[GS] Some maps are not effected by climate change

CrazyGalaxyG9

Chieftain
Earth, Europe, South-east Asia maps are not effected by climate change. Becouse of this there is a list of things you can't do:
  • To build a dam
  • To construct a hydroelectricyty power station
  • To see a river flood
  • The Great Bath doesn't work properly
  • Spy can' t damage the dam
  • Coastal flooding will never happen
A new gameplay mechanic doesn't work. Why is no one noticing this problem ? Moreover I remember the day when it was possible to build a dam on standard earth map.

Floods and water levels don't affect premade maps; to my knowledge, this has always been true. Perhaps you're recalling another Earth map like YnAEMP?

Yeah it's a shame the Mediterranean map isn't affected. It's a decent map. Makes playing Egypt on it a little pointless.

Floods and water levels don't affect premade maps; to my knowledge, this has always been true. Perhaps you're recalling another Earth map like YnAEMP?
I am telling about in-game maps (not mods). For example, Mediterranean map has river floods.

I am telling about in-game maps (not mods). For example, Mediterranean map has river floods.
Earth, Europe, Southeast Asia, Mediterranean, etc. are premade maps, not generated; that's why they don't have water levels and flood plains. IIRC Mediterranean might because it was made after Gathering Storm, but the others were never updated. This is a known issue that has existed since GS was released, and it's not a bug so much as updating these maps never having been a priority for Firaxis. If you take a look at Steam Workshop, modders have probably made new maps of these regions that have flood plains and water levels properly set up. Otherwise you'll have to play on generated maps to have these features.

Recently we received free Julius Caesar pack, maybe this small bugs can be fixed sometime please

Getting bug fixes at all seem unfortunately unlikely; I definitely would not count on old maps being remade at this point in the game's life cycle.

Earth, Europe, Southeast Asia, Mediterranean, etc. are premade maps, not generated; that's why they don't have water levels and flood plains. IIRC Mediterranean might because it was made after Gathering Storm, but the others were never updated. This is a known issue that has existed since GS was released, and it's not a bug so much as updating these maps never having been a priority for Firaxis. If you take a look at Steam Workshop, modders have probably made new maps of these regions that have flood plains and water levels properly set up. Otherwise you'll have to play on generated maps to have these features.
Older maps not being updated is one thing - but climate change does not work even on most maps added past GS (with the Mediterranean one being the single exception AFAIK); there are several bug reports about this, e.g. the one for the TSL Huge Earth:

Older maps not being updated is one thing - but climate change does not work even on most maps added past GS (with the Mediterranean one being the single exception AFAIK); there are several bug reports about this, e.g. the one for the TSL Huge Earth:

...Good luck? Not sure what you want me to do about it. :p

...Good luck? Not sure what you want me to do about it. :p
Yes, I'm aware that hopes go against zero that will we see any of these maps getting fixed ever (I currenly even doubt that any further bug fixes will happen, given that the first LP release was "patchless") - I just wanted to point out that it is by no means only a problem of older maps. It plagues even the maps we got with the last NFP update, including the TSL Huge Earth one. So it is not just older content never having been updated, it is also new content having issues from the start.

Top Bottom