• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Specific Bug Reports

Finally got the dll file installed properly and is now running with Modern Warfare mod -- but got two asserts, as follows:

Assert Failed

File: .\CvTeam.cpp
Line: 3968
Expression: ePlayer >= 0
Message: eIndex is expected to be non-negative (invalid Index)

Assert Failed

File: .\CvGame.cpp
Line: 6050
Expression: getBuildingClassCreatedCount(eIndex) <= GC.getBuildingClassInfo(eIndex).getMaxGlobalInstances()
Message: Index is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)

Both occurred while loading the mod and my scenario, after selecting the empire to be played on Warlord's menu. I had launched the game directly from my WB file.

Finally got the dll file installed properly and is now running with Modern Warfare mod -- but got two asserts, as follows:

Assert Failed

File: .\CvTeam.cpp
Line: 3968
Expression: ePlayer >= 0
Message: eIndex is expected to be non-negative (invalid Index)

This one is caused by a negative player index for a tech. Check your scenario file, you must have a typo on the player number you are giving a tech to.

Assert Failed

File: .\CvGame.cpp
Line: 6050
Expression: getBuildingClassCreatedCount(eIndex) <= GC.getBuildingClassInfo(eIndex).getMaxGlobalInstances()
Message: Index is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)

Both occurred while loading the mod and my scenario, after selecting the empire to be played on Warlord's menu. I had launched the game directly from my WB file.

The second one is cased by having more buildings than are legal for the XML. So, for example, if you give two civs the Pentagon, since in XML it says there should be only one. To avoid this error, you either need to change the XML, to make it legal to have more buildings, or change your scenario to only have the legal number of each building.

Take a look in Civ4BuildingClassInfos.xml

-Iustus

The second one is cased by having more buildings than are legal for the XML. So, for example, if you give two civs the Pentagon, since in XML it says there should be only one. To avoid this error, you either need to change the XML, to make it legal to have more buildings, or change your scenario to only have the legal number of each building.

Take a look in Civ4BuildingClassInfos.xml

-Iustus

When the happens does it screw up the AI's logic then, or does the game just go on?

When the happens does it screw up the AI's logic then, or does the game just go on?

To the extent that the AI might have some wrong thinking, it should be minor. It is entirely possible that there would be no problems at all, but I could not guarantee it.

The main thing with wonders, is whether you can build them or not, and in such a case, where you just gave multiple people the same wonder, it would still be the case that no one could build another. So that part should be working fine.

Now, if a city that has one gets razed, the right thing should happen, and I think it does, but that is the kind of problem you run into when you construct an invalid scenario.

I would say there is a 95&#37; chance you are totally fine by placing more wonders than are valid, but there is still that 5% chance that something weird could happen.

Wonders are both tracked by how many are currently active and how many have ever been built. I am not sure to what extent that information is in the WB scenario file (there is definitely a lot of information lost going from a save game to a WB scenario file). If it is in the scenario file, you will want to be careful about adding and then removing wonders in worldbuilder, so this number gets out of sync, if you want the players to be able to build that wonder.

The best solution would be to mod the XML, but if you want to make a stand alone scenario, without its own XML, but using existing XML mod, I can see why this would not be an option.

I do not know what happens if you capture a city that has a 'world wonder' with a global effect (like the pentagon or statue of liberty) when you already possess such a wonder, but I suspect that you get a doubling of the effect (at least in some cases). The Three Gorges Dam would not have an doubling effect, because power is on or off, but having two pentagons might give you double the experience bonus.

This is the one purpose of each civ wonders, such as Wall Street or Oxford. These will be automatically destroyed when you capture an enemy city, so you do not get a double effect. If you are creating your own XML, then perhaps what you really want is a new each player wonder that has the same effect as an existing world wonder.

From the AI perspective, for the most part, the only consideration when looking at a city is whether it has active wonders, not much evaluation beyond that when picking a city target, so nothing should go wrong there.

Now if you want the AI to be smart enough to know it can raze a city with the Three Gorges Dam because it already has the bonus, it will likely see the city has an active wonder and probably keep the city.

-Iustus

Assert Failed

File: .\CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 2743
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0
Message: info type AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_VASSAL not found, Current XML file is: Misc/Civ4TutorialInfos.xml

----------------------------------------------------------
Click the Upgrade to Longbow button in the selected stack and then end the turn.

Attachments

• assert_failed_ln2743.CivWarlordsSave
    193.4 KB · Views: 90
I forgot to mention in my previous post, I am playing with jayrugh's unaltered gameplay mod. If this turns out to be a cause of the assert, I'll switch back to standard warlords, at least until the first stable release comes out.

Assert Failed

Line: 1983
Expression: iDiplomacyNum > -1

To duplicate:
1) Trade Peace Treaty and Capitulation from Mansa Musa
2) Without closing the diplomacy window, click on Silk in the Trade items from Mansa.

