• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SoI Domination Challenge

Kingdom of Armenia 1300AD score 18345
Regame previous from 940, found Hamah(excellent city; thx, Jusos2108) first, later Kaysun. More active in espionage.
Spoiler :

This time I avoided the Ayyubids and rolled earlier to Anatolia, which helped to pace the victory better. Vassals were Ottomans and Ak Kouynly.

The Development of the Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other pics:

Spoiler :

Tactic was simple -> expansion. Makuria and Armenia vassalised quickly and I helped them grew their empires by liberating cities to them. I took Damascus early and razed pretty much everything else on Levant. I was contiously tasking my vassals to tech some needed techs and that paid off hansomly. I was only able to steal one tech from the Abbasids.

New civs spawned and I supressed them easily. I conquered Egypt right after the Fatimids had spawned. Rum was quickly dealt with Cataprachts. Iraq was next in line. Then I capitulated Seljuks and liberated cities to them and eventually continued to capitulate Ghaznavids and later Khwarezmia. I took Sanaa from Yemen and made peace for Zinjibar, which was enough to collapse. I did the same with Sindh by taking Tharri and getting Uch for peace.

Spoiler :

Other pics:

Spoiler :

I'm aiming for a Ajmer domination victory. This is my first try for a domination in this game. Its year 1139 AD now and I've taken all of North and Central India. ( Yet for some reason the title of Vikramaditya doesn't click.. I thought you needed 6 provinces for this, I have 7 ! ) Right now my economy is bleeding, I'm slowly developing my cities while running wealth in my most productive and developed cities. My target is to win the domination before the Mughal spawn. What should I do next ? *( I'm playing on epic mode since its my first time :) )

don't forget that if the Ghorids collapse they will respawn as the Delhi Sultanate so try to keep them alive but small. I think you can safely kill them after 1250.

Kingdom of Armenia 1199AD score 41966
Hire HA, capture Tartus; razed Edessa, Antioh and Qazvin with first HAs.
Some good event at start(-5%inflation, 1:commerce: per spot), bulgarians capture Konstantinopolis:confused:
Capitulated Rum at spawn and Fatimids after 1167AD.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

What would be the easiest civ for a domination victory ? I'm not talking about late game civs like the Ottomans or any after them.
any civ with good economy:D and with many core and border provinces, plus you need know about main problems in gameplay with civ(for example, Byzantine: bulgarians, Rum spawn, The Massacre of the Latins, etc) and can easy vassalize small civs.
Abbasisds, Byzantine, Seljuks, Fatimids - easiest early civ for a domination victory

Kingdom of Georgia 1472AD score 7768
Rolled about 40 time for desired start(AI stealed Tomb of Khalid ibn Walid in Esfahan, Al-Jazari Workshop in Cairo, lucky to found Hindu in Nishapur):
Spoiler :

Used Jusos2108's strategy for initial cities(Rustavi ofr spam wonder and Uplistsikhe for military center). Sacrifice archer for early capture Baku. Capture last PoA's city - Antioh for catholic&sunni missionaries and stone. Managed 2nd and 3rd UHV for Golden Age after 1330AD. Vassals - Cilikia, KoJ and Mamluks(capitulated).
The development of the Middle East:
Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

Safavids 1593AD score 80826
Dinawar become the capital - georgian culture block my spawn in Ardebil. In Qazwin AI settled 2 Great General, at end their number increased to 9 + the Cloak of Prophet:D, so with high piety and Medical University I got a unit with 7 promotions. No tech, no UHV, no WW spamming, no espionage(contol 6 Den of spies in late game), 25% land without vassals. Zengids stil alive and holds the title of the Commander of the Faithful:mad:
Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

Auuybids 1484AD score 18522
Kicked Cilikia, PoA and KoJ at start with razing of Aqaba, Totrosa and Sis with big help of 8 trebs which flipped in Damaskus:D Settled Great Merchants in Damaskus and Medina. Vassals - Zengids and Oman, capitulated - Mamluks.
Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

PoA 1400AD score 14742
At first capture Manazgert, Dvin, Damaskus, raze Homs. Zengids spawn only with Mosul, so it be easy to kick them. Capitulated Georgia, Mamluks and Ottomans. Bad in tech as usual:D
Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

OP updated!

Nicely done SanJose, impressive victories and you have almost caught me in the leaderboard. :goodjob:

However, I do have few old records up my sleeve, that I haven't bothered to post.. ;)

This and the next three are old games from the spring, so I'll just put the pictures here.

Spoiler :

Winning pics:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom