Socially responsible......

Achilleslastand

Warlord
I caught the ad for civ5 in the latest issue of pcgamer magazine. Included in the ad it says they are socially responsible.
The packaging of this product is enviormentally friendly. The case is made of recyclable biobox the paper is 30% post consumer waste and weve removed solvent inks in favor of soy and uv inks. Weve also replaced the 200 page manual with an improved and interactive pdf thats easier to use. We are also donating 250,000 to education based charities simply check the charity of your choice during the install process.
Also about the multiplayer it says that "civ5 brings the community to the forefront.
Your thoughts?

The omission of an actual, printed manual as an allegedly "socially responsible" measure is pretty much an excuse to cut down production costs. I could've read a proper manual in bed without using electricity, but as it is I have to do that on my netbook. ;)

The omission of an actual, printed manual as an allegedly "socially responsible" measure is pretty much an excuse to cut down production costs. I could've read a proper manual in bed without using electricity, but as it is I have to do that on my netbook. ;)

A-freaking-men.

Its the same as "Green" hotels not wanting to wash your towels. They don't give a :):):):) about "Green" they are just trying to cut costs.

The charity thing's a nice bonus though. Probably not much is actually donated, but it's a nice thought that shows how Steam can work well.

Top Bottom