1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Colonization modmod

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by pepper2000, Jan 22, 2016.

1. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

I designed the space units on the assumption that there would be a continuous path of Cislunar -> Inner Solar System -> Outer Solar System -> Transneptunian -> Transtellar -> Orion Arm -> Milk Way/extragalactic -> etc. I did not anticipate needed to pass over another planet Earth-like planet to get out of the Inner/Outer Solar System.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  2. Snofru1

Snofru1 Chieftain

A small corridor of solar system outer space through the alien moon and earth did work. So it might be a solution to change the map by not wrapping this moon and earth around the full map but having some space at the side of it.

Another issue comes to mind:

Settling Venus and Mercury doesn´t work on my map, too. The problem is that you need a Planetary Settler which cannot be built on earth and also cannot travel across earth (maybe it should!). To build one you need to have a cislunar city between earth and venus which can be built by a Cislunar Settler which in turn can be built with the help of another space station that needs to be constructed on this side of earth. The problem is that there is no cislunar space in this area so the cislunar city can never be built there (leading to no Planetary Settlers). I helped myself by adding some cislunar space with worldbuilder.
    Sorry if this sounds confusing but it definitely is complicated!

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  3. tmv

tmv Chieftain

Wait for Deep Space Settlers - they can colonize Venus (and you don't need anything Venusian for Cislunar Economy).

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

@pepper2000 what about enabling trade on space terrains as you get certian techs?
    <TerrainTrades>
    <TerrainTrade>
    <TerrainType>TERRAIN_LAKE_SHORE</TerrainType>
    <bTerrainTrade>1</bTerrainTrade>
    </TerrainTrade>
    </TerrainTrades>
    Those techs would be somewhere after you can colonize given regions.
    That is Orbit -> Cislunar -> Inner Solar System -> Outer Solar System -> Transneptunian ->Transtellar -> Orion Arm -> Milky Way -> Local Group -> Virgo Supercluster -> Observable Universe -> Unobservable Universe -> Hyperspace.

5. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

I think that would be redundant, since there are techs that open routes. For example, in the solar system, you can build routes once you research Astrogation Constellation. Before that all solar system colonies are isolated when it comes to trade. Granted, some changes on routes are needed. Interstellar trade is not possible until you get to Wormhole Traversal, and I am thinking that another route should be added at Interstellar Trade.

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I meant to trade with Earth.
    Also religions could spread in space and in future various idea project stuff could happen.

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Chaos Wands?
    BRB finding planet with Medieval civilization to found Howgwarts :D

I would like animals with superpowers just like in certain wildly popular Japanese anime @pepper2000
    You can practice by making 100% functional dragons and unicorns first :):mischief:
    I guess advanced enough civilization can recreate any book or movie or game environment, that is 99.999% faithful to original.

Essentially there could be Fantasy Animals "resource" - more developed version of Mythological Bestiary creatures.
    Mythological Bestiary animals just look like animals from their myths.

I think you accidentally overrode my changes to Earth Buildings in your module
    That is Omega Assembler and few others.
    Why Chemical District no longer produces dye?

I think you used Group Wonder cost multiplier instead of World Wonder cost multiplier on Earthly world wonders.
    National Wonders are x2
    Group Wonders are x4
    World Wonders are x6
    Team Projects are x10
    I found out when I moved postmodernism column back to clean up arrows and recosted its buildings.
    Postmodernism itself doesn't have arrow leading to subsequent techs.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  8. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

I've been thinking about this. There is a lot of fantasy/mystical material in the last era, and I can see how it might not jive well with what was more of a hard sci-fi setting in the earlier eras. One solution might be to turn Mensiokinesis into an alt-timeline tech.

I'll check that. I noticed a number of changes and had tried to put all of them in my code, but maybe I missed some. Chemicals District will again produce Dye in the next update.

I'm a little confused, since it looks like in the SVN that great wonder costs were adjusted to be X4 ordinary building costs. I will investigate and fix this.

It should lead to Mass Media. I will check this too.

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Weren't only Nanotech and Transhuman be hard SF?
    Galactic would be mid SF, Cosmic - soft SF and Transcedant - Fantasy.
    That is magic is just advanced and sophisticated tech, as you see in my quote.
    Writer's guide to hardness of SF.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MohsScaleOfScienceFictionHardness

I checked those, and it appears only chemical district and omega assembler were overridden.

GROUP wonders are 4x base and World wonders are 6x base, national wonders are 2x.
    I already checked and recosted them.

It is, just that mass media had OR not AND prereq of Mass Media.
    There were some cases of redundancies and mangled arrows, which I fixed where possible.
    Postmodernism had to moved one column back.

