Spell reworking for FF

There should be a magic missles spell for Force magic. I don't really care how, I just love magic missles :lol:

A lv1 spell that's capable of direct damage would be really nice.

Force1 used to be exactly that. It was moved to Force2 so that it could be made more effective and so that Accelerate could be added in the Force1 slot (Haste for certain non-living units - Golems and Siege).

There absolutely must be a nuke spell. Something that helps speed up the end game.

I'm not a huge fan of the spells being randomly picked though. If I want a combat mage I want a combat mage, I don't want to have to flip a coin or especially end up with a mage that has fireball and, say, hope.

There absolutely must be a nuke spell. Something that helps speed up the end game.

I'm not a huge fan of the spells being randomly picked though. If I want a combat mage I want a combat mage, I don't want to have to flip a coin or especially end up with a mage that has fireball and, say, hope.

Either a nuke spell or ritual would be awesome!

A magic nuke would be great, and there really is a shortage of actual magical direct damage. A magical ICBM could perhaps work like the nukes in startcraft. Some city has to build a ritual and then your mage has to get next to the target and actually cast the thing.

In any case it would be fun and hopefully serve some gameplay purpose (other then just a big cool looking explosion).

A magic nuke would be great, and there really is a shortage of actual magical direct damage. A magical ICBM could perhaps work like the nukes in startcraft. Some city has to build a ritual and then your mage has to get next to the target and actually cast the thing.

In any case it would be fun and hopefully serve some gameplay purpose (other then just a big cool looking explosion).

it's very very powerful, though. massive, massive damage and kills tons of people. should not be easy to make.

what if it were a built item that a unit could carry around. item lets bearer cast a spell. (sort of like infernal grimoire).

spell removes the item promotion (ie, consumes item), summons a 2-range magical "ICBM". that way you have to get pretty close, but they're manufactured in the city.

what school of magic should this be associated with? maybe require multiple schools? certainly the production of it could be sped up by multiple kinds of mana.

If there's going to be a raise land spell (and there should be), there must also be one to remove peaks. Being able to create unremovable peaks would be a huge problem.

Also, can I suggest calling the spell "Move Mountains" Raise Land sounds a bit mundane

What about a spell to lower terrains?

So how goes it Thunder? Despite squabbling here I'm looking forward to this, should you choose to continue on it. :D

If there are magical nukes they should work like the default civ4 ones, as the AI understands those fairly well.

Top Bottom