[GS] Sneak Peak 15/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uraniborg would be a great option for Scandinavia's wonder, and we don't have astronomical observatories represented in the game, anyway. But 6 of the 7 wonders of GS are already known, and the seventh seems to be an Indian temple, so there is no wonder of Scandinavia this time around.

I've thought of Uraniborg as well. Listing potential Scandinavian great wonders (for when the day comes) could probably be a thread of its own.

Last edited:
The Wizarding World civ!

Dont we have lightning attacks in the game already? We just need more magical effects to come online!

To avoid a few small Copyright problems, any 'magical' Civ or Scenario would pretty much have to be Historical rather than Literary.

Believe it or not, that's quite easy to do. Every culture has magical elements in their folklore, from Native American to European to African to Asian, etc.

And a couple historical civs had reputations as Magic Users: Haitian Vaudoon (VooDoo) for one, and the Finns in general, who even scared the Vikings off because they were afraid of their abilities as Spell Casters and Curse Wielders.

Just add a couple of Magical Pantheons and we can slip VooDoo into the game, and Finnland even without the magic would be an interesting addition: saunas and Extreme Wood Design, Modern Ski Infantry that ignore Zones of Control and move faster through woods or over marsh, and a possible Maori-like Moble Start, but as Reindeer herders instead of sailors.

But all that's after we see what Weirdness they've come up with for the next Civ tomorrow . . .

Sooo, judging from the number of books, I suspect we're getting another science civ? That would be great, because as much as I love Babylon/Sumeria/Korea I do have to say that you can hardly overlook enlightenment historically. & in my humble opinion there should be at least some civs that represent that age.

I'm still convinced Sweden will be a GP oriented civ.

Maybe a Great Work agenda.
I'm expecting a mixture of both science and culture. I hope they might get a unique library replacement that produces science and can hold a great work of writing slot. Alternatively a museum that gets science from artifacts could work as well.

Believe it or not, that's quite easy to do. Every culture has magical elements in their folklore, from Native American to European to African to Asian, etc.
As I have said before I would love a Civilization Mythology spin-off game, and would rather that than trying to implement in this game. It's already getting a little sci-fi.

Another clue could've been a birthday cake with its candles melted towards the bottom......

On a more serious note, this is certainly Sweden and I'll look forward to seeing how Kristina is depicted!

What if Sweden UB is not campus building replacement but furniture factory replacing factory. It will provide additional production and gold in all lumbermills in a city boarder and will not generate CO2. It would make Sweden production more green and more focusend on lumbermills as a main title improvement prodution generation.

It'd be cool if they revealed a Swedish wonder. Despite Scandinavia being represented since civ 2 there has, to my memory, never existed a Scandinavian wonder until the addition of Lysefjord, and still no great wonder present. I guess Stockholm city hall, where the Nobel prize ceremonies are taking place, is a big contender. A diplo related wonder would make sense.

Maybe Globen, Or the Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi.

Yay Sweden! Maybe Sweden will be the environmentalist civ? Hydro power plants as UB? Still today our hydro power plants produces almost 50% of our total energy per year. The first plant was built in 1882, just three years after the Niagara one.

Let be serious one moment and just try to analyse this sneak peak thoroughly.

We see a globe in front of a large library. But the books are in the background, showing that they're not important and we should not focus on them.

The globe is grey ; the color grey can be compared to the blue color (source: grey eyes can have blue reflects). Therefore, it's safe to assume that the globe is blue. But if it was meant to be blue, why is it not blue? In fact, in Antiquity, the color blue was very rare because very expensive (source: my elementary school lessons). Ergo and thereupon, we have there the proof that the civ is antique and not at all modern because if it would have been modern the globe would have been blue and not grey (evidence A).

Plus, the globe being blue (source: evidence A), the world is seen as a big ocean. Why a world would be represented by an ocean? The answer is clear: it's a link to the Flood cataclysm. But all folks have, at some point in their history, a Flood myth. So why make a globe out of it? Well, we have to face that it leads only to the conclusion that creating globes of the Flood is only to sell them as merchendise and touristic souvenirs. This is the proof that the new civ revealed will be a nation of merchants and, per se, navigators and travellers, because I do not have to prove why merchants are navigators (evidence B).

But take a look about the globe: it's atop books. What does that mean? Well, it's obviously a metaphor about the world dominated by words and knowledge. What is the main conduit of knowledge? Undoubtedly words (source: common sense), and words are largely, in our world and society, composed with letters picked from an alphabet (source: any text you can read, so don't bother me). The place of the globe is the proof that the new civ/leader is linked with some kind of writing and alphabet (evidence C).

