Spaceship Victory Modification

Keroro

Dororo: Ninja Frog
Has anyone done a tutorial on how to edit the SS victory? I haven't been able to find one in the tutorials section.

I'm doing a mod that is entirely set in the ancient world, and I've been able to work out most of the elements of the SS. I have a (poor quality :( ) picture of the world with certain cities marked up on it as the parts of the SS. I've edited the graphic files and the text files to display in an appropriate manner, but I have a problem. As you can see in this Screenshot (ignore the bit about the spy), the Components (and Modules and Structural, and the bit that says 'view space race') are listed down the left and the right - does anyone know if it is possible to move these links around?

I'm kinda expecting Mrtn to pop in and say that it's hardcoded, :) but I could have sworn that I saw a mod that had changed this.

Any help would be massively appreciated. :D

Thanks to Thunderfall's Screenshots section for the pic.

It can be edited. There are some simple pcx files to do this.

Lotm features an altered space ship. Other mods have had altered space ships too.

Juul's new version of the Danish mod has done this as a reform mandate. Downloading the deeds of the Danes is worthwhile if you want to know the way to do it, as he seems to have altered things a bit. Oh, and it's a good mod as well ;) !!

I'm not sure if I explained what I needed very well before, so I've marked the elements that I would like to move on the pics above. I can't find any files, txt or pcx, that control their placement.

I have checked quite a few mods now that alter the SS, and I can't find any that change these locations. I am beginning to assume that it is hardcoded.

:mad: If so I have to change my painstakingly put together SS victory.:mad:

Hi Keroro,

you find the spaceship graphics in the Civ 3 Vanilla folders:
Civilization III\Art\Spaceship :)

Top Bottom