1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Colonization modmod

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by pepper2000, Jan 22, 2016.

1. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

I like the idea of Global Governance referring to political globalization (e.g. United Nations) and the current Globalization tech being more about economics, since there is a lot of material at Globalization right now.

raxo2222 likes this.
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

How do we make this distinction apparent to the player?

3. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

Could perhaps rename the "Globalization" tech to something more specific, such as "Globalized Economics" or "Multinational Corporations".

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's a start. I like Global Economics because otherwise you'd expect new corporation dynamics to open up. Maybe eventually it could but for now that's asking for game rule changes in an area scheduled for a lot of other changes to come someday so should be bundled into a larger project. But I say it's a start because we should then look at the stuff those techs open up and make sure the content is reflective of this recasting of the techs.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I looked at Marvel's universe.
    Transcendent era civilization had way too much fun creating it.
    Can we have Transcendent world wonder, that essentially recreates such multiverse?

Can we make use of empty tech - Nanopunk, that is in Nanotech era - for discovering various anomalies in microscale hinting possibility of warp drive, stable exotic atoms, cold fusion and some other things?
    Essentially Nanopunk bonuses would be increase in culture/science/great person generation.
    Also space units, that are producible on earth would get extra range simulating increased focus on space program.

This thread can be renamed to General Future Eras Discussions or something like that - essentially it is about manipulation of matter, energy, space, time and reality starting with simple stuff of Industrial era.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

7. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

There is The Omniverse, which becomes available at the end of the tree at Alpha Point. Are you thinking of something else?

I've wondered what the Nanopunk tech was intended for. Anyone know who created it and what the plan for it was?

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It was part of the whole punk scheme Hydro and others generated and was intended to allow for creativity to fill in the gaps, appropriately for the era, whenever inspiration struck.

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I know I meant it is whole multiverse, that could be created by advanced civilization.
    Any other fiction multiverse fits too.
    It was example of engineered multiverse for Transcendent era.
    Essentially Transcendent era is full creativity freedom both for modders and for civilization :p

Yes, smaller version of this project with single multiverse inspired by civilizations cultural legacy.

There could regular buildings: be Fantasy Universe in unobservable universe and Fantasy Multiverse in hyperspace.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  10. Esfera

Esfera Chieftain

Tech Suggestion:
    Plasteel (Late Information - Early Nanotech)
    Present in: Star Wars, Dune and Rimworld.

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

This is too early time period to have materials from fiction.
    Eras up to Nanotech may use only known and proven mainstream physics.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  12. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Chieftain

Plasteel is also present in Stellaris is as a mid-late tech. So it would correspond to the galactic era in C2C.

raxo2222 likes this.
  13. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Civilizations in those "universes" he mentioned also are in Galactic era too.

Probably there are multigalactic civilizations in fiction.
    Cosmic era has three phases: Local Group, Supercluster and Universal.
    Just like Galactic has Interstellar, Orion Arm and Milky Way phases.
    There are some pretty pics (Linked one is huge).
    There is Laniakea Supercluster - Virgo Supercluster and few others are part of it.
    It would be right in between second and third stage of Cosmic era civilization.
    Now it is represented in such way, that you finish colonizing Virgo Superercluster and then suddenly you colonize rest of Laniakea Supercluster before going for other megaclusters.

I found some examples of what could be Local Group civilizations, but not Supercluster ones.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  14. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Chieftain

raxo2222 likes this.
  15. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

On my list.

I will agree that Plasteel, if we should include it, should come at the end of the Nanotech Era at the earliest and probably not until the Galactic Era. It's on my list but I will have to figure out what to do with it.

KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

In this fanfiction civilization is type VI on beginning of Transcedant era and type Omega when you finish tech tree.
    Type VII is when you research space/time transcendence.
    Cosmic era contains whole two classes.
    Transcendent era covers 3 classes.

That is there could be some nice ideas for Galactic and later eras.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

@pepper2000 you forgot to add iWorkableRadius to one of Lunar and Titanic buildings.

18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

@pepper2000 I discovered something neat: you can leave 3 Nanotech era techs - Planetary Colonization/Extraction/Manufacturing and research all others before going to Transhuman era.
    This means you can safely focus on Moon only during Nanotech era.

Also don't forget to add to some Moon and Titan building ability to work on third ring - all other map categories have such building.

19. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

I'm not sure I like that. Colonizing Mars is one of the most important aspects of the Nanotech Era, so maybe we should make it harder to postpone those techs.

The Lunar Arcology should allow the expanded radius; I just forgot to add that. As for Titan, a lot more material is needed there in general and eventually I will get around to planning it out.

raxo2222 likes this.
  20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Venus is postponable to Transhuman era too.
    Maybe you should add Planetary Colonization/Extraction/Manufacturing to certain techs in Nanotech era in such wat that there won't be tech redundancies.

Titan could use some placeholder building for now - that is one of existing buildings can expand work radius for now.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018