Sooo... Happiness.

Github, savegame. If your empire is large enough, i.e. 20 cities, that's really only a 'bump' of 1 unhappiness type per city, so it's not an unsurprising outcome.

G

Alright, thanks. I took a brief glance through most of the .csv's (which was sorta interesting) and I'm just curious, where would global needs modifier be stored? I couldn't find any indication of it. I was also looking for some event in another civ (or three) that caused their yields to spike so rapidly... which would explain the increase in global median needs, but I'm not familiar with all the event types and couldn't figure out the appropriate log.

Yes, I'm wide. I was wide the whole game, though, and never experienced a drop like this after tech research. It's very frustrating to the player experience to lose control so quickly like that, even if it's intended.

Alright, thanks. I took a brief glance through most of the .csv's (which was sorta interesting) and I'm just curious, where would global needs modifier be stored? I couldn't find any indication of it. I was also looking for some event in another civ (or three) that caused their yields to spike so rapidly... which would explain the increase in global median needs, but I'm not familiar with all the event types and couldn't figure out the appropriate log.

Yes, I'm wide. I was wide the whole game, though, and never experienced a drop like this after tech research. It's very frustrating to the player experience to lose control so quickly like that, even if it's intended.

Github post with save is the most helpful thing for debugging.

G

Github post with save is the most helpful thing for debugging.

G
G, I'm wondering. Since civ v does not have a internal migration mechanic, which is what real people would do when living conditions in its home city aren't ideal, maybe the better cities in your empire could share a bit of their happiness to the less favored.

Or just implement an internal migration system. Give a chance for the unhappiest city to move one citizen to the happiest.

That may be very exploitable. You create a dummy city that grows like every 5 turns, then every 5 turn you just move it to your capital or other core city, so core cities can just neglect grow.

That may be very exploitable. You create a dummy city that grows like every 5 turns, then every 5 turn you just move it to your capital or other core city, so core cities can just neglect grow.
Not this way. First you need to have an unhappy city. Then, the chance of some citizen deciding on moving, depends on the number of unhappy people. So, a city with 6 unhappy people has double chance of having a migrant than a city with 3 unhappy people. This migrant will move to the city with the lowest unhappiness, reducing a little the chance of going towards the capital (since capital has a natural unhappiness reduction).

If you create a dummy city, with high growth and low infrastructure, this city will grow to a size similar to the other cities in the empire before the probability is high enough to provoke a migration. So once that citizen has moved, your dummy city will alleviate its unhappiness and it will take a while to get another unhappy citizen. Also, you cannot control directly where the citizen will move. Yes, you could use such city to grow your other cities slightly faster, or you could use the city for other useful purposes, like providing yields.

G, I'm wondering. Since civ v does not have a internal migration mechanic, which is what real people would do when living conditions in its home city aren't ideal, maybe the better cities in your empire could share a bit of their happiness to the less favored.

Or just implement an internal migration system. Give a chance for the unhappiest city to move one citizen to the happiest.

It remember me this mod: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/emigration.388983/

Top Bottom