So why was CFC down (on and off) the last 3 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if this helps, but this is what i got last time?

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224
I've gotten that message from time to time when the forums was loading like a snail.

Good thought, but sadly this just gives google hits where other people have the same problem and no solution

Why not just get a better server? It's getting frustrating seeing a server is too busy message every 15 minutes. It certainly does not help the forum's reputation on being reliable with people just leaving the site if they keep getting the message time over time. Many thinking the administration does not care about the issue :(.

Its a memory caching utility (that I figured from the name). Its meant to speed up databases (This is from a cursory Google search). But for some reason its not connecting right and it spits out a fatal error instead. (This is from the error message). That's what I can wager from it. (Reading error logs on my site has made me learn a lot). Try asking the webhost to look at the settings for it as there could be a misconfiguration (This is a wild guess).

Theres some stuff on wikipedia, but I dont really understand a lot of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memcached

Dont know if this helps, but this is what i got last time?

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224

I had that a few times.

I really wouldn't mind this if it happened once and a while for a long period of time, but the problem is the off and on part of it.

"And now we're back after that brief intermission."

It's been out again today. WTH is going on?

Something malfunctioning.

Please let Abaddon buy this website and sort it out!

It didn't know they ever were.

Portal 2. How did you forget that? :confused:

Because most Protal 2 meme usage died off months ago, and yet this weekend I've heard/read several unrelated usages of "its a potato".

most potato references i see are referring to certain mentally challenged people, things like "I can count to potato" references. if that is indeed from portal 2 i may need to play it. i finished portal 1 in about 5 hours and it was pretty freakin awesome. i just havent gotten around to it because civ 5 has dominated my world for like 3 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom