So this is what happens when I wander off (Again)?

you probably have effects disabled.

Well in desparation of my computer not slowing to a crawl and whining about processing yeah i do.

It (this random graphic changing) is really getting on my nerves, if i have effects enabled, will that solve it?

-Qes

EDIT: Or rather, If i undo frozen animations, that'll fix it?

You'll have to have Effects enabled too if you want Flames or Fire Elementals to be visible. (I thinking that is true of Tar Demons and Water Elementals too, but I'm not sure.)

Thanks. It stops doing that annoying change-of-art thing.

Now if there was only a magic wand to make it run faster/smoother, I'd be giddy as a prepubescent schoolgirl with new ribbons in her hair.

I guess I'll have to settle with being simply all that is manliness.

-Qes

Edit: missed the second page. Ignore this post

So i've discovered you've (the Dev Team...perhaps Nikis-Knight in particular, DONT THINK I DONT KNOW) put in a "Qes will always lose" button that the enemy can always use.

Tricksy, tricksy indeed. Forcing an old(ish) man to have to go and learn new tricks, you Devils! Followers of Hybroem, the lot of ya.

Bah!

As it is, my poor attentions wane when the load between turns starts to take upwards of minutes. And as such, I've not had the paitence to 'fully lose' as evidence supports and time would allow.

So far I've run myself into bankruptcy twice, lost two big wars and two small wars; had Orthus eat the face of my favorite hero. And was always in the bottom 50% for score.

Gratz guys. You made the game harder.

Now gimme my 'win-wand' back. :p
-Qes

Ah you gotta love those 5min. and then game over starts.

I WON! I actually won a game!

Yay for Turtling and 0 Wars with the Kuriotates. Cultural for the win.

Now i'm having fun with the Sidar. I have... a desire.

Is it possible to allow "hidden nationality" units capture cities? Now hold your horses, and war elephants - becuase I'm not suggesting that capturing a city with one's own Hidden nationality unit should get YOU the city - nono. I'm wondering if it couldnt capture the city FOR the barbarians? Perhaps you have the sacrifice the hidden nationality unit in the process? This would be a great way to peck at neighbors. Perhaps after capturing a city and giving it over to the barbarians - it'd spawn barbarian units, like when you take over a unfriendly hut - and maybe that can represent the 'diminished population' from a capture - even though stealthy units accomplished the goal instead of an army. In this - making cities "go rogue" would be a stealth unit's (I'm looking at you Shadow) specialty. Perhaps give "new barbarian units" dependant on the cities previous "unhappiness" quotent. If the city had unhappy faces it gets more defenders - and thus stays rogue longer.

This would be a great way to allow for 'insurrections' to be more a part of the game.

I do know how broken it'd be if suddenly you could capture enemy cities without declaring war - hence why i'm advocating for a 'middle ground' approach to the concept.

Cheers,
-Qes

P.S. Is it me? Or is this thread becoming some sort of Journal de la Qes' adventures in Erebus? Meh.

That would be cool to let an HN unit capture a city, but that grants both the City and the HN unit to the Barbarians, plus a few more units just in case the player thinks he is smart and uses a weak HN unit to capture the city, but strong ones to wear it down.

But it would still allow you to grab cities from the AI without any diplomatic backlash.... Maybe if the city were tied to the original Civ still and they would gain a diplomatic penalty with the next non-Barbarian Civ to own the city.

What about a simple option on moving to the (unoccupied) city?

Something like:

"Do you wish to start an insurrection in this city? You will lose your hidden nationality unit and there is a small/moderate/significant (X%) chance that the city will go rogue and become barbarian. It will be granted free units based on the discontent of the city. If the city does not go rogue, the discontent (unhappy faces) will increase significantly for the next 20 turns. Also - there is a small/moderate/significant (Y%) chance that you will be discovered. If discovered <target civ> may go to war with you. (Significant diplomacy modifier.)

I see that as being foundationally neutral. Enough positives and negatives in itself that it would ground out any balance issues - and i do think it'd add something fun to the game.
-Qes

As long as it counts as you declaring war if caught. Otherwise doing this to someone you want to war would be a win-win situation (if they declare war your defensive pacts trigger and you don't get -X "you declared war on our friend").

[NWO]_Valis;7233261 said:
Welcome back QES :)

Will you be staying longer or just passing by?

I avoided answering this cause I didnt have a good answer to it.

I just "dont know."

:salute:
-Qes

EDIT/ADD: I just noticed how many views this thread has...

I.....i dont get it. Boredom? Was i truly that missed?

Boggles the mind.

Top Bottom