Attachments

• assert_failed_ln1983.CivWarlordsSave
    212.5 KB · Views: 62
Assert Failed

File: .\CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 11155
Expression: !(pBestPlot->isImpassable())

Occurs on 1982AD turn during AI movement.
Can't upload b/c exceeds forum limit -- will email upon request.

Assert Failed

Can you post the save using the easy upload system?

-Iustus

Assert Failed

Line: 11040
2/9 build

Assert Failed

I have not seen the save yet, but this one is caused by a spy trying to path over a peak (or some feature marked impassible, like ice).

Assert Failed

Line: 11040
2/9 build

This one is nearly the same, except is a missionary trying to path over a peak (or some impassable feature such as ice).

Are you playing with some other mod in addition? One that either adds some impassable features or that allows some units to path over peaks? Some mod which causes ice to form where it did not exist before? A new zamboni unit?

I really would like a save that does this, especially if you are not using any other mod.

-Iustus

Hi Iustus, Blake anyone, else playing betterAI..did anyone play with RAGING BARBARIANS options enabled? i get a CTD either on map creation or first couple of turns..can anyone second this?

I tested for some time with the 2/9 build, no problems with raging barbarians.

-Iustus

This one is nearly the same, except is a missionary trying to path over a peak (or some impassable feature such as ice).

Are you playing with some other mod in addition? One that either adds some impassable features or that allows some units to path over peaks? Some mod which causes ice to form where it did not exist before? A new zamboni unit?

I really would like a save that does this, especially if you are not using any other mod.

-Iustus

I am not using a mod, end turn to get error. Here is the save:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/110389/Golden_Dragon_1.CivWarlordsSave

Assert Failed

Line: 2743
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0
Message: info type AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_VASSAL not found, Current XML file is: Misc/Civ4TutorialInfos.xml

Click the Upgrade to Longbow button in the selected stack and then end the turn.

This one is caused by a flaw in the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml that is part of jrayUGH mod. It is actually missing the AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_VASSAL diplomacy info entry. This means that the AI tries to offer someone to be their vassal (not in war), and it fails because the XML does not have that sort of diplomacy info.

I forgot to mention in my previous post, I am playing with jayrugh's unaltered gameplay mod. If this turns out to be a cause of the assert, I'll switch back to standard warlords, at least until the first stable release comes out.

Assert Failed

Line: 1983
Expression: iDiplomacyNum > -1

To duplicate:
1) Trade Peace Treaty and Capitulation from Mansa Musa
2) Without closing the diplomacy window, click on Silk in the Trade items from Mansa.

This one is similar, this time USER_DIPLOCOMMENT_VASSAL_TRIBUTE is missing from the same file.

It appears in both cases that someone converted the Vanilla file to Warlords without adding in the new diplomacy trades possible with warlords. If you run these mods, you will never get spontaneous offers for vassalship or capitulation, because the diplomacy infos for them do not exist. (They will try, but it fails along the way).

This is from the file, giving the people to contact for a fix:
Part of: jrayActualQuotes-v208a (diplomacy text with actual quotes from leaders)
jrayUGH-v208b (jray's Unaltered Gameplay Hodgepodge)
Based on: ActualQuotes(Willowmound)-v3.5 ("Diplomacy text: ActualQuotes for Warlords", http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181857)

-Iustus

This is from the file, giving the people to contact for a fix:
-Iustus

Got it, thanks. I'll try to fix it in my next jrayUGH version. Nice to see folks using my modpack, but sorry for the extra traffic in asserts :).

FYI, I was just about to report the same thing. When this happens, the AI still contacts you, but all you see is their generic greeting (as if you had just clicked on their name to contact them). But if you know what's going on, you will notice the Vassal State option is enabled.

I haven't gotten around to testing whether this occurs without Better AI-- I'm curious, have you determined that?

Assert Failed

I could not duplicate this. Did you accept the war declaration or deny it? What other actions did you take? If you can load your save, and duplicate the problem, please upload a save that is right before end turn, so I can get the same behavior. (Or describe what you did, exactly, in the order of each unit you moved).

-Iustus

Got it, thanks. I'll try to fix it in my next jrayUGH version. Nice to see folks using my modpack, but sorry for the extra traffic in asserts :).

FYI, I was just about to report the same thing. When this happens, the AI still contacts you, but all you see is their generic greeting (as if you had just clicked on their name to contact them). But if you know what's going on, you will notice the Vassal State option is enabled.

I haven't gotten around to testing whether this occurs without Better AI-- I'm curious, have you determined that?

It should still happen without BetterAI, as it is clearly missing XML. You just will not get any warning. (Running the same save without BetterAI probably wont do it in the same place, unless you really lucky and the randoms line up).

It seems clear that the new diplomacy infos are missing, someone converted from a Vanilla mod and left them out. It probably would not be a bad idea to use a comparison utility like WinMerge to check all your XML files vs the default ones in Warlords to see if something new was left out.

There is at least one new thing in warlords in python as well, the gold from pillaging is now in python, so you might want to check people that mod that python file to make sure they included the changes as well.

-Iustus

Top Bottom