Spain

How much gold/faith are you supposed to get when a city with a mission grows? because I'm pretty sure I only get 1 of each, and that feels rather underpowered.

How much gold/faith are you supposed to get when a city with a mission grows? because I'm pretty sure I only get 1 of each, and that feels rather underpowered.

Maybe is the same mistake as with the celts pantheon.

I just captured a city of Spain [as Mongolia], it had 0 followers of Isabellas religion before, and after I captured it, it got 8 followers of their religion. Is this supposed to happen?

Then I misunderstood the description of the leader ability of Isabella. I thought only if Isabella conquered a city, it would convert to her religion but not if I conquer the city as her enemy ...

I just captured a city of Spain [as Mongolia], it had 0 followers of Isabellas religion before, and after I captured it, it got 8 followers of their religion. Is this supposed to happen?

Then I misunderstood the description of the leader ability of Isabella. I thought only if Isabella conquered a city, it would convert to her religion but not if I conquer the city as her enemy ...

Odd. I'll take a look.
G

Sooo, does anyone else think Spain is a bit OP right now?

Played several games on continents, and as soon as conquistadors are online, I buy several of them. There is always enough unused land to place 10 to 20 cities on a large map. The problem is that it happens extremely fast. Once you have a conquistador on another continent/island, just found a city, buy a new one, and get a new city within 2-4 turns.

The liberty finisher gives you enough gold to pay for a conquistador with 3 citizens being born.
That conquistador then pretty much instantly gives you a new city with 3 pop, and 10 buildings.

It's insanely easy to get a huge lead on the land, pop, production and crop yield demos.

Sooo, does anyone else think Spain is a bit OP right now?

Played several games on continents, and as soon as conquistadors are online, I buy several of them. There is always enough unused land to place 10 to 20 cities on a large map. The problem is that it happens extremely fast. Once you have a conquistador on another continent/island, just found a city, buy a new one, and get a new city within 2-4 turns.

The liberty finisher gives you enough gold to pay for a conquistador with 3 citizens being born.
That conquistador then pretty much instantly gives you a new city with 3 pop, and 10 buildings.

It's insanely easy to get a huge lead on the land, pop, production and crop yield demos.

I personally don't play islandmaps so my opinion on the matter doesn't really matter. However I think the Conquistador settling ability is kinda weird and I really don't feel like they need it. Kinda like the Roman Legion and their roadbuilding, it is just there for flavor and surely it can be removed without hurting the general balance.

You can make a perfectly balanced game easily, if you remove everything fun and historically accurate.

I was thinking more along the lines of "conquistadors can only be bought from the starting continent."

You can make a perfectly balanced game easily, if you remove everything fun and historically accurate.

I was thinking more along the lines of "conquistadors can only be bought from the starting continent."

I just don't want to see their combat abilities go down or price go up just because of some stupid roleplaying effect.

The time is near when civ5 will become only a wargame more than a civilization simulator :)

I can't understand why, in name of 'I only want to be able to kill and capture cities', all STUPID !? roleplaying would be completly eradiqued to balance all the number like in an excel worksheet.

It's a GAME, let a part making dreaming, wanting to balance all at the exact unit in each domain will produce only a boring game where at a certain point of game all civs will have exactly the same gameplay.

Don't know if it is possible but if yes settling ability from conquistador could be deplaced on caravels (by the UA perhaps).

The time is near when civ5 will become only a wargame more than a civilization simulator :)

I can't understand why, in name of 'I only want to be able to kill and capture cities', all STUPID !? roleplaying would be completly eradiqued to balance all the number like in an excel worksheet.

It's a GAME, let a part making dreaming, wanting to balance all at the exact unit in each domain will produce only a boring game where at a certain point of game all civs will have exactly the same gameplay.

Don't know if it is possible but if yes settling ability from conquistador could be deplaced on caravels (by the UA perhaps).

Well, first of all because the conquistador ability is useless on most maps, as they only have one continent. Second of all because it is a combat unit, if we wanted to give spain a unique explorer or a unique settler we could, but this is a knight.

I agree with that, it's a combat unit so it must have combat specificity. But settling in far lands by sea is an important part of the history of at least Spain, Portugal, England and France.

I agree with that, it's a combat unit so it must have combat specificity. But settling in far lands by sea is an important part of the history of at least Spain, Portugal, England and France.

I love how you left out the biggest colonizer of them all :D.
Anyways I don't see how Spain needs a specific unit-settler hybrid when neither Portugal England or France have one.
I would also point out that colonization isn't exactly a civilization trait of the European colony powers, it was more of a consequence of resources and development of technology that actually made it possible, I'm sure Harun al-rashid or Shaka would have done the exact same thing if they were in the position to do so.

Well, first of all because the conquistador ability is useless on most maps, as they only have one continent.

:confused:

I can't remember the last time I had a one-continent map.

I'd like to propose higher yields on growth from missions. As they stand now, the bonus is very meager, usually being some 20 gold or so and like 5 faith. Growth should be something you're rewarded for while using missions. Right now, it just feels like the game's throwing a couple pennies at your face while you're making hundreds. Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Last time I got around to trying Spain out I never managed to gather how much I received from the mission. Exact numbers and how they scale would be nice (if Gazebo could tell or someone could datamine it or something)

Top Bottom