Some CS Requests Are Bizarre

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
Just playing and Hong Kong wanted ivory connected to the network to give me a bonus.

They also had a quest for gold.

However, they also had ivory as their luxury item.

So, I threw a 1000 gold to them got the bonus for the gold gift- plus a bonus for connecting their own ivory.

I wish it was always this simple.

It's fun when CS quests cascade into one another. Complete a road to Zurich - they give you horses. Geneva wants horses - they ally and give you incense. Prague wants incense, they ally you, etc.

Yes, the resource based ones in general have problems:

1. Same city state frequently asks for the same resource again if you lose it.
2. City states ask for a resource you've given all copies away of.
3. City states ask for a resource they actually have.

Just recently I was playing and Yerevan was my ally. They began talking about horses and 'their great value', and wanted me to connect them to my trade network. I look over in their land, and their already working on building a pasture to get horses. When it's done, they give them to me, and are then glad because I connected horses to my trade network! Uh.... thanks, Yerevan!

Yeah...the CS quests need a bit of work....here's one encountered yesterday....

Lisbon has silk....but they, and a bunch of other CS's, want me to connect silk. Also Lisbon is very close to my second city....a Petra powerhouse which could certainly use a few more hexes... And with the near constant warfare, I have spare GGs.....

Hey....a "two for one deal"....fulfill a bunch of quests and get some extra land....but, strangely, it unexpectedly turned into a "three for one deal"....the bonus for fulfilling Lisbon's silk quest virtually cancelled out the penalty for stealing their land...

A no-brainer...;)

Lisbon has silk....but they, and a bunch of other CS's, want me to connect silk. Also Lisbon is very close to my second city....a Petra powerhouse which could certainly use a few more hexes... And with the near constant warfare, I have spare GGs.....

Hey....a "two for one deal"....fulfill a bunch of quests and get some extra land....but, strangely, it unexpectedly turned into a "three for one deal"....the bonus for fulfilling Lisbon's silk quest virtually cancelled out the penalty for stealing their land...

A no-brainer...;)

:lol:

A no-brainer...;)

Quests get cancelled if you go aggressive against the said CS, i.e. stealing land, declaring war.

Quests get cancelled if you go aggressive against the said CS, i.e. stealing land, declaring war.

Yes...good point...but that didn't happen in this case...

Perhaps it depends on the game's "queuing" of things... Fulfilling the quest must "register" before cancelling the quest. When the dust cleared, I was left with a small negative influence..I think it was neutral at the start...or very close to neutral... Lisbon wasn't particularly important to me in that game anyway.... And now they'd lost their only real benefit for me... their "Silk" ...:D

But I do notice this "queuing thing" can come up in other situations....and sometimes it seems like a bit of an exploit which I try to resist. Such as when some AI denounces you, but if you go into the screen before the turn change, they will still give you favourable trade terms. I guess the processing of denouncements is not instantaneous...

Wow..I have never been as lucky as the first 2 examples. But have been on a continent with only one opponent and first to find 5 CS'es on that continent, then 2 (and one time 3) have the same barb camp quest... pOwwWWWwer!

Top Bottom