Space Colonization modmod

Good, but I still want to know why it didn't work originally, since it should have. Has anyone else had this issue?

I don't know. I play with Babilonia in the Classical Era with the Three Planets scenario. I have a loooooooooooooong time. :lol::lol::lol: But your mod looks very interesting, congratulations from Spain.

Good, but I still want to know why it didn't work originally, since it should have. Has anyone else had this issue?

Would suggest the MLF isn't turning on the folder that the file is within.

Would suggest the MLF isn't turning on the folder that the file is within.

It looks like it. I get that error all the time when developing, usually because I misspell a building key. But why wouldn't it load Faustmouse's lunar material, which I haven't touched? Either Sussidio inadvertently turned that off, or it wasn't loaded for some mysterious reason.

If I don't hear of that error again, I'll assume something went wrong on Sussidio's end, and it the error comes up with someone else, then I have some head scratching to do.

It looks like it. I get that error all the time when developing, usually because I misspell a building key. But why wouldn't it load Faustmouse's lunar material, which I haven't touched? Either Sussidio inadvertently turned that off, or it wasn't loaded for some mysterious reason.

If I don't hear of that error again, I'll assume something went wrong on Sussidio's end, and it the error comes up with someone else, then I have some head scratching to do.

Does your modmod replace the primary mlf file?

I think it was a rare error reading files lunar buildings . I tried using logic and fix seemed to work

Possible bug: Launch site requires 2 Martian Arcology.

Thanks; will be fixed in the next version. It is supposed to require one NASA. Change that in your own installation (Pepper2000Earth_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml, line 8003) to access the buildings that depend on the launch site.

Another possible bugs:
1) New Urbanism tech is very cheap.
2) Lunar rover can't ride upon any Lunar terrain.

1) New Urbanism tech is very cheap.

Agreed. That's something that part of the Brackenspore modmod rather than mine, but I'll get those fixed in the SVN.

2) Lunar rover can't ride upon any Lunar terrain.

The plan for the Lunar Rover is to give it a mission that launches it directly to the moon. That hasn't been implemented yet, since it will be a tricky.

I had the same problem as @Sussudio and the same fix worked for me. Just letting you know its not an isolated issue.

You can begin the head scratching.

I had the same problem as @Sussudio and the same fix worked for me. Just letting you know its not an isolated issue.

You can begin the head scratching.

Thanks for letting me know. I tried again and still can't reproduce the problem. Could I ask a favor? Please set the C2C installation to what it was before you started with my modmod, start a game, and see if you can put in a Lunar Base via WorldBuilder.

If you can't get any of the lunar buildings, then I guess there's a setting that prevents them from loading. Maybe the Faustmouse folder was turned off in Assets\Modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml? Otherwise, then I'll have to think of some other ideas.

I'm glad we at least have a functioning work-around, but I always want to know the root causes of problems because they could be symptoms of larger problems.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and are you using the SVN or the main release? And if SVN, do you know what version? I'm not sure if it matter, but it might.

As for Galaxy era. There are we need much boost to technologies and buildings. For example, Dyson sphere provides only 500 hammers, if I correct. Energy from a whole star provide only 500 hammers? That is TOO low.

CTD next turn. Post this here, because I don't know what caused a crash - modmod or main mod.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0803-Spring.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 80
  • Logs.rar
    378.7 KB · Views: 58
  • MiniDump_9229.rar
    15.3 KB · Views: 61
As for Galaxy era. There are we need much boost to technologies and buildings. For example, Dyson sphere provides only 500 hammers, if I correct. Energy from a whole star provide only 500 hammers? That is TOO low.

The game won't really be workable if buildings from all eras were really proportional in their benefits. In that case, the Dyson Sphere would be giving trillions of hammers. That said, Interstellar Colonies are not well-balanced or organized in V4, and I am working on that for V5.

CTD next turn. Post this here, because I don't know what caused a crash - modmod or main mod.

I was able to take a turn just fine, but it wouldn't load at all in the latest SVN. What version are you on?

how I can check it? I remember that it is version before implementing Dreamtime religion.
Also I used TPEHEP Solar system map

CTD after pushing "end turn button". I tried to disable animations, but it doesn't work.
I had similar crashes month ago (other game). It was caused by aircrafts. I've deleted all of them and crashes disappeared. But now I haven't any Aircrafts (no planes, helicopters only).

Still can't load save?

how I can check it? I remember that it is version before implementing Dreamtime religion.
Also I used TPEHEP Solar system map

I'm not sure, actually. And I'm worried that I may have caused a problem that would prevent it from working with the latest SVN. And you were just about to get to the space colonies, too. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem, and I don't really know how to read the log files.

Since I was able to take another turn, though, I've attached a save game from that. Hopefully it was just a one-time problem that prevented you from advancing. It would really be a shame if the game was ruined after getting so far.

Attachments

• shadowclaw_nextturn.7z
    4 MB · Views: 64
From how I understood him, it isn't necessarily a problem with your modmod, but it could well be a problem within the main mod.

Probably, since I used the same V4 of the modmod and a newer SVN of the main mod. And since there's nothing but XML in V4, I don't know how it would cause a CTD. But you never know.

Top Bottom