Spain/inca ua, uu, & ub

btw if you play AW games, even in the early game it could get clogged due to the landmass etc. So my question is serious and I want to know how well this concept has been thought about.

Regardless of that, I won't buy DLC anyway.

Agreed. I wonder if the Liberty "Settler Production Increase" applies to the Conquistador? :D

Hah, that thought crossed my mind. Let's say it's extremely unlikely and leave it at that.

So... If I build a conquistador and later upgrade it (to a tank), then that tank will also be able to build cities?

i guess it will work like the roman legion. if you upgrade them they loose their construct roads and fortresses buttons.

While the modder in me rejoices that we can have unique improvements, and the immersion gamer in me smiles at the stylishness of the Terrace Farm, the powergamer in me cringes to see that they are so utterly, utterly bad. Along with pretty much everything in the DLC.

The only thing that has some merit is the Inca UA. Movement bonus in hills is nice and a bit less than half tile improvement cost is a bit better than Harun's ability, so overall it's an ok package assuming that Inca start in rolling hills.

Spain remains to be seen, they get pretty big bonuses in the early game with extra gold and happiness from natural wonders and they probably actively seek to settle near them. Their UU are mediocre, though, and don't compensate for the fairly weak and situational ability.

I never get to play spain a lot, bc I never like the traits

Well, it's much better too have a civ you are interested in as AI than playing it yourself, since then personality comes also into play. Or will come into play if they add noticeable personalities in this patch.

I'll add that it's not entirely recommended to play against a leader whose language you understand :p

Well, the Inca seem fine to me. They can settle regions that are worthless for other civs and their units move faster in a lot of situations. Plus you often get free roads. I'm not excited by the UU, but overall they seem ok.

Spain is just as situational as England. They are probably quite strong on terra maps, on pangea maps they suck.

Not sure if I understood it right - the Conquistador cannot settle on his own continent?

Also, is the bonus vs. cavalry kept if you upgrade a tercio to a rifleman?

How much does the archer cost? is 70 for the slinger the same price as the archer?

EDIT: yep, same cost.

hmm it would be interesting to know if the movement reduction of Inca applies to workers too.
One of the strengths of Indian workers in CIV were that you could start improvements on some tiles (forest etc) the turn you went there. I know the tile improvements are in CiV weaker, but it's spared 1turn for each hill improvement.

edit:
that spain's musket based UU doesn't seem that bad if you lack iron you have basically LS instead.

I relay hope the changes in the tech tree will give some unit a longer life time... Like the musket and ironclad.

The spain UA is pretty weak as it is and even weaker on Diety level as the AI will get more units to explore with than you and will find the NW earlier...
Spain doesnt seem good at all, the musket is alright but the rest is pretty bad, Inca on the other hand might be pretty good. That extra food could in some maps be pretty easy to get.

in one of the screenshots it's written: "play as many times as you like: the map of America changes each time you start a new game."

what does it mean? are there two maps merged somehow? or is it a partially random map? i'm intrigued @_@

I'll add that it's not entirely recommended to play against a leader whose language you understand :p

Oh, I don't know. Bismarck is actually quite funny when he's making you an offer you can't refuse or he's sulking with his back turned. A bit like a mix between your old grandpa and a four-year-old boy you took his toy horse from.

Oh, I don't know. Bismarck is actually quite funny when he's making you an offer you can't refuse or he's sulking with his back turned. A bit like a mix between your old grandpa and a four-year-old boy you took his toy horse from.

He's waiting for the cabbage to ferment - implied threat. :eek:

Rat

Wow.

Power-wise I don't know how these guys rate (yet), but the unique improvement and Conquistador are just so creative that I'm probably buying these civs.

Well done on the design, IMO.

Top Bottom