*Spoiler1* Gotm25-Mongols - Full World Map+Dawn of Medieval

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
*Spoiler1* Gotm25-Mongols full map visibility of the entire land area of the world plus contact with all rival civs or their remains plus you must have completed the ancient age.

Please read these instructions to make certain you DO NOT run afoul of the new spoiler rules.

Spoiler threads are divided to allow players to participate in spoiler discussions AFTER they have played their game far enough to pass a certain point in time and have already gained specific knowledge of the game.

For this game, every player must pass three tests in order to be able to view or participate this spoiler discussion thread.

For the Gotm25:

1. Full map visibility of the land area of the entire world.
2. Contact with all rivals or their remains. Use your histograph status page to make sure you have a full list of 15 names dead or alive.
3. Plus you must have completed the ancient age.

Here is a list of some specific dos and don'ts for this discussion thread:

You may discuss any game features/easter eggs that you discovered prior to the cutoffs.

You may post screenshots of cool stuff, but try to be courteous and crop and/or downsize the images to less than 800 pixels wide.

If you think you found a "bug", PM first or email me at gotm@civfanatics.net to see if we can identify it better by some general methods rather than cluttering up the discussion of the play of the game. Please do not use this thread to degrade it into a bug hunt when those issues are addressed elsewhere.

DO NOT not discuss ANY unit upgrades to the Mongol Specific units or other units in the Middle Ages. We will open a spoiler thread in just a day or two that will lead up through the Feudal/Medieval ages and this thread will allow you discuss specific features of game play in that time period.

This thread is intended to focus on things that you did in the game that lead up to getting out of the ancient age. It may have taken you longer to gain contact will all the rival civs but confine your discussion to the events in the ancient age "or your ears will be cut off and your body will be strapped to a catapult and launched over the walls of the nearest fortress under siege."

SUGGESTED MAPS, SCREEN SHOTS and DISCUSSION TOPICS:

1) try to report and discuss how you progressively gained contact with other civilizations in your world. One thing that really helps in this is a minimap with colored arrows that shows your exploration path as well as any chains of contact trades that you may have made.

2) Again you may want to discuss specifics about the configuration of the geography in this game because this is a unique map situation that you will not encounter in games outside of the GOTM game under the "guiding game's master" style of play.

3) Discuss strategic choices and why you made them for this game, while staying with in the bounds of the spoiler rules.

4) You may want to discuss specifically what you feel the Civ Specific traits are of the Civs that you have encountered and how you feel these manifest in the game.

5) How did you determine the minor civs in the game and how did they impact your game play.

6) Also post cool screenshots of your new units in interesting situations on the map.

Again we hope you are all enjoying this month's game.

Also as a reminder, please place one of the following two graphic icons at the beginning of any spoiler posts that include information from your game or discussion of features that relate to:
CONQUEST Class games
PREDATOR Class games

You can just use the quote button on at the upper right corner of this message to reveal how these image tags look and then you can cut and paste them into your own messages.

I will not be sending in a save this month.

I really had high hopes for this game, but I was really disappointed.

I started out building my first city where I started. I used my conquest treasure chests to jump start a granary. I decided to use zero research.

I sent out my scout. I quickly met the other civs, but no goody huts. I never found any. I was really worried about the horde of warriors the other civs had, and they constantly wandered through my territory, but never attacked me.

I built my second city to the E, and I was lucky that there was where the horses and iron was. I built my second city SW of my start, near the Magog border.

I did well in tech trading, despite that it is VERY tedious to have to check EACH civ EACH turn to see what techs are available to buy, then trade. It is this part of an Emperor level game that I really didn't enjoy.

I decided the first victim would be the Magogs. I built a force of horsemen and attacked their second city. I had no trouble taking the city, but I lost many units to their counterattacks. I had started to fall behind in the tech race so I decided to make peace to get four techs from the Magogs. I decided to wait the twenty turns of the peace deal and attack again. At this same time I built another city along the river, S of my iron/horse town.

I made it to the MAs. After I got Fuedalism no one would trade techs to me anymore. I guess they wanted more money than I had, so I started a 40 turn research on monotheism.

After twenty turns of peace had elapsed I set forth to the Magog capital with about a dozen horsemen. The Magog only had one city, it would be a cakewalk. After killing a few spearmen I started attacking some strange king-looking units. I never knew their stats, because after each combat a worker would show up as the "strongest" defender in the city.

I kept attacking and attacking. I figured, how many could there be? I killed some, but kept losing horsemen. I kept attacking thinking there could only be ONE more of them left. I kept up the attacks until I only had two 1 hit point horsemen left, and I STILL didn't take the city. My entire army was gone... I would never had attacked if I would have known those wierd king units were there.

It was then that I decided to quit. My army was wiped out and it looked like it was going to be about 60 turns until chivalry. I wasn't going to give my cities away or wait for the vultures to arrive. So no Mongol hordes for me :(

I really wish for the GOTM that Conquest players could play at lower difficulty levels like the medal games :(

Originally posted by ltccone
...I really wish for the GOTM that Conquest players could play at lower difficulty levels like the medal games :(
Unfortunately there is balance in the world and to reach the top shelf you must sometimes be willing to climb a few rungs on the ladder.

Lowering the difficulty level lower in every game will really not provide you with the enjoyment you seek because all great Civ achievements come from playing wisely against rivals that might be charged up to give you some stimulation and competition.

It is the mix of game difficulties and situations that provides you with these choices.

We have been holding the exclusive medal play series games in the Conquests class low on the difficulty scale just to try and fill your niche for a low difficulty game in the mix.

Even though you did not succeed the first time around, give the game another try by moving up to the open class game and trying not to repeat the same mistakes you may have made in your conquest level attempt.

Also I just noticed the goofy comments about some goofy strange king-like units in your game. Don't you think this was worthy of sending me a PM so I could try and sort this out for you. The game setup on PTWv1.14 does not have any known goofy King-like units in it.

Originally posted by cracker

Unfortunately there is balance in the world and to reach the top shelf you must sometimes be willing to climb a few rungs on the ladder.

Lowering the difficulty level lower in every game will really not provide you with the enjoyment you seek because all great Civ achievements come from playing wisely against rivals that might be charged up to give you some stimulation and competition.

It is the mix of game difficulties and situations that provides you with these choices.

I don't necessarily consider higher difficulty levels as "better" than lower difficulty, just different.

I kept attacking and attacking. I figured, how many could there be? I killed some, but kept losing horsemen. I kept attacking thinking there could only be ONE more of them left. I kept up the attacks until I only had two 1 hit point horsemen left, and I STILL didn't take the city. My entire army was gone...
I also run into those strange defenders and lost a lot of anda swordmens, but I did take the city. I think there were about 20 of these defenders (with 1hp?) and that civ did also draft citicens.

The strange thing was that the first "king" like defender did take ~5 o f my swordmen, but after that they were easy targets...

PTW 1.27 OPEN

civ1.29f

Odd.. well I didn't encounter anything like this in my Open class game....

I've actually finished now and had a great time - my first GOTM and definitely worthwhile - wish I'd found this site earlier! I'm now going to play GOTM 24 :) Thanks guys!

Anyway..given the numbers, I was expecting to make contact with lots of civs early on, which I did, although I still fell behind in techs pretty early - I then got a huge stroke of luck when one of the minor civs built the Great Library, which I nabbed to propel me out of the ancient age in 690 BC. No goody huts anywhere (or none that I found) was a bit of a shock, but otherwise I left the ancient age pretty happy with my progress - clearly the minor civs were there to give players an easy start to the conquest of the world... this worked pretty nicely - left the ancient age first in population and steaming up the power rankings.

The main strategic choice I made was deciding when to start attacking - my first war, v the magog was kicked off in 1075 BC - looking back, I cold probably have started earlier - I feel that I should have taken out all of the minor civs by the end of the ancient age rather than the 1 1/2 I ended up doing. I managed to get the Colossus, Oracle and GL from the minor civs, which was a nice bonus...

edit: Am I allowed to still submit scores for earlier GOTMs? suppose there wouldn't be much point....

ptw, 1.21 open

I started out with sending the warrior N and discovered the nice flood plain with wheat :D. Figuring I could get atleast 2 nice settler factories with this startposition, I settled on the spot in 4000BC.

Did a 100% research towords burial rituals and after that did only 40-turn gambits. Succeeded quite well with that and managed to buy/trade the techs as soon as someone discovered them.

There were almost no wars in all of the ancient time, except that Goguryean wiped out the koreans quite early. This lead to quite a fast tech pace and I entered the middle age in 850BC.

I managed to set up two 5-turn settler factories and had 16 towns when entering middle ages. I figured that there was no reason to start a war as long as I could expand as I wished, but I guess there soon will be, as one of my neighbours build GL a few turns ago.

A strange thing about this game was the amount of slaves I bought. Normally I hardly ever buy any slaves, but when I entered the middle ages I hadn't build a single worker. Instead I had 13 purchased slaves running around working for free.

PTW 1.27f Open
Welcome to the GoTM Ithron - I did the same as regards to workers most of mine were slaves as well. This game has been remarkable for me from another point as I don't remember ever having signed as many early MAs. I think I had signed about 6 before I entered the MA in around 1200 BC. An expensive business when you have to build the embassy and then pay for the alliance. I'm not submitting a QSC- I generally don't- but do you get points for MAs or do you just get contact points? Getting some good early alliances really helps to soften up the opponents especially at the higher difficulty levels which I think should be reflected in the QSC scoring if it isn't already.
In the process of setting up my embassies I found massive amount of troops positioned in the minor civs capitals while spying - the ones I saw looked like regular Otomi with 3 HPs. I decided against attacking the minor civs as I calculated I would need in the order of 30 - 40 Ander warriors to be sure of taking even just one of them. Instead I used them to fight proxy wars.
I was pleased that I got sneak attacked early by the magog using a stack of around six warriors not only because I managed to survive it but as it got me in war mode early as this often happens in regular games but has never happened to me before in a GOTM where I tend to coast along and don't mix it enough early in the game. Did anyone else get attacked early? At the time I only had my capital guarded by two reg warriors - they attacked off a mountain, 4 in the first wave and 2 in the second. My warriors promoted to elite and vet in the first attack, my elite was killed in the second but my vet held firm - it was very hairy.
I've had three crashes in this game- the Ander warrior crash and two civilopedia crashes. I'm glad the ander warrior crash has been sorted as they have been getting alot of work in my game - the civilopedia can crash as much as it likes - if it was a library the Great Khan Samildanach would have had it burned.

CONQUEST PtW 1.27f - Horse Archer version
My second GoTM; this time trying for domination (space last time as all neighbours too grumpy for UN).
As Sorsam-hit of the Magogs built the Pyramids they became my first target. The attack took so long they also built the Great Wall in there. It took ages because of the king units, mentioned above, but it did generate two leaders. They also dragged 5 other civs into the wars so i had my hands full being attacked from all sides.
I thought these units were a way of strengthening a minor civ - ie one that apparently could only have two towns, and I have not attacked the other two minors, fearing they too would have a similar defence. However my 10 elite swords are on their way to the Khazars.
I thought these special defenders were an easter egg - not a bug !!
I am really enjoying this game - thanks Cracker.

[ptw] 1.27f open

Well after one Predator win and then one Predator loss thought I'd try open to ensure a victory and try to enjoy the tactics of the units in this GOTM

Moved warrior to hill, see flooplain move settler two north to get in range and that got me a 4 turn settler factory with only one turn of MM. That was good enough for me didn't even look to see if I could get more out of it.

