South Dakota Class Battleship

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
This is the South Dakota class battleship of the USN. These were the predecessors to the Iowas. I made this with the intention to replace the stock Civ Battleship, but you can use it however you want. Now I realize it sits lower in the water than the other ships. I cannot place it any higher in the water due to the hull profile.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/SDakota.zip

Attachments

• SDakotaPreview.gif
    SDakotaPreview.gif
    158.4 KB · Views: 2,633
Here are the pedia cons and units32.

Attachments

• SDakota Pediacons.zip
    5 KB · Views: 607
Sweet job Joe.

Nice!
High quality ships are always welcome!
Could you make another version that sits higher in the water?

@Mr. Will, the S. Dakotas waterline was made this way especialy for the purpose of keeping the ship stabile within the 35000 ton displacement limit while still being able to mount larger gun mountings. Vingrjoe made the ship very authentic.

sweet job! :thumbsup:

I'm usually not fond of critism or suggestions after I have released a final product, but I do still take them into consideration, and look at the unit, and decide whether I agree with the critism/suggestion or not. So, I've decided to release an alternate animation for this ship. The waterline was low, but I've seen pictures where alot of heavier ships ride low, especially if fully loaded for wartime. In spite of this, many ships in Civ3 tend to be animated riding higher in the water. I wasn't able to make her ride much higher, so this will have to do. I cannot lower the waterline any further now, if I do, the rudders will start to show. This contains all the animations as above, I just didn't think it was necessary for a full length preview.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/SDakota_higher_wtrlne.zip

Attachments

• SDakotaDefault.gif
    SDakotaDefault.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,291
Top Bottom