And fixes are in SVN.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. tmv

tmv Chieftain

raxo2222 likes this.
  11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

:mwaha:

Don't worry he will return with dragon, some pokemon and cthulu :p.

tmv likes this.
  12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

There is some sort of asymptotic power usage trend.
    On start of game power usage was like in order of tens to hundreds of KW at best - 50 people using only their muscles (100 W) multiplied by number of civilizations.
    Nanotech starts at 2050 AD, and power usage is tens to hundreds TW (10^13 - 10^14 W) - 1 - 100 billion times more than in beginning of game..
    Start of Transhuman era - Kardashev I (Cislunar + Moon/Mars/Venus colonies) - 10^16 W
    Start of Galactic era - Kardashev II (Whole solar system) - 10^26 W, 10x more or less
    Start of Cosmic era - Kardashev III (Entire galaxy) - 10^36 W, 100x more or less
    Start of Transcendent era - Kardashev IV (Universe) - 10^46 W, 1000x more or less.
    End of Transcendent era - Kardashev V - Very large number up to infinity.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  13. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

@pepper2000
    Can we get Enhanced Interrogation Techniques building?
    We have Torture tech and buildings in Medieval, Roko Basilisk near end of tech tree, so in between there should be similarly cold way to "remove" unwanted citizens :mischief:
    It would decrease crime and increase espionage at cost of unhappiness.

Upgraded version could give XP to law enforcement units, be neutral for happiness or even give happiness as it gets better at making sure, that this guy is real criminal and not innocent citizen.
    Last in line could even replace violent crimes.

That is crime would be less of concern in future eras and be eventually obsoleted.
    Also high tech espionage could be fun too.

Disease, Water/Air pollution already is easy to vanish in future eras.
    Disease as property has its pseudobuildings obsoleted in Nanotech era.
    Education can be easily maxed out too.

This thread is basically related to Modern+ Era stuff.

I noticed, that one of civics - Paradise (Welfare) unlocks Park Arcology building, that is needed to build Cyber Chloroplastida Bloom.
    Shouldn't be it unlocked by more ecofriendly economy/welfare civics?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  14. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

We can do that. Any specific ideas?

I will take a look at that.

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques:
    +10% to Espionage
    -10 Crime
    +2 Unhappiness (Extremely invasive)
    Small bonus for blocking enemy spies

Requires some tech in second half in Modern era.

AI Interrogation Techniques:
    +25% to Espionage
    -25 Crime
    +1 Unhappiness (Higher precision, uses AI and social engineering for search of criminals and enemy spies).
    +5 XP to Law Enforcement units.
    Better at blocking enemy spies
    It would be upgrade to previous building, unlocked somewhere in Nanotech era.

Ultimate Interrogation Techniques.
    +100% to Espionage
    -100 Crime
    +1 Happiness (Actively uses available techs and methods to prevent crime and enemy espionage while boosting our own)
    +10 XP to Law Enforcement units.
    Best at blocking enemy spies.
    It is upgrade for previous buildings.
    Actively replaces violent crimes - technoanarchists (best unit, that creates crime) damage is limited.
    Unlocked somewhere in Transhuman era and never obsoletes.

Pedia entry:
    This institution might bypass whatever national and international laws you have.
    Vigilantism not excluded.

First one works crudely, isn't too effective and uses actual torture.
    Second one doesn't need torture to function, but still violates privacy.
    Third one is very amusing to watch it in action. Not so amusing if you (or trough someone) are actually causing death and destruction.

You can change values if you find them too high.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I like this but it should also go hand in hand with lie detection techniques such as polygraphs and a more futuristic one that involves outright searching through a person's memories with a computer.

raxo2222 likes this.
  17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Those can be used too.

18. tmv

tmv Chieftain

Perhaps that could be made education-dependent? With highly negative education, even the first building should be "amusing", whereas with high education, the first two buildings get very disturbing, and even the last one might not be that popular - at most, a tolerated evil.

19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Well now no buildings are directly relying on presence of education.
    I think positive education pseudobuildings could give +1 Unhappiness and +1 Health.
    Negative education pseudobuildings could give +1 Happiness and +1 Unhealthiness.

That is positive education - less likely to do harmful stuff, but are more aware, that government, church and rich people aren't exactly 100% benevolent.
    Negative levels of education - more likely to do harmful stuff, but are easier to be misinformed about various things.
    Happiness/health per pop could be better thing here.
    Like 0.05 per pop for each education level.
    There are 13 levels so max cumulative change would be 0.65 per pop.
    This number can be lower though.

@pepper2000
    Fusion obsoletes all fossil fuel and few nuclear powerplants - that is they get closed before you can build fusion powerplants.
    Shouldn't be those obsoleted later?
    Fusion powerplant would simply replace all those powerplants
    You can build 3 of these, each give Power effect to all cities in same continent.
    Power effect can replace these fossil fuels and nuclear power plants, that fusion now obsoletes them.
    Similarly Teleportation tech obsoletes all infrastructure before you can build teleporters.
    It is something similar to workshop obsoleting on factory unlocking tech.

I'm searching for proxy tech redundacies.
    Chaos Theory with its prereqs managed to create at least 3 redundancies in later part of tech tree.
    Somehow Industrial/Modern techs avoided that.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    tmv likes this.
  20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

@pepper2000 there is completely unused Global Governance tech, that you can use.
    Since it isn't tied to anything you can move it to future eras too.