I then built two scouts and a warrior, don't remember seeing any huts.

After spreading out quickly, started to be trade broker and kept ahead in tech, bought many workers for techs.

2390BC met everyone when Writing was researched, bought it and did the usual major trade deals

Establish embassy with Kazars to find they have 19 troops in their capital????????????????

Here is a picture for those that wonder about the "King" unit. I licked my lips and thought mmm leader factory.

1600BC Was the Mapmaking turn, we didn't research it but when somebody did we got it and ended up with, 1067 gold, everyone bankrupt, full map. It is a shame but you have to look at the dip screen for every civ every turn (especially early in the game) or you would miss out on this kind of deal. I think it would benifit the game if you were told when a civ researched a new tech, but as you know you have to do it, you just get on with it.

1175BC Hook up iron hoping to get the barb huts as MA about to hit for somebody, but when it happens all the local ones are gone. I tried surrounding one but India got through and killed it.

Now our military is strong compared with all (after upgrading the warriors), so started to systematically renegotiate peace and keep everyone bankrupt.

1000BC, 13 cities, 1 settler, 1 local worker, 17 traded workers, 7 spear, 16 Anda Swords, 4 Archers, 3 horses. 586 gold, Monarchy in 10 and trading for that jumped me into the middle ages 10 turns later.

Magog got the Pyramids so that was my first target.

v1.27f

Early exploration shows a nasty early start, as some of the nearby cities have 2 cities already. Since I thought Demigod had one settler to start some civs started on steroids. As I feared with 11 civs the map is very crowded. We will need those UU units to do well. We do get to buy 2 foreign workers before 3000BC to help our position. The tech pace is flying early on as we have the entire first row by 3400BC and Mysticism on the second row.

The 2950 BC to 2000 BC time frame saw 9 more foreign workers added to the worker pool. We had some scary AI troop movements, but they turned out to be false alarms. Seeing 5 units heading toward your capitol isn't fun when it has a single warrior. Contact with the whole world is achieved in 2230 BC thanks to the trading of writing.

The 1990 BC to 1000 BC time frame saw 3 more foreign workers. There were more available, but I want to conserve cash for mass upgrades. I am still selling stray contacts to civs all the way to 1870 BC. The disappointment was first to polytheism and not much I can get out of it in trading. Ta-Tu is formed during this time giving me horses and iron.

1625 BC to 2nd thread -
The first Arab war begins. I sign an alliance with Russia and Rajaputana against them. Now I have to hope they don't have many troops in my area. I extend it for another 20 turns when I can get Civil Service and $88 for my troubles.

1300 BC to 2nd thread -
The phony Gogury war begins. Korea came offering an alliance and gave me literature. I don't plan to do much here either, but the free tech is hard to pass up.

1050 BC to 2nd thread -
The first Han war begins. It is expensive, but I bribe the Ottomans to join the war. I also get the Khwarizmia to join the war for free. The majority of dead units were Han.

1025 BC - I enter the middle ages.

I can best sum up my situation by saying that is feels like a hard deity game. 14 civs is driving the tech pace crazy. I am unable to play the typical slow pace tech game and have large blocks of cash for upgrades, and other uses.

This game already looks like a challenge to finish on-time. I am only in the BC time frame, but the turns are already over 5 minutes apiece.

Moderator Action: Tech Step, can you please edit this message to show your software version and the class of your game at the beginning of your posts - Thanks - cracker
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Version = PTW;
Class = Open;

Well I moved to the hill to the N/W (I think) and settled on the hill. Built a granary and then sent a settler off to the N/E (Iron + Horses)

From then on in everything got a bit difficult. I decided early on that this game would be a game for fighting so I set about making my capital a settler factory (I was able to build a settler in 4 turns YAY!). I only wanted to have 5 cities and make them as strong as possible and use them to pump out horsemen and eventually the special units (not for this thread however)

I tried to gambit my way to monarchy but was beaten there by the ottomans. I got their second and traded it for currency and construction.

Going into the middle ages things are looking a bit sketchy, I am not even half way up the power ladder and everyone has heaps of units.

In my game the Germans and the ottomans are the most powerfull.

To be fair I am not a great fan of having as many opponents as there are in this game as it takes too long to trade anything etc. Perhaps there should be a feature in a new civ that allows you to check if a civ has anything that you want automatically so you don;t havre to muck around. ie: If you had an embasy your advisor could tell you if they have discovered anything new???

Cracker. I managed to get all of the bugs sorted with the new downloads. Thanks for sdorting it out so quickly.

good luck all.

It has taken me a few hours to sort out the "goofy kings" issue that exists in the PTW games.

First, let me make it absolutely clear that this effect does not apply to the Civ3v1.29 games.

If you look around you in the game, you will see that there are three civilizations near you that clearly are not growing as fast as the other civilizations. This should not be a major spoiler to you at this point in the game if you have legitimately qualified to participate in this spoiler thread. The three civs are your "minor" rivals even if they may not appear initially to you to be minor.

Players who are playing a constructive game will use the tools that you have built into the game to assess the civs you meet and in particular these nearby neighbors. You will notice that one of these minor neighbors has access to both iron and horses while the other two only have access to one of these early strategic resources. By design, these minor rivals should be building lots more military than normal but their positions and starting priorities should be more of a threat to civilizations other than you as the Mongols. For you as the Mongols they should be just big fat cannon fodder if you plan ahead in the game.

The bug that exists in the PTW versions of the game is caused by the PTW editor that automatically adds every possible king unit to the buildable inventory of every added civilization in the game. Even though none of the civs should be able to build kinsg, the editor adds this feature anyway. Further complicating this issue is that fact that the Civs should not technically be building king units because the kings are flagged with the AI strategy of "king" which in this game ends up doing nothing. The two AI rivals with kings should be building warriors and perhaps archers and then later on building swordsman and horsemen which would threaten you and the other major civs around you. Instead, they minor rivals just sit there and get fat with what amounts to a huge pile of warriors(dressed like Hannibal) waiting for you to come along and massacre them with your hordes. The Hannibals won't run. They won't attack. They just stand there and wait for you to whack them in the head.

Note that this same feature/bug was present in Gotm24-Korea but went unnoticed because so many players did not play in v1.27 and the civs could expand and build other things other than targets for you to whack.

The minor civs in PTW become less of a threat to you if you pay attention top the pregame discussion and key strategies of expansion and tech management. They do become harder to kill early if you do not do your homework.

So there is essentially balance here even though the two game versions end up being different. The Civ3v1.29 game has rivals that may be easier to kill but the PTW game will be slightly easier to produce great leaders and advance in technology.

One observation to share here early, is that the three games I have observed so far in the conquests class games all demonstrate fairly poor expansion. These games only had 4, 5, and 6 towns respectively when the expected number of towns by 1000BC on this map should be in the 11 to 15 range. This is designed to be a bloody game and the opening start position is actually randomly generated. There is a reason that the targeted Medal Play victory condition is aimed at Domination instead of just kill them all Conquest and we will see that players who expand rapidly using the techniques demonstrated repeatedly by top players like Bamspeedy, SirPleb, Qitai, and others will really have fun in this game.

You also could have placed an embassy with the Magog for just 33 gold and that would have given you full view of their entire capital. They had no luxuries and their only resource was horses which you already had and could never have dry up.

... I would never had attacked if I would have known those wierd king units were there.(
Ltccone, now that I have had a chance to look at your game I can see several points that should be important for reference.

First, you were right at the cusp of being able to enter the Middle Ages after your first attack that took the Magog's 2nd city. You were only 6 turns away from the end of the QSC period and only had 5 cities including the one that your had captured. Just because barracks are cheap for the Mongols does not mean that every city needs to hand build one. With the Magog being ahead of you in techs up until you whooped up on them and used pointed stick research (as designed) it would be reasonable to assume that they would have a force of at least 3 or 4 spearmen backed up with perhaps warriors, archers, and catapults. When you attacked their capital again with a stack of 13 Gosposdars and 3 spearmen, I think the better strategy would have been to use the intervening 20 turn period to build settlers and expand while you repositioned your gospodars are built outward toward setting up conflict or cooperation with the other neighbors you were provided. Your few towns were severly spread out and overpopulated when your empire could have been two or three times larger and more powerful.

I would recommend that you replay the game from your 1250BC turn save when you had just made peace with the Magogs the first time after stealing their silks and looting their technology lead. Look around and see what you can do creative to trade yourself into the middle ages and begin the great hunt for mortal men.

I'm Civ3v1.29 conquest

Originally posted by samildanach
PTW 1.27f
I was pleased that I got sneak attacked early by the magog using a stack of around six warriors not only because I managed to survive it but as it got me in war mode early as this often happens in regular games but has never happened to me before in a GOTM where I tend to coast along and don't mix it enough early in the game. Did anyone else get attacked early? At the time I only had my capital guarded by two reg warriors - they attacked off a mountain, 4 in the first wave and 2 in the second. My warriors promoted to elite and vet in the first attack, my elite was killed in the second but my vet held firm - it was very hairy.

That describes pretty much exactly what happened to me. Except my warriors died. My city was on the square NE of the start square and the evil Magog were attacking from the W not the Mountain. Exact details found in my submitted qsc timeline. I think I've clinched the red ambulance this month :(. Was your capital on the hill to the North?

Civ3v1.29, Predator

This was the best GOTM I have played yet. I thought it would be tough to top the Vikings and Korea, but this one blew them away. Kudos to Cracker and the GOTM team. The new units are very well designed, and they ensure that strategy must be carefully laid out with them in mind. Simultaneously, they do not unbalance the game. In fact, I felt they made it even more balanced: many decisions in this game were absolutely critical. I think I will wait for the next spoiler to post, because that is when all the ancient age decisions bear fruit or bring ruin. I will say, however, that I would have been most pleased to see goofy king units in my game, because leaders were not to be had for love or money.

[ptw] 1.27f Open

Starting off I moved the warrior to discover the floodplain wheat. Once that was discovered, I moved NE and settled. I built 1 more scout, another worker, and then a granary. It took me quite a while to get a 4-turn settler factory going, but once I did, it worked it's wonders as usual. I didn't end up founding my second city until 1910 BC, but by the QSC cutoff I had 9 cities and 2 settler en route.

The tech pace of this game was frightening. I easily had the first tier in the 3000s BC. The early trading oppurtunities helped me take a lead, but I soon fell far, far behind. I, however, was presented a golden oppurtunity when the Magog completed the GL in their capitol. I amassed a modest force of around 10-15 Gospado and went after them. When I had established an embassy earlier, I noticed the King units, but did not know what they were. I soon found out that they are excellent for promoting your units to elite. It took around 2 or 3 turns of attacking, and my forces were reduced a great deal, but I fianlly did capture the GL, catapulting me into the Middle Ages in 50 BC.

PTW 1.27f Open

Heres a screenshot of my capital at 1000BC - they attacked from the hill with wines. I remember now thinking at the time I should have founded on that hill given the number of opponents and the level. When the magog attacked I was just in the process of completeing my first settler so I couldn't rush an extra defender or lose all those shields and decided to risk defending with just two units- I slipped the settler out between the first and second attacks.

Did the magog raise your capital when they took it ? - I was counting on being able to take it back if the magog captured it thats why I continued with the settler. I noticed that the minor civs razed cities rather than capture them later in the game so I didn't make a smart decision.

1.29f [civ3]

I moved my settler NE one tile after scouting with my warrior, treasures, and scout. Having learned from my experience in the Korean GOTM, I was able to successfully set up a four-turn settler factory [party] (my first!!) I popped my first settler in 2510 BC and had 11 cites at the end of the QSC period. I started keeping a QSC log, but I got so caught up in the game that the quality of my log suffered, and then I forgot to stop at 1000 BC. :( So no QSC for Bugsy this time.

My initial exploration had units heading N, S, E & W. I lost a scout south of Khazars and brought a warrior back when the Gogury sent a SOD of 4 warriors and 5 archers to my northwestern frontier. They marched on by, but I thought I was going to have the red ambulance wrapped up there for about three turns.

By 3500 BC, I had already met Magog, Khazars, and Gandhi. I had all contacts by 2070 BC.

I knew the map was going to be crowded having so many early contacts, so that made me change my priorities. Initially I was planning on a peaceful expansion until I ran out of land, but a strong military became priority number one. The capitol built scout, warrior, warrior, granary, then 11 settlers. The first build in every city was a warrior. And Ta-tu (city #2) built warrior, warrior, barracks, and then nothing but warriors. In hindsight, I should have popped a few workers in between, but I would peal a worker off my other cities as soon as they were pop 2.

Seeing that Magog, Khazars, and the Gogury already had two cities by the time I met them, I was afraid cracker had placed three 800-lb gorillas right next to me. The three “minor” civs must have had two settlers and were unable to build anymore (although Khazars captured Odessa from the Russians) By the 1500’s I remembered that cracker had put in the minor civs and breathed a small sigh of relief, although they loved marching medium sized SODs along my boarders.

Given Magog’s geographic position on the coast, I decided to go after them first. My reasoning was that instead of being surrounded, I would have a three front situation. I built up a force of 16 warriors, and upgraded them to swords. I declared honorably and marched into their territory and took their second city without a loss. Their capitol was a different story. I sent a force of 13 swords on towards the capitol. (Two redlined units are healing in the captured city and a third unit to guard them.) The Magog had at least five defenders, which defeated 10 of my swords, red-lined two others and left one healthy sword to defend against a counterattack. They now had two elite spear type units. I sent my red-lined units out to heal, and came back with a force of five healthy units to take out the two elites. When I marched into the capitol I had two red-lined elites left. That was a near run thing.

About the time I was attacking the first Magog city, I was informed that the Khazars had bult the great library…target number two. :mwaha: :D I figured that while these minor civs might have few cities, cracker had somehow given them a military advantage to survive as long as possible. I started building a force of 10 horses and five swords to take the GL. Since I was falling behind in techs after I upgraded my units (I didn’t have any money left to trade techs) I stopped research, and hoped for a military victory to catapult me into the Middle Ages.

The GL actually was easy to capture. Losing one horse, and retreating another. Chimkent fell, the GL was mine, and the next turn we became a Medival civ.

I am really looking forward to the next 100 turns or so and using the new units. It should be fun. I think I may play cracker's Trick or Treat Quick Game first to practice with these units.

Thanks to the GOTM crew for a great time so far. :goodjob:

PtW Conquest

Well I started by spending 1 chest on barraks and kept the other chest for a barraks in my second city.

Went exploring. Meeting the civs was really easy. Traded techs and kept everyone bankrumpt. I went for lit right away so that I could try to get the GL. Since I was militaristic I decided to get it with a leader.

The Magogs declare war on me, I think they are stupid because they only have 2 cities. I quickly get a leader in 1525 and build the GL in 1425. I get another leader in 1250 and build the pyrimids in 1200. I also get another leader just after using the last one in 1200. I build an army with him in hopes to get another leader and build the heroic epic thing.

I destroy Mogog in 950 and end the AA with Raja almost destroyed.

I kept one city that was rank one just pumping out warriors every turn and just ran him to another town to upgrade. Since I had the GL I had research set at 0.

I fully expect some of the better players to be fairly close to be fairly close to a domination victory at the end of the AA seeing how good I was doing.

Top Bottom