Space Colonization modmod

But to get started, make sure there are Orbit and Cislunar Space terrains adjacent to Earth.
Looks really great n all:goodjob:. But how do you do the above step? Does it require a Custom Scenario?

Looks really great n all:goodjob:. But how do you do the above step? Does it require a Custom Scenario?
Yes, you need space map scenarios.
In SVN they are clearly separated from other scenarios.

a magic unit -- hacker who can steal tech

sugar clipper is awesome.... 10k per trip... i have 60 of them.

bribe everyone to #1

@pepper2000 can I add rocket fuel requirement to all space units, that are buildable on Earth?
This way you could see what units are dedicated to space.
You need rocket fuel or its factory for NASA anyway.

And this might help AI with building rocket fuel factory.
Military airbase is useful on its own.

@pepper2000 can I add rocket fuel requirement to all space units, that are buildable on Earth?
This way you could see what units are dedicated to space.
You need rocket fuel or its factory for NASA anyway.

And this might help AI with building rocket fuel factory.
Military airbase is useful on its own.

Sounds good to me, though I would think it is fairly obvious already which units are meant to go into space.

Sounds good to me, though I would think it is fairly obvious already which units are meant to go into space.
Well I remember StrategyOnly getting confused on them.
He build them, and he was wondering why they can't do anything (he doesn't play on space maps).
Help text also would be nice.

I tested it on Trantor's game where hes in Nanotech era. One of AIs immediately wanted Rocket Fuel. I wonder if its coincidence.
@Trantor you placed stations too close to Earth, they should be on border with Clislunar space.
Now you can't build cislunar and lunar cities.
I think placing it in midstrip of Cislunar place should be good enough.

By the way Heavy Rockets can upgrade to Cislunar Settlers on level 3 space station improvement.

Last edited:
Sorry for the silly question. But is space colonization apart of the original mod or is that what this mod is about?
I haven't played Caveman yet but after replaying Civ II for the first time in years I'm really anxious to get the same experience of colonizing new worlds in newer Civs.

Sorry for the silly question. But is space colonization apart of the original mod or is that what this mod is about?
I haven't played Caveman yet but after replaying Civ II for the first time in years I'm really anxious to get the same experience of colonizing new worlds in newer Civs.
This was integrated into Caveman2Cosmos two years ago, and then improved.

Get V41 version of Caveman2Cosmos, and start custom scenario, that begins with name of "A Space Map"

This was integrated into Caveman2Cosmos two years ago, and then improved.

Get V41 version of Caveman2Cosmos, and start custom scenario, that begins with name of "A Space Map"
Thanks for the help!

does AI go to space now?
No - the space maps really don't have plans in place for the AI to be updated to work with to that extent - we're saving that for multimaps.

I have been unable to build a lunar factory which is required to build a cislunar setter. Any helpful hints?

Attachments

• OskChfSpace1 August 7, AD-1986.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.6 MB · Views: 38
I have been unable to build a lunar factory which is required to build a cislunar setter. Any helpful hints?
Did you build 4 Supply Ships and send them to every Lunar city?
There are 4 buildings placeable by them

Did you build 4 Supply Ships and send them to every Lunar city?
There are 4 buildings placeable by them

I think my problem is that I don't meet the conditions for having a lunar city. if this lunar city is supposed to be on the moon then I don't think i do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am building lots of supply ship an launching them. Thanks raxo!

My most recent save. Wondering if it has something to do with my lunar terrain, or the number of cities on my map? I have the feeling it is something obvious that I am not doing. I am still having lots of fun playing this game but would really like to build cities off of Earth.

Attachments

• OskChfSpace1 September 13, AD-1990.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.7 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
My most recent save. Wondering if it has something to do with my lunar terrain, or the number of cities on my map? I have the feeling it is something obvious that I am not doing. I am still having lots of fun playing this game but would really like to build cities off of Earth.
Did you connect Iron, Bauxite and Titanum mines to lunar cities?

]Did you connect Iron, Bauxite and Titanum mines to lunar cities?

By "lunar cities" what do you mean? I only have cities on Earth. I think bauxite might be my problem. thanks!

Last edited:
]Did you connect Iron, Bauxite and Titanum mines to lunar cities?

By "lunar cities" what do you mean? I only have cities on Earth. I think bauxite might be my problem. thanks!
Bauxite isn't problem, because you didn't touch space at first place.
I wrote pedia entries on space units to help with early space colonization!

1. Build space stations on Orbit and upgrade them to level 3 with Space Shuttles and Heavy Rockets
2. Build Lunar Outposts on Moon near Titanum, Bauxite or Iron (Constructor Ship can upgrade to Bulldozer, that can build mines) - you need those resources!
3. Send Heavy Rockets to upgrade them to Cislunar, Lunar and Planetary settlers.
4. Lunar settlers can settle on Lunar Outpost or its upgrades.
5. Send supply ships to Lunar cities to build special buildings.
Eventually you can build space settler units in space.

You are in Transhuman era - if you did read pedia unit descriptions you would have space colonies in entire solar system.

Also press "quote" button if you want to quote someone

Last edited:
Top Bottom