Some things I'd like to see

First I'd like for the next expansion to make the economy more important, each resource should have a base value and as a nation you can control the value if you have a monoply on the resources (IE Diamands in South Africa).

Plus, I've said this beore, we need to make democratic goverments (Representation, universal suferage) to have a partisan senate. Each city would have two senators each one would be based on the moods of your citzens, happy citizens will vote for "your" party and unhappy ones will vote for the oposition party. The senate will have the abilities it had in Civ II.

This would add more realism to the game and make democracy a risky eneavor because the seante would have the right to overule any of your decsions should unhappy citzens outnumber happy ones...

I'd also like to see the UN changed around (like I've said before), where you can choose to join or not (at a -5 points for diplomatic relations) and if you dont join you don't have to abide by the UN's resolutions. (Barrying diplomatic victory.

High I’m new to this forum even though I’ve played civ for many years. In fact I started thinking about the game and how to make it a bit more realistic and then decided to join to see if anybody else though it was a good idea or bad. I'm a collage student in antho with a passion for history. One of the thing that got me thinking about some of the problems of the game (civ4) is that trade is not in my opinion important enough.

For example in some of the earth maps you can place Istanbul in its right location but there really is no need for it to be their (other than as a canal) I was thinking that their should be some way to take into account location for trade when determining a city placement. For example cities by rivers should get more trade (until modern era) than cities by roads. Also cities that connect two bodies of water should get a huge boost to trade. Another thing that bothered me about the game was that for example the American colonies of Britain while important did not generate the revenues for the mother country that colonies in the Caribbean did. So there should be some way to take this into account (instead of useless bit's of island) lastly one thing that annoyed me (and maybe this’d change on higher difficulty level) is that china will trade for example silk for cows. Now from my knowledge of history (which could be mistaken) the only way the Roman Empire got silk from china was by paying gold. Also the Dutch and Portuguese didn't trade stuff from Europe to Asia but rather were traders within Asia.

Now this got me to thinking and here some of the idea's I thought of. Firstly I think they should get rid of the whole area around a city to support it. Rather the area around a city is your territory and whatever is in you box goes to entire civ (this way on earth map you can get cities close together) there should naturally be some way to do this so you don't build a crapload of cities. Because for example to those people in New York that's 8millon people who get there food from somewhere else. The Roman Empire for example got a lot of their food from North Africa (where the climate was very different form today) the say to mean goes for production (maybe a little less than food). see what I am going for here is a way to make a city that dominated by trade or a holy city in turn become important for example by importing the food it need and the raw materials to produce things. Also holding strategic resources should greatly increase trade. For example an island in the Caribbean that is you empires only source of sugar should generate a lot of trade because it’s supplying this to all your cities.

The other thing I was thinking of was supplying troops so for example if you want to send a ship around the world you need ports of call where it can resupply (like currently what is done with planes) this is the reason historically for the Canary Island and European settlement of South Africa. Lastly I think religion should be made different so each has different benefit when your state civ. well this is just sorta brainstorming please let me know what you thinks of my idea's weather they would work or not and if theirs a mod like this out there.

I'm think a senate to prvent war in civ is a good idea

Top Bottom