SOON to come- at a forum near you...

Hey W.I.N.T.E.R.

That's some advertisement :) Your my kind of scenario designer!

Excellent work.

:o thanx JValdez2 *blush*

I hope U like the new one too :) - basically I design in my spare time, relaxing from day time UNI-life and night time party life... :crazyeye: I alsways wanted to create a scenario with all extras included...

Just hope I can live up to the expectations ?! Anyway- pleeze tell me what U think about the upcomming one ;)

Hi everyone,

Just to tell you that I have added some new files to the GNB3 scenario. The first version has been posted 8 or 9 days ago, so it should be up sometime this (post-easter) week :)

Right, I have added new subtile elements into the game.txt and the menu.txt files for it to be a little bit more original (i.e. barbarians are either "pirates" or "rebels" or "revolutionaries", defense minister is appropiatly called "war ministry" now, etc). These two will have to be pasted into civ2's main folder.

I have also accordingly added a labels.txt file, to be left in the scenario folder. I continued improving the shields...
The Describe.txt is developing nicely: I have all units in and I got most of the wonders (called "Great Monuments" now ;)) sorted.
Events are ready for shipping too!

One question about Rules?! Does anybody think the "Reserve Unit" should be left out of the building options? I thought it was too much of an AI weakness, cuz it turned out to be produced more than infantry units- leaving the AI with poorly defended in the early stages... Any votes for or against this???

Originally posted bt W.i.n.t.e.r One question about Rules?! Does anybody think the "Reserve Unit" should be left out of the building options? I thought it was too much of an AI weakness, cuz it turned out to be produced more than infantry units- leaving the AI poorly defended in the early stages... Any votes for or against this?

Hi W.i.n.t.e.r,

I vote against leaving them out - I think they should be left in for the same reason you mentioned, in that - speaking in my current capacity as a GNB PBEM Prussian ! - some of my small Prussian cities can only realistically build 'weak' Reservists early on - Infantry would take ages, and I cannot afford rush-building them unless I get lucky.

Maybe a way around is to give the Reservists unit a unique 'Reservists' Tech. that all no-AI Civs have at start, with a low priority for research.

Hmm I C. I haven't playtested the Prussians, but I understand how difficult it must be during the first 20 or so turns... interesting proposal on the other hand :D. But I think making an individual rules file per player + tweaking the techtree is getting too much of a complicated venture.

Lets see what the other think... :)

If you should leave them in just put them in the 'Carrier-square' in units.gif so the AI doesn't build them. :D

Originally posted by Arthedain
If you should leave them in just put them in the 'Carrier-square' in units.gif so the AI doesn't build them. :D

Now that is some idea :goodjob: !!! I didnt know the AI didnt 'like' that slot- tell U what: I'll do that!!!..., it is just a few units to reshuffle and I'll set the Reserves to get osolete with the invention of the hardened lamina (field howitzer) much later in the game. :king: :king: :king:

Hi there Thunderfall !!!!

Are U still about ??? Hmmm, I sent you the GNB3 filez something like 3-4 weeks ago... did U not get them ???
:confused:
In any case, I will create an update for GNBs final version too- in some weeks time (just though the people could already enjoy the changes made so far)

Cheers !!!

I know the list of compliments is as long as John Holmes' member, but I need to add my name to the list of adoring fans. I absolutely love this scenario, I honestly think it is one of the best ever. The game is great in single player but reaaly shines in PBEMs'. I am in a PBEM game of this over at apolyton and it is the only game I am in that I go crazy waiting for it to be my turn. One of the kids playing is in High school (I think) and it takes about a week for him to get his turn played, but once he does everyone else gets theirs done in 24-48 hours and then we have to wait another week until it is our turn again. In short I guess I am just saying this: I love it! I love it! I love it!

What Jimmywax said :goodjob:

IMO, this may be the best ever PBEM scenario, especially when it moves quickly.

Top Bottom