1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Specific Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by Iustus, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

The AD code is more correct this time. I added more functionality in the modcomp then I have/had in AND. ;)

2. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

It's strange that you don't update your own mod with your modcomp. :D

3. Afforess

Too many other features to add; it'd be 5 minutes I don't have, for functionality that isn't that earthshattering. ;)

4. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

In CvCityAI::AI_chooseProduction(), the following code is involved in deciding whether the AI should build a worker.
    Code:
    if (bDanger && (iExistingWorkers == 0) && (isCapital() || (iNeededWorkers > 0) || (iNeededSeaWorkers > iExistingSeaWorkers)))
    Maybe I just don't understand the strategy that the AI is using here, but I'm pretty sure that should be "!bDanger". I don't think the AI wants to build a worker as a response to being in danger.

[edit]
    Or maybe I'm wrong about this... is the AI choosing to build a worker because it expects improvements to be pillaged? I guess I should just not post "bug reports" until I properly understand what's going on.

5. Afforess

Yeah, it should be a !bDanger.

6. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

think the early warplans are just a byproduct of jdog's changes to CvTeamAI::AI_isLandTarget, and you can keep this from happening by adding a true to the argument list when using that function in doWar, that way you actually save cpu cycles.

Code:
                                                    if ((iPass > 1) || AI_isLandTarget((TeamTypes)iI[B], true[/B]) || AI_isAnyCapitalAreaAlone() || GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iI).AI_isAnyMemberDoVictoryStrategyLevel4())
                                                    {
                                                        if ((iPass > 0) || (AI_calculateAdjacentLandPlots((TeamTypes)iI) >= ((getTotalLand() * AI_maxWarMinAdjacentLandPercent()) / 100)) || GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iI).AI_isAnyMemberDoVictoryStrategyLevel4())
                                                        {
                                                            iValue = AI_startWarVal((TeamTypes)iI);

if( iValue > 0 && gTeamLogLevel >= 2 )
                                                            {
                                                                logBBAI("      Team %d (%S) considering starting TOTAL warplan with team %d with value %d on pass %d with %d adjacent plots", getID(), GET_PLAYER(getLeaderID()).getCivilizationDescription(0), iI, iValue, iPass, AI_calculateAdjacentLandPlots((TeamTypes)iI) );
                                                            }

if (iValue > iBestValue)
                                                            {
                                                                iBestValue = iValue;
                                                                eBestTeam = ((TeamTypes)iI);
                                                            }
                                                        }
                                                    }
    Code:
                                            if (AI_isLandTarget((TeamTypes)iI[B], true[/B]) || (AI_isAnyCapitalAreaAlone() && GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iI).AI_isAnyCapitalAreaAlone()))
                                            {
                                                if (GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iI).getDefensivePower() < ((iOurPower * AI_limitedWarPowerRatio()) / 100))
                                                {
                                                    iValue = AI_startWarVal((TeamTypes)iI);

if( iValue > 0 && gTeamLogLevel >= 2 )
                                                    {
                                                        logBBAI("      Team %d (%S) considering starting LIMITED warplan with team %d with value %d", getID(), GET_PLAYER(getLeaderID()).getCivilizationDescription(0), iI, iValue );
                                                    }

if (iValue > iBestValue)
                                                    {
                                                        FAssert(!AI_shareWar((TeamTypes)iI));
                                                        iBestValue = iValue;
                                                        eBestTeam = ((TeamTypes)iI);
                                                    }
                                                }
                                            }
    I think dogpile warplans should still be possible, very early.

7. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Ok this is a stupid question. I tried to compile including this code, but apparently getAdditionalHealthByBuilding() and getAdditionalHappinessByBuilding() 'does not take 1 arguments'. The functions seem to require three arguments, the latter two of which are "int& iGood, int& iBad". I have no idea what to put for these arguments to make it compile. Please help!

8. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

You're obviously using Better BTS AI, which does not include the updated BULL code required for this.
    iHappyAdjust += getAdditionalHappinessByBuilding(getProductionBuilding());
    can be replaced by
    int iGood = 0; int iBad = 0;
    iHappyAdjust += getAdditionalHappinessByBuilding(getProductionBuilding(), iGood, iBad);

9. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

You're right, that works. Thanks.

10. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

You have no idea how happy it makes me that Better AI was able to make use of those functions from BULL. :D While they were very "simple" to write, it took a lot of time to track down all the sources from the XMLs, processBuilding(), etc. :eek:

11. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

I think I've found a bug with Better AI. I'm playing with v 1.01f, BUG 4.4 and my own mod which just adds new units/techs etc... In two consecutive games I discover a tech and am unable to trade it away, once with Theology and once with Education. When I press the F4 key it shows that the OTHER AIs "Can't Trade" even though they have the prereqs (I can check using Ctrl-Alt-L) - when I switch to the other AI it shows that my Civ "Can't Trade". It's like it's applying the Tech Monopoly AI code to the human player. I can supply a save game if needed.

12. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Check in the xml if the tech has <bTrade>0</bTrade>.

13. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

It's set to 1 as it should be and I can trade the tech later on. I'm thinking this has something to do with the tech diffusion code in Better AI. It seems to be applying some of the AI tech trade code to the human player. If I turn tech diffusion off and load the game would I be effectively backing out? Will try that later today.

14. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

Never mind - looks like I bulbed Education and the game doesn't allow you to trade a tech you bulb on the turn you bulb it.