• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SoI Domination Challenge

Fatimids 1294AD score 18112
Found Qairo(on wheat), Edfu(on sorghum) and Farama(on citrus, 2E1S Domiat). I started with war against Makuria, so moved berber cavalry to south.
Capture Phrim and razed Para, steal workers near Dongola. Next target - holy cities in Hejaz and Dimashq(with SM). Completed 2/3UHV. Vassals - Rum and Zengids. After Hilagu invasion capture non-stop more than 30 cities with 100% :culture: slider. Bulbed 2GA.
Spoiler :

The development of the Middle East:
Spoiler :

Ghaznavids 1286AD score 21274
Spoiler :

Build in Ghazna: (+ Kutlug Timur, Narekavank and Bagrati Cathedral,receive orth from Hamadan):
Spoiler :

Starting army capture Balkh(3starting+1 mercenary HAs) and Zaranj for greed quest(swordsman+mercenary HA). Cheman and Gwadar as 2nd and 3rd cities.
Vassal: Ayyubids and Delhi Sultanat, capitulated Mamluks.

Spoiler :

This is an old one that I have forgotten to post, so I don't remember much about the game.

Spoiler :

I tried a new entirely conquest based strategy, which suits the Samanid UP well. I took Kerman, Zaranj and Herat early and continued to Mecca. Ghaznavids were quite easily smuthered and I followed Buiyds to Iraq and declared war on Abbasids after Baghdad had fallen to Buiyds. I denied Seljuk flip and eventually conquered them. Same with Khwarezmids, who founded Bukhara for me, but I capitulated them. I kept large stacks of HAs and catapults & trebutchets in Iraq to fought off the Abbasid respawns, because my stability was quite low. They only respawned once in 1135 and I instantly reconquered them.

Meanwhile I ventured slowly into Hindustan, took Multan, Lahore and eventually Delhi. I capitulated Sindhs and crushed Gujarat to liberate their cities to the Sindhs. Research was really slow, but during GAs I finally managed to get courthouses, which helped a lot in the end.

The Development of the Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other stuff:

Spoiler :

Empire of Lavash Kingdom of Armenia 1297AD score 17593
Settled capital on horse, recoverd relic (The Head of John the Baptist), Manazkert on pig. Hire strong HA, capture Tartus(settled here relic), build SM first. Javelinman steal worker near Qazvin. Razed Antioh and Edessa, capture Mosul. Settled Kaysun in Lesser Armenia(iron, apple, horse and honey). Kick Buids from Mesopatamia and Fars, so Seljuks cant fllip Esfahan with HoW. Vassal - KoJ, capitulated - Seljuks, Yemen and Mamluks.
Settled in Manazkert 6 GGs and Holy Lance for traning army:D
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Jusos2108, what is your opinion about recycling Blizzrd's and youtien's quickest victories and highest score?

I founded Farama (on the citrus) instead of Domyat, which is a lot better. I followed SanJose's strategy further and sent my three Berber Cavalries and other extra troops to conquer the two northernmost Makurian cities, which I managed with loss of one BC + additional troops. Then progress slowed down and it took ages to fully conquer Makuria. Meanwhile I rolled to Hejaz with mercs.

After regrouping I sent my armies to Iraq and conquered it from the Abbasids. Soon after Yemen and Sindh vassalised. After the crusaders, I conquered Levant and Zengids vassalised too. I sent my veterans to take Constantinople and thus collapsed the Byzantines, who later respawned though. After that I declared war on Rum and capitulated them and together we crushed the Byzantines again.

Then I repelled the Mongols from Iraq and rolled into Persia, where the Seljuk Empire was crumbling, but had not collapsed, I took Qazvin, Kermanshah, Estafan and Siraz in quick succesion, which finally collapsed the Seljuks. Then I rolled into the remnants and culture bombed Yazd only to win soon after.

Btw, SanJose do you also found Duba on the Hejaz camel?

The Development of the Middle East (it seems that I lost one pic from 1100:confused: ) :

Spoiler :

Other pics:

Spoiler :

I have been thinking of a Byzantine game, but that score is quite impressive. Ajmer will also be tough to beat. For sure I will give them a go at some point.

Btw, SanJose do you also found Duba on the Hejaz camel?
Yes, great city which covers horses, dates, clam and pearls >>> than Aqaba+Tabuk. Easy grows to 16pop, good production:goodjob:
Yemen and Sindh...not loves me:(
Domiat and Farama - i don't like both

Jusos2108, what is your opinion about recycling Blizzrd's and youtien's quickest victories and highest score?

I have been thinking of a Byzantine game, but that score is quite impressive. Ajmer will also be tough to beat. For sure I will give them a go at some point.

I did Ajmer around 1290s and with 17000 score, so I expect you to tackle the Byzantine score! :D
I'll post it tomorrow!

I founded Jalandhar on the horse as my capital and quickly conquered the indy cities in Hindustan. I stole workers from Malwa and eventually conquered them. Gujarat spawned and became my tech trading partner until I conquered them, same with Sindh. Ghaznavids declared war at me at some point and I took Quetta from them and razed Farah. They collapsed soon after the Ghorids spawned.

My tactic was to keep the Sultanate of Delhi from ever existing by keeping the Ghorids alive, so I conquered Jammu, Peshawar and Bamiyan from them and obliterated their main stack before they capitulated. I liberated their cities back to them together with Ghazna and Qandahar and they became solid, which way they stayed until the end of the game.

After teching for a while and waiting for the Mongols to pass by, I quickly conquered Persia and Iraq and waited for the borders to pop up for the win. The hardest thing was to avoid religious victory, so I had to keep my piety below 100. I think I built almost all, but Orthodox wonders in Dilli.

The Development of the Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other pics:

Spoiler :

Khwarezm 1207AD score 117363
Found Urganj (1N starting tile), Khiva (2E to horse) and Neyshabur. I followed Jusos2108's strategy further and rushing Seljuks(destroed in 1106)and ignored Buids lands at first time. I needed 2-3 turns for clamed Shahanshah title and completed 2/3 UHV when Abbasids respawn. No tech, only war. Nakarevank in Qazvin, Kutlug-Timur in Bukhara, NE i HE in Marv.
Vassals - Zengids, capitulated: Abbasids, Malva, Gujarat. In 1204AD stable Ghorids descending into civil war:(
Spoiler :

Weaver's event in Hamadan after win:

Spoiler :

Needs fresh idea/strategy for Byzantine Empire:sad:
I tryed with early conquest without any good result. Next try - convert to sunni.

That would've been my first strategy as well, so I can't really help.
I did KoJ in 1456, but won URV accidently few turns earlier and I am reluctant to reload to an earlier save, so I guess I'll have to let the score record go, for now.

Top Bottom