We said that we should not focused on the library in the background, but it's safe to assume that you should not listen to me (source: this development), so lets focus on the library in the background. Books are unimportant, but not the shelves: they are in wood. It's not a coincidence and it's undeniably a hint about the civ having a link to wood. But which wood? Well, in fact, if you look at the flag of Lebanon, you can see that there is a Cedar on it. Cedar is a tree well know to give wood (source: my head) and wood is what the shelves are made of. Coincidence? I think it would be too naive to think so. Never underestimate Firaxis to generate clues everywhere (source: every tweet they ever made). So, since the shelves made of wood are incontestably a reference to the flag of Lebanon, we have the distinct and absolute proof that the new civ is near Lebanon, ergo in Middle-East (evidence D).

Now, looking at evidences A, B, C and D, we now know that the revealed civ will be an antique civ of merchants linked to some sort of an alphabet and based in Middle-East. Ipso facto, the only conclusion is without any doubt Phoenicia led by Queen Dido.

And another victory for logic.

We see a globe in front of a large library. But the books are in the background, showing that they're not important and we should not focus on them.

The globe is grey ; the color grey can be compared to the blue color (source: grey eyes can have blue reflects). Therefore, it's safe to assume that the globe is blue. But if it was meant to be blue, why is it not blue? In fact, in Antiquity, the color blue was very rare because very expensive (source: my elementary school lessons). Ergo and thereupon, we have there the proof that the civ is antique and not at all modern because if it would have been modern the globe would have been blue and not grey (evidence A).

Plus, the globe being blue (source: evidence A), the world is seen as a big ocean. Why a world would be represented by an ocean? The answer is clear: it's a link to the Flood cataclysm. But all folks have, at some point in their history, a Flood myth. So why make a globe out of it? Well, we have to face that it leads only to the conclusion that creating globes of the Flood is only to sell them as merchendise and touristic souvenirs. This is the proof that the new civ revealed will be a nation of merchants and, per se, navigators and travellers, because I do not have to prove why merchants are navigators (evidence B).

But take a look about the globe: it's atop books. What does that mean? Well, it's obviously a metaphor about the world dominated by words and knowledge. What is the main conduit of knowledge? Undoubtedly words (source: common sense), and words are largely, in our world and society, composed with letters picked from an alphabet (source: any text you can read, so don't bother me). The place of the globe is the proof that the new civ/leader is linked with some kind of writing and alphabet (evidence C).

We said that we should not focused on the library in the background, but it's safe to assume that you should not listen to me (source: this development), so lets focus on the library in the background. Books are unimportant, but not the shelves: they are in wood. It's not a coincidence and it's undeniably a hint about the civ having a link to wood. But which wood? Well, in fact, if you look at the flag of Lebanon, you can see that there is a Cedar on it. Cedar is a tree well know to give wood (source: my head) and wood is what the shelves are made of. Coincidence? I think it would be too naive to think so. Never underestimate Firaxis to generate clues everywhere (source: every tweet they ever made). So, since the shelves made of wood are incontestably a reference to the flag of Lebanon, we have the distinct and absolute proof that the new civ is near Lebanon, ergo in Middle-East (evidence D).

Now, looking at evidences A, B, C and D, we now know that the revealed civ will be an antique civ of merchants linked to some sort of an alphabet and based in Middle-East. Ipso facto, the only conclusion is without any doubt Phoenicia led by Queen Dido.

Brilliant.

I was blind, but now I see.

Exposition made by Ikea

I have never bought anything by Ikea. Are they any good? They opened a huge facility in my city recently, but I've never been in there. I have no idea what they sell (I thought Ikea was mail order, but apparently not). They must be doing well for themselves to open such a large place in my city (of course my city is very business friendly and land is cheap).

I'm convinced, changing my vote now. :D

I have never bought anything by Ikea. Are they any good? They opened a huge facility in my city recently, but I've never been in there. I have no idea what they sell (I thought Ikea was mail order, but apparently not). They must be doing well for themselves to open such a large place in my city (of course my city is very business friendly and land is cheap).
There is literally only one thing you need to know about IKEA... Meatballs :p

And, of course, they sell furniture. This might actually be more famous than their meatballs.

What if Sweden UB is not campus building replacement but furniture factory replacing factory. It will provide additional production and gold in all lumbermills in a city boarder and will not generate CO2. It would make Sweden production more green and more focusend on lumbermills as a main title improvement prodution generation.
I considered that it could be a furniture factory or warehouse as a possibility before Sweden was announced. I changed my mind when Kristina was leaked to be the leader because a production focused building would make more sense for a domination geared Swedish King than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom