** SPOILER ** B in a 3MC

I suppose how far you research depends on how far the others make you research.

The bonus with knights is the extra MP. I agree for their cost its not worth mass building them but i always liked to have 1 or 2 groups of knights for attacks behind the lines.

Could you post a screenie next time, i'd like to see your position

Here, all 3 cities are on standard grass, very few BG's around. I'll take advantage of every plain tile I can find since they are more easily worked than grasses - and so far there are very very few bgs among them.

The map is small, so I doubt that even a very stubborn man will find a lot of use to researching to cavalry. Researching to knights might be worth it, but then I'll take 2 legions anyways. I've said it and I'll repeat my game plan: hordes. Masses. Legions. I'll get monarchy to be able to cash-rush, and I'll cash rush everything from there. Cities need to reach 6, 8 or 10 spt for legions. 10 spt cities will short-rush legions for one turn less, 5 spt towns for 3 turns. A few core cities will keep making settlers and workers all along the game and these new cities will keep making legions. I'm seriously considering a more ICS type of layout, outside the core. Eventually this can become a problem if they out-tech me enough, but I plan on making my numbers decisive.

If the tech tree gets raced I'll do what I must to hinder them. There is only so much you can do against pillage by stacks of 3 defense units.

I need to road my way to an opponent to send the hurt where it belongs. And then I'll play safe, stack up large numbers of troops and take advantage of my military trait.

Attachments

• 3MC-01.jpg
    3MC-01.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 234
No doubt legions are a tricky unit to deal with with that defence of theres. Should be interesting to watch those hoards grow. I just hope the mapmaker left some iron nearby;)

It's been a really long time but this game has picked up pace again.

Here's the current situation:

- 2 FP + BG + hills locations nearby
- Craptastic capital
- Scout that hasn't found anything of late
- Opponents both have 2 towns

My capital will have 2 plains irrigated to sport 5spt. Without gran, that's 5*10 shields every 2 growth, id est archer + settler. I'll make 2 warriors + settler for the first 2 cycles to pull out more scouting. This settler and the next will be stand-alone, then I'll have the tiles worked up. After that it's all archers.

From that point every bit of juice will go into my flood plain cities: food is power and there's my food. I am almost at IW, I'll send a settler for iron ASAP. I'll also make some spears for the occasion - it's THAT special.

Attachments

• ggg.GIF
    ggg.GIF
    64.4 KB · Views: 207
In hindsight I think I got lucky finding these spots to settle, otherwise my early barrack would have cost me a lot in terms of scouting and 1gpt. But as it is I don't regret it at all because once I'm set up, I'll have vet archers pouring out and that's worth it.

Looks like your plan is coming along then :)

Also my food spots are low in shields and have no forests, so granaries would only be hassles. Icouldn't get settlers out in 4 turns unless I mine every tile around my capital and that's way too many worker turns.

I wonder if they are doing anything "standard" like pottery first, build a settler or two and then granaries, reg warriors, 2-3 reg spears ...
I hope my early archer spree will prove its worth against both barbs and the scouts from my partners. I don't plan to go for an ultra early archer rush but a pillage taskforce of 2-3 spears and 4-5 archers certainly could hurt them. Since they visibly didn't get raxes early, supposing we have similar starts, I'll just go ahead and suppose that I'll have the upper hand in troop HPs early on.

I'll need a substitute while I'm I'm out in the blue biking down to Florida.

Anyone want a shot?

just bring a laptop and wireless with you ;)

i would but ive already looked in the other spoiler thread- as will quite a lot of people here i imagine. maybe try at cdz?

I could ask a friend of mine, but he is ideologically against micro, so this could go South fast :lol:

Wazaaaaa ! I have iron at my doorstep and my capital can make 10 turns sword / settler. That ain't much, but it's a start. I'm researching pottery in hopes of bettering that. I haven't counted yet though. With iron, I'll expand much more agressively and I'll build an interstate super highway to my closest neighbor.

Tubs has told me he scouted up to my place but didn't want to declare so he bailed out.

Dave has scouted me fully but has not declared :gripe:

I have found Dave and taken a city of his: 4/4 warrior defeated a 3/3 fortified warrior, going elite at 4/5. This puts me in a most likely lead by 1 or 2 towns over them, but for how long ...

That being said, I'll try and push my luck in there, abandoning that city if anything shows up. Will send a 3-4 legionnaries contingent ASAP to see if I can pull a quick crippling there.

WE GOT A NEW TURN !!! [party]

So this is 1725BC, I wonder how far along yours is, Robi.

The captured town still stands unchallenged. This is enough payback for one day. I'll whip a spear and another one, and another ...

Right now he very well could screw me over if he had something coming from the side but so far as he knows, I don't have legionnaries coming up. I'll be ready when he sends his troops this way. I'm thinking of making myself a nice little core while I build a road all the way east to his South. With a road I can resupply my troops faster than his gallic can run.

I also have horses at my doorstep, which is very incredibly generous of mr mapmaker. Combined arms it is. Masonry next, then I'll do HBR and maths. After that, Monarchy if I think the game will last long enough. Otherwise I'll just bury myself in unit costs.

Attachments

• 3MC-02.jpg
    3MC-02.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 211
WE GOT A NEW TURN !!! [party]

So this is 1725BC, I wonder how far along yours is, Robi.
About the same actually

I also have horses at my doorstep, which is very incredibly generous of mr mapmaker.

You guys did express a desire to belt each other around the head, so who am i to stand in the way of that happening;)

1675 BC, oh yeah!

Top Bottom