Space Colonization modmod

I am coming near the end of the development cycle. My plan is to wrap up new and modified content this weekend, test it, and have a V8 release by Presidents Day (Feb. 20). Any final requests?

I just got V8 up, a few days earlier than expected. Here are my main goals for V9.

1) Flesh out the Venus line a bit.
2) Change the way Solar System colonization is done. I'm still not happy with the current system.
3) Add more material to the Cosmic Era and Transcendent Era. I want both of them to have at least 50 techs, with each tech having at least three new pieces of content.
4) Tidy the build list for Interstellar cities.

Good idea. The main ones in order are:

Lunar terrains (Lunar Bases)
Cislunar Space (Advanced Environmental Systems)
Martian and Venus terrains (Planetary Colonization)
Inner Solar System, Outer Solar System and all planets therein (Kuiper Belt Exploration)
Transneptunian (Solar Ordnance). Recommended features: Sednoid and Oort Cloud
Transtellar and various stars (Interstellar Travel). Recommended features: Oort Cloud, Rogue Planet, and various exoplanets
Orion Arm and various other astronomical objects (Advanced Seedships). Recommended features: Black Hole and stars such as White Dwarf, Blue Supergiant
Milky Way and Galactic Core (Folding Space). Recommended features: Black Hole and stars
Local Group (Space Creasing). Recommended features: Dwarf Galaxy and Galaxy
Virgo Supercluster (Intergroup Travel). Recommended features: Galaxy
Observable Universe (Intercluster Travel). Recommended features: Quasar
Distant Cosmos (Horizon Breaking). Recommended features: Quasar
Hyperspace (Dualflux Quantum Temporal Rift) (not meant to appear on ordinary map; Hyperspace terrain is created when a Hyperseedship settles)

Observable Universe (Intercluster Travel). Recommended features: Quasar
Distant Cosmos (Horizon Breaking). Recommended features: Quasar

Why excactly a Quasar? (just curious)

A Quasar is a giant black hole, usually in the center of a galaxy, surrounded by a disc of matter. They are the most visable parts of distant galaxies, but after all they are JUST the very core. Wouldn't it make more sense to have either galaxies here as well, or maybe another feature called local group?

Replace the following files in the C2C installation with the analogues in the downloaded zip fille.
- Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4EraInfos.xml
- Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4PlotLSystem.xml
- Assets\XML\Text\Global_CIV4GameText.xml
- Assets\XML\Buildings\Civ4CityLSystem.xml
- Assets\Python\Screens\CvEraMovieScreen.py

This could be a problem. If one of these files gets updated in the main mod (and this update is referenced by other parts of the main mod), you might be forced to make the same update very quickly.

A orbit, void, etc.?

Orbit is an optional terrain that serves as a buffer between regions where cities cannot be built, and I don't think trade routes can pass. I recommend surrounding Earth by Orbit terrains, and elsewhere I would avoid it. The "Void" and "Deep Space" terrains are not used.

Why excactly a Quasar? (just curious)

A Quasar is a giant black hole, usually in the center of a galaxy, surrounded by a disc of matter. They are the most visable parts of distant galaxies, but after all they are JUST the very core. Wouldn't it make more sense to have either galaxies here as well, or maybe another feature called local group?

I could add more features. I do have a building that specifically uses the Quasar in the distant future (the distant past, to be precise). I figure that once we get beyond the Virgo Supercluster, galaxies are so abundant (except in the Intergalactic Void terrain) that no special terrain feature is needed.

This could be a problem. If one of these files gets updated in the main mod (and this update is referenced by other parts of the main mod), you might be forced to make the same update very quickly.

Yes, it's not a good solution. It was the best way I could come up with to illustrate how I think the era structure should be done. In the event the relevant files change so that in such a way that my replacement files don't work, I might just give up on the era splitting idea.

Orbit is an optional terrain that serves as a buffer between regions where cities cannot be built, and I don't think trade routes can pass. I recommend surrounding Earth by Orbit terrains, and elsewhere I would avoid it. The "Void" and "Deep Space" terrains are not used.

We need the terrain before the moon becomes available territory. Space between the earth and the moon.

We need the terrain before the moon becomes available territory. Space between the earth and the moon.

Yes, that is what the Cislunar Space terrain is for. Because Solar System colonists are built in cislunar orbit, Cislunar Space terrains are needed.

What resources do you suggest for extraterrestrial territories? Stone does not offer - it causes barbarians :)

The Moon should have at least one of titanium, iron, and bauxite ore, and it should also have CO2 ice. As far as the rest of extraterrestrial territory, I don't yet use any map bonuses. But feel free to put some down if you want. Maybe I'll interpret that as a suggestion.

Talk to T-brd hydro. Pepper2000 and T-brd have some sort of plan for this all.

I plan to eventually. I do have SVN access and have made a few SVN updates. There was some controversy a while back because some people didn't want a bunch of space material that would not be building on an Earth-only map.

My plan is, when I feel satisfied that the future eras and space colonies are "full", to add this to the SVN as a module that is unloaded by default. There is still a V9 of the modmod coming which will flesh out the intergalactic and interdimensional material and fill a few other gaps.

Glad you like it, Hydro. I know that you had a lot of ideas about space colonization going back to the early days of C2C, so I'd be very curious to know how this meshes with your vision and what suggestions you have.

Pepper2000, your svn commit seems to have broken my game (with the space colonization mod with split era module installed). When I tried to delete the era split files and replace them with the svn files, I was unable to load my era split save. When I replaced the svn files with the era split files afterwards, I got the error as shown in image.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    35.3 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom