The production bonus is taken directly from the base game settings, it's not in the mod files. I believe you can change the value in the base code but I wouldn't recommend it. The mod does shift the bonus up 20% from Vanilla at a given difficulty level. The work around I was trying to explain is to pick your difficulty level based upon what production bonus you want the AI to have (example: 40% is king level). Then pick what science culture bonus you want for the AI, for this example I'll use 40%. Open the era scaling file and change the the flat rate bonus from 12 to 20 (8 is vanilla). This is the flat rate that is multiplied by the difficulty level. King is difficulty level 2. So you get 20*2= 40% science bonus. If you kept these edits and played Emperor the science bonus would be 60%.
    This next part I'm unsure of and I haven't had time to confirm.
    King will add 2% more science bonus per era. If you want to increase this to say 6% per era than you would change the 1 value in the per era modifier to a 3. King would be getting 6%, emperor 9%, Immortal 12% , etc...
    Science and Culture are separated. You can have different values for each.
    In the code it is listed as a value and is set to 1. The number before that is an amount and is set to zero. I'm going to try changing the amount value to see if that allows for a specified bonus increase for the given era.
    I'm going to try to see if it is possible to use the science and culture scaling code to work for production gold bonuses as well. I'm not that hopeful it will work but it's worth a shot.

6. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

is this compatible with the new persia and macedonia update?

7. clack

clack Chieftain

Hello. For those players who are tired of the endless spam of an army with large combat power on high difficulties, there is a solution that I use. I wanted to receive from the modification only a bonus to production, science and culture, but not military power.
    Just add a line in the code (Combat and Stacking Overhaul):
    Spoiler Mod :
    Combat bonus is less required if AI can put twice more units in an area
    DELETE FROM Modifiers WHERE ModifierId = 'HIGH_DIFFICULTY_COMBAT_SCALING';

The code removes the combat power from AI and with standard difficulties.

8. Zuntrix

Zuntrix Chieftain

Can anyone explain a little better how to remove the combat difficulty bonus? I can't figure it out now that the mod has been updated :)

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

I've readded the production scaling to version 1.4, I haven't tested extensively but it seems to work correctly

Attached Files:

10. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

hey is it compatible with summer patch ? :)

11. oedali

oedali Chieftain

I've been using it w/o problems. But I also stopped playing recently due to other serious AI diplomacy bugs introduced by the new patch (unrelated to this mod)

RohirrimElf and ctudor like this.
  12. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

thanx

13. TC_

TC_ Chieftain

Edit: Ignore this post - the current uploaded version is fine.

If anyone is having trouble with this great mod as I was, there are some typos to fix in "erascaling.sql". He accidentally placed a semicolon instead of a comma at the end of quite a few of the lines in that file. Clean that up and that part of the mod should work again.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  14. oedali

oedali Chieftain

What impact does the typo have currently? We can ping the author to fix @RushSecond . I have been using this mod non stop since the very beginning

15. TC_

TC_ Chieftain

That file won't load as it is, so the ai does not receive the cumulative "Per Era Science & Culture Bonus". These bonuses really add up on higher difficulties towards the end of the game.

16. oedali

oedali Chieftain

Oh wow that's pretty impactful, good find! Where exactly is the semicolon in the file that should be a comma? I will fix in mine too.

17. TC_

TC_ Chieftain

There are several of them. There should only be one semicolon per section, at the end. Take a look at it and i think it will make sense. When you think you've fixed it, open up your logs folder and look at the 'modding' file. Search for 'error', and if you don't find any you should be good.

18. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

I DLd the mod, I see only one semicolon per block - isn't that OK?

19. TC_

TC_ Chieftain

Yeah that's how it's should be. Maybe something just got messed up on mine... I'll download the files again tonight and see what's up.

Do you see any errors in your modding log when playing with this mod active?

20. TC_

TC_ Chieftain

Ok guys, I don't know what happened to my local file... but I just downloaded the mod again and I didn't see any problems with erascaling.sql. I should have checked that before posting. Sorry for the trouble.