Soul's Ablaze - a 100K PBEM

GPS to Blaze Injun

.....we could make a gentlemens agreement not to build it.

But as we have only played 2 turns I would have no objection to starting again. Whatever you guys choose is fine by me.

Scratcher

GPS to Blaze

I can agree to build ToA (I wasn't planning to anyway) or restart - Call it Soul_Warrior

gps DD

checked, and:
ToA = 500 shield.
GLib / Hanging gardens = 400.

building it will cause the player to make a very substantial BET.
im inclinded towards allowing it.
but then again, free temples :eek:

so, scouts' honour?
no building it by a human.
if an AI will get it, we will see what happens.

GPS to Blaze

A nice tribe gave me a map of the local surroundings

There are a set of rules about what huts give and when, if you'd like I can either post them or e-mail them to you.

One of the rules no barbarians if you have no land units with an attack or defense factor. Another is no barbarians if you pop the hut with a unit with "treat all terrain as a road" checked, like an explorer.

City: Must be on a tile where a city can be founded (no marsh, mountain, volcano, etc)

Gold: The tile must not have any type of resource or luxury on it.

Maps: always available

Nothing: always available

Settler: Player must not have a settler (active or in production) or any unit with the Settle AI strategy.
Player must have less cities than (TotalCities / NumActivePlayers).

Mercenaries (skilled warrior): There must be a unit available to the Barbarians as well as the player and that unit must be able to be built (or have been built) by some player in the game.

Tech: Player must still be in Ancient Times.

Barbarians: Player must not have Expansionist trait. There must not be a city within a 1-tile radius. The player must have at least 1 city. The player must have at least 1 military unit. The unit popping the hut must not have the "All Terrain As Roads" ability.

To determine your odds of getting a item, sum up what's available when the hut is popped and divide what your looking for by that number. Example: Your playing a Monarch game as a non-EXP tribe. Your popping a hut while researching Ceremonial Burial when you have no military units and are equal to the average number of cities. You can only get city (5), tech (15), gold (10), maps (10) & warrior (10) so 5+15+10+10+10 = 50 and you'll get a tech 15/50 (30% of the time)

Attachments

• Hut_Perc.JPG
    Hut_Perc.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 109
I just remembered that since barbarians are swords in this game, you can't get a mercenary (
swordsman) until you discover Iron Working, so that would make techs 15/40 (37%)

Now if the hut happened to be on a gem mountain you'd be looking at 15/25 (or 60%) for a free tech :D

Well if everyone else is getting techs & settlers while your getting barbarians, your not really playing on a level field

Top Bottom